Holding an empty bucket

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2013, 02:37 AM
RE: Holding an empty bucket
(20-03-2013 02:26 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(20-03-2013 02:16 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Very good, grasshopper! Now follow your trail of thought just a little further....

You should probably know that I have reasons to believe that intellect is fundamental to our existence.
I'm genuinely pleased to hear that. Keep going.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2013, 05:28 AM
Re: Holding an empty bucket
Nothing yet I see.
Find all posts by this user
20-03-2013, 05:39 AM
(20-03-2013 05:28 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Nothing yet I see.
Ah...maybe we need the earth to revolve around its axis one more time...ie he probably fell asleep
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-03-2013, 05:46 AM
Only one "attempt" from one theist so far. I mean, there are supposed to be others.
20-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Um... are you counting mine as the attempt ? 'Cos I can't find anything else...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-03-2013, 07:48 AM
Is this similar to those memes circulating Atheist Facebook pages about how 20,000 children have cancer and one million people could pray one million times for god to heal them, and 20,000 children will still have cancer? Either way it's a compelling meme.

Keep your rosaries out of my ovaries, and your theology out of my biology.
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people." --Dr. House
20-03-2013, 08:39 AM
One of PJ's big regrets was that he had a group seeking a debate in public between him and Hitchens. But alas, this was not to be. This thread touches another of the Hitchens straw men. There are millions of Christians in America alone who doubt or outright disbelieve the miraculous happenings in the Bible but love and adore Jesus as a moral authority, a great teacher, and divine. Less than 1% of the Bible text records miracles. Without them, one can still find the magnificent teachings and love of Jesus Christ. It does not require MODERN miracles to read the Bible and desire to reach out toward God/respond to God.
20-03-2013, 08:47 AM
(20-03-2013 08:39 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  One of PJ's big regrets was that he had a group seeking a debate in public between him and Hitchens. But alas, this was not to be. This thread touches another of the Hitchens straw men. There are millions of Christians in America alone who doubt or outright disbelieve the miraculous happenings in the Bible but love and adore Jesus as a moral authority, a great teacher, and divine. Less than 1% of the Bible text records miracles. Without them, one can still find the magnificent teachings and love of Jesus Christ. It does not require MODERN miracles to read the Bible and desire to reach out toward God/respond to God.
Of course it does, unless you're approaching this from a "faith requires no proof, or modern miracles" angle. Which is true, but why have faith? Also it begs the question: doesn't god's nature stay consistent? If miracles were allowed then, so that the bible could be written and faith established for some, why not now?

Keep your rosaries out of my ovaries, and your theology out of my biology.
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people." --Dr. House
20-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Still no takers.
20-03-2013, 03:56 PM
(20-03-2013 02:26 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You should probably know that I have reasons to believe that intellect is fundamental to our existence.

None that are rational. If there were good reasons you would have presented them already.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious