Holland kills the multiculturalism that is killing it

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2012, 10:44 AM
RE: Holland kills the multiculturalism that is killing it
I find it strange that the key word is "multiculturalism" when the main issue seems to be Islam. Isn't Islam a religion rather than a culture, a religion that has actually destroyed any semblance of culture that might have existed in the near East? If Christians demanded to live by biblical laws, wouldn't the government come down just as hard on them?

I don't think killing multiculturalism is the answer. I am very happy to learn about the language, food, music, history and achievements of the people who have come to live in Ireland over the past 3000 years. We are all Irish, regardless of what countries our ancestors lived in. We can all learn from each other.
But I am less tolerant of their religion, and the practises that come with the crazy beliefs that they cling to. I wish people would call it what it is. There wouldn't be a problem if these people weren't religious.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
21-05-2012, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2012 11:45 AM by Peterkin.)
The new formatting on this site is crap. S'long!

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
21-05-2012, 12:06 PM
(21-05-2012 11:38 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  The new formatting on this site is crap. S'long!
(21-05-2012 09:03 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Oh noes!

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-05-2012, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2012 03:27 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-05-2012 12:06 PM)lucradis Wrote:  
(21-05-2012 11:38 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  The new formatting on this site is crap. S'long!

Oh noes!

That IS too bad, but at the same time, I'm neither able or willing to get into a dickfight about all the past evils of all the past empires. The thread was not about "memory". It was about today. The people alive in Northern Europe today, have to deal with today, and were nether alive in, nor responsible for the past, as is anyone else. If Muslum women can cover their faces, so can any man, and if everyone is going to go around with covered faces, that IS unsafe, and not somewhere I would want to be.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
21-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Peterkin, if it's about the "snip" in quotes, just click on it and the whole quote shows up.

I am an immigrant myself, and language is crucial.

If you don't speak the language, you can't integrate. You are forced to live in seclusion from the new culture and rely only on other immigrants for everything.

It's not just about buying your own milk in a store that isn't run by immigrants from your country. It's about attitudes and ways of thinking that are innate to the language.

If you have never lived in a country that speaks a language foreign to you, you don't know just how crucial it is if integration is the goal.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-05-2012, 02:31 PM
(21-05-2012 09:03 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
Shall I bring you some cheese?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
21-05-2012, 04:56 PM
(21-05-2012 08:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  ....

It chaps me when I have to press one for English. If you want to move to another country and take advantage of the benefits there...then do what you have to do to be part of the country and the culture.
The main time that annoyed me was years ago when on unemployment.... my first thought was "you know, if they can't understand English well enough that the phrase 'press 2 for Spanish' is in Spanish.... maybe that's why they can't find a job...." Keep in mind, I tried to sell things to people when working in retail even if they spoke Spanish (attempted to let them speak in Spanish and me interpret just enough to find out what they wanted), it's was just the whole context thing. I won't even intentionally go to any country that's language isn't English, just because I don't know the language of any other country well enough to not "make them" speak English to me for there to be interaction. I consider it just respect, of a sort at least....
21-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Makes me laugh when in my country (uk) the press report on stories that put immigrants in a bad light (with reference to benefits and how much they get) and this throws the sheeple in bouts of anguish and they in turn shed hatred towards foreigners calling them fucking spongers when they dont even begin to question that the goverment is the ones who have decided that they need these X amount of £££ in benefits to live.

Misplaced hate Consider

Pisses me off the people who I have known in the past who hate everything that isnt English......... yet enjoy holidays abroad, drink foreign beer and enjoy eating takeaway currys off people who normally they would call "paki bastards"

Hippocritical much Consider

Yes I think for the ease of everybody then people should try to intergrate........ but how much of there identity/past/culture should they have to get rid of or suppress just so the people born here can feel "english"????

