Holy foreskin!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2016, 06:16 PM
RE: Holy foreskin!
(03-08-2016 02:29 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  One of my favorite topics. I have written about this extensively here.

Basically, after he was circumcised. Jesus's foreskin landed in the hands of a Hebrew nurse, who placed it in an alabaster jar of spikenard and passed it on to her son. The son, an apothecary, sold it to Mary Magdalene, who used the perfume to anoint Jesus's feet.

The foreskin was then lost for a while, before being delivered to the emperor Charlemagne by an angel. He gave it to Pope Leo as a present. The pope dickered with it before it finally found a resting place In Calcata, Italy. It was stolen in 1983 (supposedly by the Vatican itself, to prevent further worship of the object).

Doc

If one hasta worship something it may as well be that!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2016, 06:42 PM
(03-08-2016 02:29 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  One of my favorite topics. I have written about this extensively here.

Basically, after he was circumcised. Jesus's foreskin landed in the hands of a Hebrew nurse, who placed it in an alabaster jar of spikenard and passed it on to her son. The son, an apothecary, sold it to Mary Magdalene, who used the perfume to anoint Jesus's feet.

The foreskin was then lost for a while, before being delivered to the emperor Charlemagne by an angel. He gave it to Pope Leo as a present. The pope dickered with it before it finally found a resting place In Calcata, Italy. It was stolen in 1983 (supposedly by the Vatican itself, to prevent further worship of the object).

Doc

Weren't there like 12 supposedly in existence, at the same time? Rolleyes

04-08-2016, 06:02 AM

Doc

Eau de prepuce? Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-08-2016, 06:08 AM
(03-08-2016 06:42 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Weren't there like 12 supposedly in existence, at the same time? Rolleyes

At one time, there were 18 foreskins, more or less simultaneously, in existence. No doubt this was because one of the miraculous properties of this marvelous relic was the ability to reproduce itself. Of course, another explanation may have been that Jesus was well-endowed as a child.

(03-08-2016 05:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why do all my skeptical hairs stand on end when I read that? Consider

Chas, Chas, Chas, would I deceive you so? Nevertheless, to keep your well-groomed coiffure in place, check out the Arabic Infancy Gospel here. I especially draw your attention to paragraph 5. Therefore, do not doubt, but only believe and may God's piece be upon your head.

Doc
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
04-08-2016, 06:23 AM
(03-08-2016 06:14 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(02-08-2016 06:27 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  I STILL do not comprehend the obsession of the Abrahamic religion with foreskins.

Whenever I read any thing I put in the word foreskin whenever I run across a word with fore in it, whether it is forearm, forehead forward or whatever. KInda a fun game for me.

I used to change "buckskin", and that got me in trouble more than once. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
06-08-2016, 09:11 PM
(04-08-2016 06:02 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

Doc

Eau de prepuce? Sadcryface

Yes. Coincidentally, that was exactly what Mary Magdalene said when she looked into the alabaster jar.

Doc
[+] 3 users Like docskeptic's post
07-08-2016, 05:35 AM
(04-08-2016 06:08 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  Chas, Chas, Chas, would I deceive you so? Nevertheless, to keep your well-groomed coiffure in place, check out the Arabic Infancy Gospel here. I especially draw your attention to paragraph 5. Therefore, do not doubt, but only believe and may God's piece be upon your head.

Doc

Tongue

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-08-2016, 05:39 AM
jesus is probably going to want that back when he returns.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
07-08-2016, 02:36 PM
Wait wouldn't that mean according to Christianity they mutilated god ?

Fuck this guy sicks bears on a bunch of kids for touting a profit
Kills a guy for not blowing his load in his dead brothers wife
But nothing for chopping off His foreskin god has some weird tolerances

[Image: giphy.gif]