Holy Pharmaceuticals Batman!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2016, 05:52 PM
RE: Holy Pharmaceuticals Batman!
(09-01-2016 05:31 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Crushed me. I'm hoping for something better that makes sense.

You yet live.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2016, 06:20 PM
(09-01-2016 05:39 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Guess I don't get why some are so high.

When I had insurance with work I paid $86 off of every paycheck every other week, my company picked up the rest both totaled about $435 a month. ACA offered me the same coverage for $455 a month ($5460, yearly).

Is your coverage at 20k for a family of 4 or more?

That's a terrible amount to have to pay on insurance anywhere. Shocking

Did you qualify for subsidies? I don't pay $20K, btw, it's almost $900 a month. I used to pay $230.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-01-2016, 06:21 PM
(09-01-2016 05:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 05:31 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Crushed me. I'm hoping for something better that makes sense.

You yet live.

Did you mean Yet you live? Not sure what kind of outlook that is, but merely living doesn't equate the necessity to get the shaft.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
09-01-2016, 06:25 PM
(09-01-2016 06:20 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 05:39 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Guess I don't get why some are so high.

When I had insurance with work I paid $86 off of every paycheck every other week, my company picked up the rest both totaled about $435 a month. ACA offered me the same coverage for $455 a month ($5460, yearly).

Is your coverage at 20k for a family of 4 or more?

That's a terrible amount to have to pay on insurance anywhere. Shocking

Did you qualify for subsidies? I don't pay $20K, btw, it's almost $900 a month. I used to pay $230.

I don't know. I just filled out the info and it gave me the quote of $455 a month. I don't understand what it's based on, salary, physical condition, age?

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
09-01-2016, 06:32 PM
Good luck Girly. Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-01-2016, 06:59 PM
I've got diabetes and ulcerative colitis. I'm on medicare but I think my wife [also on medicare] and I pay about $800 a month for supplemental insurance and drug coverage. I have no idea what my co-pay for my insulin is but it's not much, less than $100 a month. However, my Simponi for my U.C. varies from $200 to $400 a month. When I fall in the do-nut hole, it's $400 and it stays there for the better part of a year.

The democrats sent me their usual request for money under Nancy Pelosi's letterhead and in the request Pelosi stated that we were so lucky because Obama got rid of the infamous "do-nut hole" on prescription drugs. Needless to say, I didn't send those lyin' cocksuckers any money this year because the do-nut hole does still exist. I do not like any politicians, including Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton and I really hate the Republicans. They can all get fucked.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
09-01-2016, 07:02 PM
(09-01-2016 06:59 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I've got diabetes and ulcerative colitis. I'm on medicare but I think my wife [also on medicare] and I pay about $800 a month for supplemental insurance and drug coverage. I have no idea what my co-pay for my insulin is but it's not much, less than $100 a month. However, my Simponi for my U.C. varies from $200 to $400 a month. When I fall in the do-nut hole, it's $400 and it stays there for the better part of a year.

The democrats sent me their usual request for money under Nancy Pelosi's letterhead and in the request Pelosi stated that we were so lucky because Obama got rid of the infamous "do-nut hole" on prescription drugs. Needless to say, I didn't send those lyin' cocksuckers any money this year because the do-nut hole does still exist. I do not like any politicians, including Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton and I really hate the Republicans. They can all get fucked.

Sad to hear this.

So happy I am not American.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-01-2016, 07:05 PM
Glad your new meds are doing the job, Girly!

It's scary to see what the companies charge those without insurance. You don't want to get me started on the way insurance companies have skyrocketed the cost of healthcare. I haven't been to a doctor in almost 10 years because I can't afford to know if I need medication--all of our health dollars go to my husband and son. We get health insurance that costs us $800+/month in premiums through my husband's Fortune 500 company.

Since Obamacare our premiums have gone up, but they were going up before Obamacare, too. What has gone down is more important to us: my son's psych meds cost a little less, and after Obamacare our insurance plan is not allowed to treat hospitalizations because of mental illness differently than hospitalizations for physical illness. That's big for us. Before Obamacare, our health insurance had no cap on the copays for mental health treatments, so if our son had had a psychotic break requiring hospitalization (and at times he came close)…there would go the house, there would go every thing.
09-01-2016, 07:58 PM
(09-01-2016 06:25 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 06:20 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Did you qualify for subsidies? I don't pay $20K, btw, it's almost $900 a month. I used to pay $230.

I don't know. I just filled out the info and it gave me the quote of $455 a month. I don't understand what it's based on, salary, physical condition, age?

It's based on how much you make. I don't qualify for any subsidies, I pay full price.

----
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
09-01-2016, 08:39 PM
(09-01-2016 07:58 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 06:25 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I don't know. I just filled out the info and it gave me the quote of $455 a month. I don't understand what it's based on, salary, physical condition, age?

It's based on how much you make. I don't qualify for any subsidies, I pay full price.

Well, that could be it then. I'm in a lower middle income bracket. Sad

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post