Holocaust denial

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2017, 04:44 AM
Holocaust denial
Just listened to a small discussion between two co workers across my desk (in the lab). Was something about poilitics. I then mentioned "this is as stupid as Sean Spicer saying that Assad was worse than Hitler. Yet we all know that Hitler gassed 6mio (partially of his own countrymen) people". One of the two guys turned to me and said matter.of.fact.style. "I doubt it was 6mio".

Me: "5mio then? Seriously?"
He: "Well, i doubt it was really an holocaust at all. Lets have a look at the protocols of the Nuremberg trials, and bla bla bla"

He then tried to keep arguing with the argument of global conspiracy and called himself a "sceptic". At this point i told him that the problem is not my political correctness, political affiliation or love of Jews, neither what is "being taught" in any school, but his standard for believing things, no matter what. If his standard is so high as to be *sceptic* about holocaust, i said, then he must be sceptic of gravitation as well, or probably the Vietnam war, since we have just as much evidence for this. He didnt like to have his (double) standard questioned. He further went along the line of "having special knowledge" and "mainstream is wrong" bla bla bla, you know the routine.

At the end i clearly told him (just to take that argument from persecution from him) that i respect his right for a stupid belief but not his bullshit belief itself. As long as i am around and he is trying to sell this irrational bullshit to others (another colleague who is sometimes influenced by this idiot), in public, i will not allow him to do this unwithspoken. I will not give credit to his bullshit by even starting a discussion about this. I flat out denied when he tried to start such an argument.
He can think and say whatever he likes, but he has to take the consequences, thats what i clearly told him.
Although public denial of holocaust is illegal here, i wont run to the police i told him, i dont give a fuck, but i will call him out for his bullshit, in front of everyone.

What i learned is: No matter if you are a studied person, no matter if you are a capable engineer, no matter if you are an all nice and reasonable person otherwise, you still can hold a shitload of irrational beliefs (i admit he is also into chemtrails n stuff, a very classic conspiracy theorist with "i have special knowledge you havent). I guess thats why the (alt) right is not entirely full of uneducated, unemployed skinheads.

Thanks to you guys (i think) i handeled this correctly. Thumbsup Would have probably been different a few years ago.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 15 users Like Deesse23's post
26-04-2017, 04:55 AM
RE: Holocaust denial
Congratulations! You are the next contestant on today's episode of

INSTABAN!

Nice knowing ya, dude. (Get 'im, Moms!)

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-04-2017, 05:18 AM
I just discovered this was rather a topic for the "conspiracy theories" part of the forum. I apologize. Blush

26-04-2017, 05:34 AM
Even Trump believes in the Holocaust, he held a pretty decent speech the other day about it all. I was surprised.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
26-04-2017, 05:46 AM
(26-04-2017 05:34 AM)Dom Wrote:  Even Trump believes in the Holocaust, he held a pretty decent speech the other day about it all. I was surprised.

No doubt written by his Rothschilds Illuminati handlers...

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
26-04-2017, 07:42 AM
Are these people fucking serious?
So a VERY well-documented genocide, with pictures, videos, story after story from survivors is still not enough proof that millions died??

But Jesus, Jesus is totally real....

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like ShadowProject's post
26-04-2017, 08:09 AM
This kind of denial is literally dangerous. Not because Jews are the only victims of oppression, but because ignoring or denying that it happened can set a future group to do the same thing to another group.

It is as bad as how America has sold "Pilgrims" as "settlers" when the truth is it was a European invasion. Andrew Jackson murdered thousands of Natives forcing them to march on "The Trail Of Tears".

This is simply conspiracy crap, but conspiracy crap that is dangerous on top of being a flat out lie. I have met survivors of WW2 Germany, on top of TONS of news reports of that time and film of the carnage. There is no way to be polite about such a dangerous conspiracy, I wouldn't be so polite about that. I would tell them BULLSHIT and FUCK YOU, it happened.

And again, not because they are Jews, but because that kind of denial leads humans to repeat that to another group. If you are denying the holocaust, you need to be put in a rubber room.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Brian37's post
26-04-2017, 08:11 AM
(26-04-2017 07:42 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Are these people fucking serious?
So a VERY well-documented genocide, with pictures, videos, story after story from survivors is still not enough proof that millions died??

But Jesus, Jesus is totally real....

Yes Go figure that one! I've known people like that. I stay away from them if I can.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
26-04-2017, 08:27 AM
(26-04-2017 04:44 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  ---- and called himself a "sceptic".

His spelling was incorrect... he obviously meant septic. He is most certainly infected with bacteria. No doubt, his brain has been effected.
Please inform him.

Thanks Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 7 users Like kim's post
26-04-2017, 08:46 AM
I second what Brian said, very much spot on. In a lot of cases of other silly beliefs, i would just have let him ramble on, who cares if he thinks the earth is flat, but there are topics that can not be let unwithspoken. Genocide is certainly one, and like Brian said, believing (or denying) such nonsense opens the door to really horrlible things and the spread of this "fake history" must be opposed!

Thank you all for your support.

[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post