Hockey is back!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2015, 03:03 PM
Hockey is back!
After almost a decade without a local hockey team, hockey is back in San Diego, with the addition of the Anaheim Ducks minor league team, The Gulls. Previously called the Norfolk Admirals.

The Gulls have a lot of history in San Diego dating back to the 60's with great players such as Willie O'Ree who was known as the "Jackie Robinson" of the NHL. The team also set a record of 62 wins in one season.

With the addition of The Gulls, 4 other NHL teams (Edmonton, Calgary, San Jose, Los Angeles) had to move their minor league teams to California. It's been kind of tricky for me because I'm a Kings fan rooting for the Ducks minor league team. I guess I will root for them when they are on the Gulls and against when they are called up to the Ducks.

I know this is a different Gulls team than the ones I grew up with that gave San Diego many championships, something our professional teams can't seem to do here, but I look forward to some competitive hockey.

With the very real possibility of the Chargers leaving town to relocate in LA, I think the Gulls will have lots of support even from people that were never into hockey before.

Let's go Gulls!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OceanTherapist's post
29-10-2015, 06:03 AM
RE: Hockey is back!
Back? We only just got rid of him.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply