Holy Pharmaceuticals Batman!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2016, 04:17 PM
RE: Holy Pharmaceuticals Batman!
(09-01-2016 04:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 03:03 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I pay that much to have insurance. Thanks Obama.
I will pay $5000/year on premiums this year and my employer covers the other 75% to bring it to $20000/year. It has been this way for the 30 years I have worked for this employer. The only effect the ACA has had on me is that my kids are covered until they are 26 instead of 22 and it doesn't require proof of enrollment at an accredited university.
What did you pay before Obamacare?

$230 a month.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2016, 04:37 PM
(09-01-2016 04:17 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 04:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I will pay $5000/year on premiums this year and my employer covers the other 75% to bring it to $20000/year. It has been this way for the 30 years I have worked for this employer. The only effect the ACA has had on me is that my kids are covered until they are 26 instead of 22 and it doesn't require proof of enrollment at an accredited university.
What did you pay before Obamacare?

$230 a month.

Did your employer cover the other 75% like mine? If not what kind of coverage did you have for $230/month? Complete waste of money would be my bet. Like an extended warranty on a Hyundai with a 100,000 mile 10 year warranty.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
09-01-2016, 04:40 PM
(09-01-2016 04:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 04:17 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  $230 a month.

Did your employer cover the other 75% like mine? If not what kind of coverage did you have for $230/month? Complete waste of money would be my bet. Like an extended warranty on a Hyundai.

I am my own employer so I bought my own policy through Humana. I had a high deductible, but I never go to the doctor and I'm relatively young. My prescription plan was fine and I got free preventative things such as flu shots, etc. It was great, now I get less and pay five times more.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
09-01-2016, 05:15 PM
(09-01-2016 04:40 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I had a high deductible, but I never go to the doctor and I'm relatively young.

How long you think you think you're gonna be "relatively young"?

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-01-2016, 05:21 PM
(09-01-2016 04:40 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 04:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Did your employer cover the other 75% like mine? If not what kind of coverage did you have for $230/month? Complete waste of money would be my bet. Like an extended warranty on a Hyundai.

I am my own employer so I bought my own policy through Humana. I had a high deductible, but I never go to the doctor and I'm relatively young. My prescription plan was fine and I got free preventative things such as flu shots, etc. It was great, now I get less and pay five times more.

Could you please enumerate what you get less now? Preventive medicine you point out is free under the ACA. No copay.

#sigh
09-01-2016, 05:24 PM
(09-01-2016 05:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 04:40 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I had a high deductible, but I never go to the doctor and I'm relatively young.

How long you think you think you're gonna be "relatively young"?

It makes zero difference. The amount of money I would pay in premiums would total what the reduction in deductible is, so I save what little money I can by having a higher deductible.

It's horrible. I'm all for Obama, but Obamacare hurts me terribly.

----
09-01-2016, 05:26 PM
(09-01-2016 05:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 04:40 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I am my own employer so I bought my own policy through Humana. I had a high deductible, but I never go to the doctor and I'm relatively young. My prescription plan was fine and I got free preventative things such as flu shots, etc. It was great, now I get less and pay five times more.

Could you please enumerate what you get less now? Preventive medicine you point out is free under the ACA. No copay.

The plan I had before had more options and smaller copay. Even if all things were equal, I pay nearly 500% more.

----
09-01-2016, 05:27 PM
(09-01-2016 05:24 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 05:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  How long you think you think you're gonna be "relatively young"?

It makes zero difference. The amount of money I would pay in premiums would total what the reduction in deductible is, so I save what little money I can by having a higher deductible.

It's horrible. I'm all for Obama, but Obamacare hurts me terribly.

Like I said, the only difference the ACA has made to me and mine is the progeny are covered to 26 yo. The ACA should mimic the FEHB.

#sigh
09-01-2016, 05:31 PM
Crushed me. I'm hoping for something better that makes sense.

----
09-01-2016, 05:39 PM
Guess I don't get why some are so high.

When I had insurance with work I paid $86 off of every paycheck every other week, my company picked up the rest both totaled about $435 a month. ACA offered me the same coverage for $455 a month ($5460, yearly).

Is your coverage at 20k for a family of 4 or more?

That's a terrible amount to have to pay on insurance anywhere. Shocking

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]