Holy Ghost Bumps

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2012, 05:37 AM
Holy Ghost Bumps
There are times that somebody says something so hilariously crazy that you just have to share. This is one of those times.

There is this girl who I had 'dated' for awhile before meeting my wife. After me and my wife split I decided to get back in touch with this girl. Well it turns out she really has found god. She has become one of the speaking in tongues types who has 'real' conversations with god and the holy ghost throughout the day and has some of the most insane status updates on FB. Today she starts her long jumbled discussion about talking to the holy ghost and all that. Then she says 'what really gave me the holy ghost bumps....' and I just had to share.

So now everybody time I get goosebumps I shall call them the holy ghost bumps.

Oh, I figured I would give you a quick snippet of the type of stuff she comes up with. Normally I would delete her and call her bat shit crazy....but its humorous.

"so i've been getting hives on my face and my neck the last couple of days. i've been praying and speaking life to my body. calling it into alignment with the father. speaking cleansing of allergens and yadiyada. i was in the bathroom and i was getting hives on my neck really bad and they were itching like crazy and i was praying and checking it out and i was like WHY ISNT THIS WORKING! and the Holy Spirit said 'we walk by faith not by sight' and i was like. ok.then i was looking in the mirror and i saw myself without hives and redness and itching. in the spirit realm it was already done. i saw in the real mirror what my flesh and the world was doing. and i saw with my spiritual eyes what was really going on.what am i having faith in. what am i walking by.i started saying it aloud.. you Lord. that you have done it.that it is finished. that it is your will for me to walk in perfect wholness. for my body to work together perfectly. and guess what. they went away. we walk by faith and not by sight. 2 corinthians 5.. interesting it says 'whether we are at home in the body or away from it' at home.. hmm... at home.. hehe. shabba! just aliens i say. just aliens and strangers in the world."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like riseinside's post
29-10-2012, 06:12 AM
RE: Holy Ghost Bumps
Yep, batshit crazy just about covers it.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
Find all posts by this user
29-10-2012, 06:30 AM
(29-10-2012 05:37 AM)riseinside Wrote:  "i saw in the real mirror what my flesh and the world was doing. and i saw with my spiritual eyes what was really going on"

Holy Ghost bumps! So that's why me and the world don't see eye to eye about what I see when I look into a mirror... that sure explains a lot...

While it's not particularly religious, some of dumbest crap I've ever seen has been in the Daily Kitten Chatroom (I only go there when I need a mental enema, but usually don't last long - it's too much for a normal person to handle). There's one creature in particular, who is filled with so much hate and stupidity, it makes me want to puke... one of their favourite thing to say when someone is whining (and they do this all the time) is to say "we are sending white light and prayers your way" Weeping

Every time I go there, I lose a bit of my faith in humanity No

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
29-10-2012, 06:31 AM
(29-10-2012 06:12 AM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  Yep, batshit crazy just about covers it.

Its almost become a morning tradition. Like reading the Onion in the morning. Only this is really happening....
29-10-2012, 06:38 AM
I question this persons mental faculties and the stability of said.

Here if people talked like that they'd probably be getting concerned calls and messages from family members. Perhaps a family/State sponsored trip to the Funny Farm of happy pills and funny jackets.

Watch yourself.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
29-10-2012, 09:16 AM
You guys ever seen "The Mist"?

OP's ex had that guy stabbed in the end.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
29-10-2012, 09:23 AM
I've met many like this. Drove me crazy even in my fundie days. I think it's a type of auto brainwashing to convince yourself it's all real.
29-10-2012, 11:45 AM
(29-10-2012 09:23 AM)sandman Wrote:  I've met many like this. Drove me crazy even in my fundie days. I think it's a type of auto brainwashing to convince yourself it's all real.

I went to church growing up and even wanted to become a pastor. Never did I see behavior like this to be normal though. Always seemed a bit too extreme.
29-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Makes you wonder why there are any fat, or bald, or cancer-ridden Christians. Just scream non-sense and it all goes away. Sounds reasonable...

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
29-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Sounds like somebody had a fantastic acid trip.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post