Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Thumbs Up Holidays
This thread is meant as a bit of nostalgic goodness. Just a question to all of those reading. What is your favorite holiday from childhood, and why? maybe even your fondest memory. I'll start.

HALLOWEEN, easily the best holiday for me then and now. My birthday is in October too so I would save up all of my birthday money as a kid just to buy all the Halloween gear I could grab. Vampire teeth, fake blood, masks a plenty. Gollee Gee, the memories I have. I would watch any program dealing with Halloween (still do) even the awful ones. My favorites were all the old Disney Halloween specials like the legend of sleepy hollow which is now banned, and Disneys Halloween Treat. They don't do those anymore and it's a shame really. I was a big fan of the Roseanne Halloween specials, and the home improvement ones too. I loved trick or treating, but I liked the atmosphere of the whole month a lot more. to me Halloween started October 1st and ended when I ran out of shadows to hide in. I still remember when the holiday started to slip away from the kids and fall into the teen party time scene. I was sad then and now I plan for returning it to children. I will. I must. On a side note... Ironically my daughters birthday is October 31st....
To all of those people out there who share my love of the holiday and it`s fun spirit, go out and buy `Trick r`Treat` which is an amazing new Halloween movie. Tongue

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply