Holy crap, I suddenly feel sad

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Holy crap, I suddenly feel sad
Hey guys.

For a while, I haven't felt great, a bit down, not really a fan of everything I had to do for school etc.

But lately (past 1-2 weeks) I have been feeling complete despair and loneliness, and because it's late a wave of sadness just hit me again.

I do have friends, although I am alone a lot of the time. And, ironically, hanging out with friends sparked the very recent sadness of yesterday and today.
Yesterday I went to see a movie with some friends. Be warned, this story is going to be a bit strange I guess. 3 guys, 1 of whom was a friend of mine, and that guy's girlfriend. His girlfriend is the nicest person you'll find on this planet, seriously, and she's rather good-looking too. Quite an achievement by my friend, getting into a relationship with her.

Anyway, I had seen everyone at least 1 time before, and the girl, who is very social and touchy-feely, noticed that I was quite an introverted person who wasn't used to much contact the first time I met her. So this time, she said she was going to hug me, which she pretty much did with everyone. So she focused on touching me extra, like it was her mission to get me used to social interaction and stuff, which wasn't unpleasant. When we cycled to the movies I talked to her a bit, and after she made a joke about her boyfriend being gay because he ditched her to cycle next to another guy (lol) she asked if I was straight (again, lol). I said yeah, and she said that she thought I was a nice person, smart, not unattractive, all these things to kind of raise my self esteem/be nice/get me to smile.

It was a very fun evening in general, had fun with everyone. A group of 5 people I know is managable for a social amateur. The girl made me kind of feel good about myself, just because she showed genuine interest, was nice, and if I'm honest, the hugs were a nice bonus.

Then I got home at night, stayed up for 1-2 more hours and realised: I have no one who appreciates me like that. My parents are nice, but they have no way of understanding me, as hard as they might try. I felt really lonely, and I stayed inside all day today as well. I did play some video games over skype with the guy I mentioned (the girl's boyfriend). But I don't have a girlfriend. I don't have anyone I'm really close to. I only have some people I hang out with and talk to occasionally.

Didn't feel good...

I understand if not a lot of people read this completely, but thank you to those that did. Just needed this out there somewhere.

[Image: godtroll.php]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2013, 08:26 PM
RE: Holy crap, I suddenly feel sad
I kind of know how you feel dude, I am a very lonely person but when I do have a good social interaction with someone I am left feeling depressed thinking that I am missing that as a regular part of my life like other have. If you don't have social anxiety I suggest you attempt to meet as many people as possible as its a number game really. The more people you approach the more you will get to know and the more you will be friends with and the more likely you will find people who you connect deeply with. Its hard though, I don't do it.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
23-11-2013, 08:26 PM
(23-11-2013 07:45 PM)NL Atheist Wrote:  ...
But I don't have a girlfriend. I don't have anyone I'm really close to.

But you will, my son, you will.

Hath patience sayeth someone or other.

Yes

23-11-2013, 10:08 PM
I know where your coming from. That has been me most of my life. And I'm just now starting to be more comfortable being social. My girlfriend, still not sure how it happened, it just did (lol) has helped me come out a bit more. I'm still very much to myself, and have trouble even talking to her at times, because I am still very new to being social, it's kinda awkward since she is very social. Being alone is hard. To be appreciated, all you really have to do is find more people who understand you, or want to. Playing video games has always been my exit to feeling lonely. I guess to try and ignore that feeling, you just need to find something that takes ur mind off things. Hope you feel better man. <(•.•)>
24-11-2013, 05:40 AM
Thanks guys, it's good to get it off my chest.

[Image: godtroll.php]
26-11-2013, 09:16 PM
This isn't far fetched. Do you live in the northern half of the US or Canada? If so, you could be suffering SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder from inadequate amounts of bright sunlight. I would become sad, morose, listless, not interest only this year I was loaned a proper light (no blue spectrum) and I feel like a new person.