HoliSPRAY

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2014, 09:00 AM
HoliSPRAY
HoliSPRAY Weeping

Procter & Gamble’s marketing people have “jumped the shark”.
Commendable action but horrible marketing.

CINCINNATI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--December 03, 2014--
Bringing attention to the massive quantities of boxed up children's toys in garages and attics around the country, Old Spice today launched a first-of-its-kind, phil-MAN-thropic holiday toy donation program with non-profit Second Chance Toys, an organization dedicated to keeping plastic toys out of landfills by donating them to children in need throughout local communities in the U.S. The inaugural Old Spice HoliSPRAY Toy Donation Exchange, which runs from Dec. 3 through Dec. 15, encourages moms and dads to donate their children's gently used plastic toys in exchange for Old Spice Re-fresh Body Spray, the gift that keeps on giving one spray at a time.

Old Spice HoliSPRAY Toy Donation Exchange (Photo: Business Wire)

Inspired by the hilarious moment from the new Old Spice "Dadsong" (:60) TV ad when the dad runs over his son's childhood toys with a riding lawnmower, signifying his boy's entry into manhood, the Old Spice HoliSPRAY Exchange is designed to rescue all of those used dump trucks and fire engines to bring joy to the lives of disadvantaged children during the holidays.

"We're excited to partner with Second Chance Toys and bring attention to a cause that is so important to helping today's youth," said John Sebastian, Old Spice Brand Director at Procter & Gamble. “We couldn't think of a more fitting way to illustrate our message about a boy's transition to manhood than with a toy drive that rewards a simple act of kindness with the gift of manhood -- Old Spice Re-fresh Body Spray."

Apparently not Facepalm

[Image: article-2541325-1ABD3C5300000578-341_634x555.jpg]

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2014, 09:09 AM
RE: HoliSPRAY
Holiday+Spray=Holispray. Were you thinking holy spray? It's a weird way to peddle product but at least children get toys out of it.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
04-12-2014, 09:11 AM
I thought P&G were satanic? Evil_monster

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
04-12-2014, 09:14 AM
(04-12-2014 09:11 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I thought P&G were satanic? Evil_monster

I remember my grandmother buying into that shit. P&G products were verboten in her house. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2014, 10:54 AM
Yeah, it has to do with their logo of the moon and 13 stars. The stars represent the original 13 States. Many read Satanic things into it.

Edit: wait! Isn't the US the Great Satan? Ha, that explains it.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
04-12-2014, 10:58 AM
Plus they are promoting giving a boy "the gift on manhood"!
Laugh out load