Holy Shit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2013, 04:10 PM
RE: Holy Shit
(06-03-2013 09:58 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  PLEASE read this article. PLEASE actually think about it. PLEASE....DO SOMETHING!!

http://thecontraryfarmer.wordpress.com/2...-medicine/

Why did I read this so soon after lunch? Seriously do you save your shit?

When tears are in your eyes and you can't find the way
It's hard to make believe you're happy when you're gray
Baby, when you're feelin' like you'll never see the mornin' light
Come to me..Baby, you'll see -- The Four Seasons

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Who would make chemical fertiliser when there's plenty of natural fertiliser? <Monsanto cough cough Monsanto cough cough cough <blows out anus coughing and shits in his garden> Monsanto cough cough cough>

There's an excellent book called Solviva. A woman in Martha's Vinyard made all kinds of crazy renewable energy things (like a totally off the grid house and greenhouse). She made vermicompost toilets that demolished all the poo she could throw at them and a greywater filter that could turn shit water into a crisp clean beverage! Of course, she got shut right the fuck down, right fucking quick.

Part of the reason I'm a vegan is because of the shit issue. Hogs produce 10 TIMES the feces as humans and there's MILLIONS of them!

Pisses me off.

GO VEGAN AND STOP THE PIG SHIT MADNESS!!!

That shit transplant stuff is awesome. Stomach churning, but awesome. I had a giardia infection a few years ago. If someone had given me a tube of shit to cram into my corn hole, I'd have done it happily!

For real though, the whole ANOXIC water thing is going to kill us dead.

Anyone that says the march of industry can never be curbed, not even for a moment, can get my shit shoved up their nose!

Contrary Farmer, eh, Stark? I remember that a wise man once recommended that to me Cool

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
06-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Holy Shit
(06-03-2013 10:28 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Sorry, the rest of the article was lost on me after the part about transplanting someone else's shit into a person's body through their NOSE...

OK, yeah, we should recycle manure. But, really, through the nose? No better way?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasogastric_intubation

If they were just using a tube to cram shit in your nose until it pushed all the way to your colon, sure, I'd sue. The stuff remains within the confines of plastic until it reaches the colon.

But yeah...and not just shit...someone else's...

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
06-03-2013, 07:17 PM
You guys are so squeamish. I'm actually surprised. Buncha Nancy's. Lol.

Momnboys,

No, i don't save my own poo....yet. Not as simple as just tossing shit on the garden. But once it's properly composted, even pathogens in peoplepoo are killed. I do plan to get something in place within the next year or two though. Still a few things ahead of composting humanure on the list.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
06-03-2013, 07:23 PM
(06-03-2013 04:44 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Who would make chemical fertiliser when there's plenty of natural fertiliser? Monsanto cough cough cough>

There's an excellent book called Solviva. A woman in Martha's Vinyard made all kinds of crazy renewable energy things (like a totally off the grid house and greenhouse). She made vermicompost toilets that demolished all the poo she could throw at them and a greywater filter that could turn shit water into a crisp clean beverage! Of course, she got shut right the fuck down, right fucking quick.

Part of the reason I'm a vegan is because of the shit issue. Hogs produce 10 TIMES the feces as humans and there's MILLIONS of them!

Pisses me off.

That shit transplant stuff is awesome. Stomach churning, but awesome. I had a giardia infection a few years ago. If someone had given me a tube of shit to cram into my corn hole, I'd have done it happily!

Anyone that says the march of industry can never be curbed, not even for a moment, can get my shit shoved up their nose!

Contrary Farmer, eh, Stark? I remember that a wise man once recommended that to me Cool

Matt

Did you ever get around to reading that book Matt?

And just going on record.......pigs create huge amounts of poo because we feed them grains. Grains are not pig food. Pigs forage. A foraging pig produces manure that rivals rabbit and chicken poo in terms of a quality fertilizer/soil amendment. But when we give pigs a diet like grains, that their digestive systems aren't evolved to cope with, they literally "waste" half the food we feed them because they can't digest it. Hence the huge quantities of (unnessecary) poo that come from hog farms.

.....but I'm just sayin.

06-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Hmm... sounds interestingly yucky. Unless I had a problem.... a really fucking serious problem... I don't see that I would want to make it a habit of replacing my poo with someone else's poo. I'm just that way. Dodgy

Besides, I already have a bunch of bacteria in my guts from the yogurts I eat.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
06-03-2013, 08:02 PM
(06-03-2013 07:23 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(06-03-2013 04:44 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Who would make chemical fertiliser when there's plenty of natural fertiliser? Monsanto cough cough cough>

Pisses me off.

Matt

Did you ever get around to reading that book Matt?

And just going on record.......pigs create huge amounts of poo because we feed them grains. Grains are not pig food. Pigs forage. A foraging pig produces manure that rivals rabbit and chicken poo in terms of a quality fertilizer/soil amendment. But when we give pigs a diet like grains, that their digestive systems aren't evolved to cope with, they literally "waste" half the food we feed them because they can't digest it. Hence the huge quantities of (unnessecary) poo that come from hog farms.

.....but I'm just sayin.

Very true, the same actually goes for dogs and cats. That's one of the reasons the "raw" or "BARF" diet for pets caught on so much - their shit is small and doesn't stink when they are fed what they evolved to eat.
Stands to reason people's would also if we ate what the hunters and gatherers ate for most of our evolutionary time...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Holy Shit
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimchi

I love me some kimchi. I recall reading somewhere that it can promote healthy gut flora. Searching "kimchi gut flora" seems to generate plenty of hits.

After reading your article I plan to increase my kimchi intake as a preventive measure and hopefully avoid having to go through that procedure.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
06-03-2013, 09:45 PM
(06-03-2013 07:17 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  You guys are so squeamish. I'm actually surprised. Buncha Nancy's. Lol.

Momnboys,

No, i don't save my own poo....yet. Not as simple as just tossing shit on the garden. But once it's properly composted, even pathogens in peoplepoo are killed. I do plan to get something in place within the next year or two though. Still a few things ahead of composting humanure on the list.

On my. I don't know what to think about that...
There's a reason, I don't garden. Sure I used to dream of being Laura Ingalls when I was little girl...but then the thought of outhouses bothered me...

When tears are in your eyes and you can't find the way
It's hard to make believe you're happy when you're gray
Baby, when you're feelin' like you'll never see the mornin' light
Come to me..Baby, you'll see -- The Four Seasons

06-03-2013, 11:36 PM
(06-03-2013 09:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-03-2013 07:17 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  You guys are so squeamish. I'm actually surprised. Buncha Nancy's. Lol.

Momnboys,

On my. I don't know what to think about that...
There's a reason, I don't garden. Sure I used to dream of being Laura Ingalls when I was little girl...but then the thought of outhouses bothered me...
Lol, no outhouses here either. Quite the opposite. I am Of the firm belief that the washroom should be a well appointed, warm, comfortable place. It should be a place you hesitate to leave, and you should feel clean and refreshed when you do.