Hola amigos! :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Hola amigos! :)
Hi people!
My name is Roy and I'm from mexico, a country full of catholics, I was one for 15 years until I just couldn't ignore my reasoning any more.

Anyway my story I'm pretty sure is nothing you've never heard before so I'll be brief with what I have to say
I am a lonely atheist who is not sad but frustrated at times. I don't know how smart I am but I'm pretty sure I'm smarter than most of the people I know, and I think that helped me to not fall under terrible depression when everyone I knew turned their backs on me when I started expressing my point of view about religion and the imaginary dude in the sky. There's only a handfull of people in my life that I am close to now that I am an atheist and despite that, I would not change the way I think now for anything, I just liked the world would stop speculating about how sad my life must be without god and all that stuff I used to think about ''crazy atheists'' myself.

I love being an atheists and engaging in deep conversations with people, giving my opinion and understanding others, so I'm excited about being here because since I became An aheist 3 years ago there's just not too many people willing to talk to me because you know, to them I'm the devil.

So may the force be with you folks and let's see how this goes Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes netninja's post
17-02-2014, 07:01 PM
RE: Hola amigos! :)
Hola!

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Bienvenido!! Glad to meet you and all that fun welcoming stuff haha. Smile

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
17-02-2014, 07:09 PM
(17-02-2014 06:48 PM)netninja Wrote:  Hi people!
My name is Roy and I'm from mexico, a country full of catholics, I was one for 15 years until I just couldn't ignore my reasoning any more.

Anyway my story I'm pretty sure is nothing you've never heard before so I'll be brief with what I have to say
I am a lonely atheist who is not sad but frustrated at times. I don't know how smart I am but I'm pretty sure I'm smarter than most of the people I know, and I think that helped me to not fall under terrible depression when everyone I knew turned their backs on me when I started expressing my point of view about religion and the imaginary dude in the sky. There's only a handfull of people in my life that I am close to now that I am an atheist and despite that, I would not change the way I think now for anything, I just liked the world would stop speculating about how sad my life must be without god and all that stuff I used to think about ''crazy atheists'' myself.

I love being an atheists and engaging in deep conversations with people, giving my opinion and understanding others, so I'm excited about being here because since I became An aheist 3 years ago there's just not too many people willing to talk to me because you know, to them I'm the devil.

So may the force be with you folks and let's see how this goes Smile

I'm happy that you aren't depressed over that, it kind of told you who appreciates you.

Cheers to your introspection and your healthy sense of skepticism!

Smile!
17-02-2014, 07:19 PM
Welcome!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
17-02-2014, 07:40 PM
G'day.
(Use more knowledgeable, not smarter even if that is true).

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
17-02-2014, 07:55 PM
(17-02-2014 07:40 PM)sporehux Wrote:  G'day.
(Use more knowledgeable, not smarter even if that is true).

Yes I Know what you mean and I thought about it just afterwards I posted it. It sounded like I was bragging and I usually try not to. I still prefer to give credit to my brain instead of the holy spirit like I used to. Smartass

Thanks! I'll try to choose my words better.
17-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Hola y bienvenidos Shy

17-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Bienvenido. Te va a gustar este lugar.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
18-02-2014, 04:42 PM
ES : ¡ Bienvenido en el foro ! me gustó leer tú mensaje.

EN : Welcome to the forum ! I liked read your post.