Hobby Lobby and birth control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Hobby Lobby and birth control
OK we all know hobby lobby's stance. A news report just came out the HL invest millions of dollars through their employee 401k plans on the companies that provide the meds of the services they do not want to provide. Good busness? Hypocritcal? Other?

Forbes article, a bit long so just a link.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/20...objection/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2014, 09:10 AM
RE: Hobby Lobby and birth control
(02-04-2014 12:01 PM)wazzel Wrote:  Good busness? Hypocritcal? Other?

I'd lean toward "liar". If they were up front about their stance being that they want to save money and not about their religious beliefs, then at least they'd be honest. Greedy, but honest.

We know their actual argument isn't about religion, both because that argument is dumb, and they're breaking it, as you pointed out.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
03-04-2014, 09:25 AM
Hobby Lobby's health play use to cover the things they now want to be excluded from. I am not sure about when they stopped covering them and with the other news going on it is hard to find a source for that bit of info.
03-04-2014, 02:09 PM
It makes them greedy, lying, hypocrites with an agenda. Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
03-04-2014, 02:10 PM
Hobby Lobby...
-ists

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 2 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
05-04-2014, 01:28 AM
Maybe just an oversight.

Someone asked me once if we should continue to provide aid to Israel if the Israeli government funds abortions. I said no that we should not. They went on to point out that the Israeli government does fund abortions(I never verified for myself if this was true or not). I rescind my support for providing aid to Israel(assuming the claim they fund abortions is true).

When deciding to support or not support financial aid to Israel, the abortion issue never even occurred to me. The case could be the same for the Green's.

But this does raise another interesting question that previously never occurred to me. I'm sure I invest in companies whose 401ks invest in companies which provide the means of abortion. As a prolife person should I re-think my investments?
06-04-2014, 07:55 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2014 08:40 AM by Cathym112.)
(05-04-2014 01:28 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Maybe just an oversight.

Someone asked me once if we should continue to provide aid to Israel if the Israeli government funds abortions. I said no that we should not. They went on to point out that the Israeli government does fund abortions(I never verified for myself if this was true or not). I rescind my support for providing aid to Israel(assuming the claim they fund abortions is true).

When deciding to support or not support financial aid to Israel, the abortion issue never even occurred to me. The case could be the same for the Green's.

But this does raise another interesting question that previously never occurred to me. I'm sure I invest in companies whose 401ks invest in companies which provide the means of abortion. As a prolife person should I re-think my investments?

"Just not occurring to the greens" is not an acceptable or remotely plausible explanation.

as the CEO of my company, I fund the 401k plans for my employees. While I have financial advisors to manage the 401, I get this piece of paper every year during enrollment time that I have to sign pursuant to ERISA laws that states that I am aware of what funds are in the pool for selection.

That dog won't hunt.

Of course facts mean little to you, blowjob. You made that perfectly clear when you continue to state that the worlds population is declining. The rate of growth is declining...but not the actual growth. We have too many people on this planet.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
06-04-2014, 11:29 AM
(05-04-2014 01:28 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Maybe just an oversight.

He's back!

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post