I "resonate" with these lyrics............. but thats just me and my worldview Heart

and I go with the feeling from the start
blind in the eye so I see you with my heart
and to me all yall look exactly the same
fear faith compassion and pain

and try as we may to mask it remains
such as your religion or your past and your race
the same colour blood just pass through our veins
and tears taste the same when they're splashing your face
The worlds getting too small to stand in one place
its like we're roommates just sharing a space
can't separate and still carry the weight
gotta heal get away from the fear and the hate
gotta shake free from the chains

you see what remains
just a human being end of the day
don't matter to me what name you gave your spiritual plane
close your eyes and you'll see what I'm saying
I started rhyming just to be somebody
found out that I already was
cause can't nobody be free unless we're all free
there's no me and no you its just us .

Heart

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
22-05-2012, 02:09 AM
I'm not sure why Americans actually complain about Spanish being so widespread in the country. After all, English and Spanish have always been competing languages in the "New World". Both are kind of foreign languages aren't they? What's wrong with having a country that's multilingual?
Nobody here complains that you have a "press 1 for English", even though we have a much more negative history than the US when it comes to English. But if everything were in Irish, only 8% of the population would be comfortable with it. Why not cater to the largest number of people?

Second, people are so quick to point out the foreigners on welfare and quickly ignore the much larger number of working foreigners who actually contribute positively to the country. My department alone is mostly international, and all the researchers make enough money to pay taxes by doing jobs that only they are qualified for.

And finally, to a non-American, you must understand that any American complaining about immigration seems to be highly hypocritical, due to the fact that most Americans are, in fact, immigrants.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
22-05-2012, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2012 02:42 AM by Filox.)
Hmmmm... Peterkin is right in a way. Not just in a way, he is right. A lot of countries did form from immigrants (USA, Australia, Canada...), but since those days are now over and we all live in some sort of democracy, then the majority has something to say, doesn't it? Nobody is denying the new immigrants to move to some new country, but what I don't understand is why do you want to move to a new country and than demand all sorts of changes from that new country to feel more like your old country? What was the deal in moving then?

My friend has a grandmother (or something) that moved to Canada 30 years ago and she still ONLY speaks Croatian. That woman can not function or contribute to Canada, she can not even go the the shop, yet she has citizenship and the same rights as other Canadians. That is just wrong. On the other hand, she does not give any demands to anything, she is good there and happy.

Back to the Muslims, they do seem to be the loudest ones. They want to wear burkas, because that is their religious right? What? Where are all those women who are happy to wear burkas? Or is it that man are forcing them to do so still, even when they move to new country? Now, isn't this stupid? What annoys me horribly is when Muslims in France wanted to have drivers licence with burkas on. WHF?!

Here is great example how retarded laws allow retarded things to happen... A Muslim drivers licence issued in Croatia, where else would you find such a retarded thing? Smile

[Image: 8132.normal_5F00_vozacka-dozvola.jpg]

Tell me, do you see a problem here? Does this now give the opportunity for the whole new family to drive around with only one licence? Isn't this 100% illegal? Why do I have to have my picture on a driving licence, and Muslim women do not? Are they better than me? Do they have more rights? Why do they have different rights than I do? What if my religion tells me to smoke weed, can I do it without repercussions? Why not, it is my right as stated by this Holly Book of Weed and how dare you tell me that I am wrong?

How far do we have to go with this until we decide it really is a bit too much? You know, equality and justice for ALL, not just those of certain religions/non-religions. For ALL! The law is ONE and it should be used as such for all the people, no matter what religion, ethnicity or nationality you belong.

If I ever move to Middle East, I know that I will have to abide Sharia Law, there is no questioning that and there is no forcing my way, just because I do not believe in Sharia Law. Nobody cares.

P.S.

USA is pretty specific, as it is an immigrant made country, just like Australia. France, G. Britain and Netherlands had colonies around the world, so now they are paying the price, but I live in Croatia, no colonies, no immigrant made it, so I am not that hypocritical when bashing this non-equality.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson