Holy migraine batman

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Holy migraine batman
I took 3 exedrine migraine 2 hours ago and I have been wishing for death ever since. I find myself resorting to prayer, please god just let me die. Anyone know how to stop the pain?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2013, 06:46 PM
RE: Holy migraine batman
If the pain is that bad, going to a hospital might be the right choice.

My dad has migraines constantly and I have them monthly and I know it's hell.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
07-12-2013, 06:59 PM
I don't know if this actually works, but I've heard cupping your hand over your nose and mouth while taking deep breaths helps relieve some pain.

Otherwise, if it is really bad enough, yes go to the hospital just in case Hug
07-12-2013, 07:01 PM
You're talking to somebody who's on a prescription for headaches so I'm not sure what to tell you. Maybe go Lie down in a dark room.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2013, 09:47 AM
Well I survived. I think I'll have to talk to my doctor about some kind of preventative treatment. This is happening more and more often. I get this headaches that are completely unbearable and I can hardly function let alone take care of my kids. How horribly unhealthy would it be if I just started taking an exedrine every morning or something?

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
08-12-2013, 09:55 AM
My daughter and I both get migraines.

there are some common triggers for people who have migraines.

dehydration is the most common. if you feel one coming on try drinking a couple large glasses of water. a small gatorade can help too.

aspartame and other additives like food dyes and flavors can trigger migraines in some people.

as well as cheeses, chocolates, too much sugar.

withdrawal from cigarettes or caffeine (and other things) can do it too.

our treatment plan: chug water or gatorade, ice pack to the back of the skull, ice pack to the forehead, excedrin or ibuprofen, cold, quiet, dark room, no noise, no movement.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
08-12-2013, 10:02 AM
That sounds like fucking torture. I've never had one so I have no idea. But I really feel bad for you guys, that just really sucks. I don't even like slight headaches, let alone crippling headaches. Hugs goin' out for ya.

Hug Hug Hug

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
08-12-2013, 10:23 AM
(08-12-2013 10:02 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  That sounds like fucking torture. I've never had one so I have no idea. But I really feel bad for you guys, that just really sucks. I don't even like slight headaches, let alone crippling headaches. Hugs goin' out for ya.

Hug Hug Hug

Thanks, love.
08-12-2013, 01:01 PM
I get migraines just like that (where your skull feels like its about to burst open and you need to be sick but the light and sound of getting to the bathroom might kill you before you get there)

For me, all I can do is take meds and wait (I can't take the prescription for migraines cause I did that the first time in highschool and my migraine just got worse,so yeah...no thanks).

One thing that "helps" (I'm not sure if it actually does but it makes me feel better so thats all that matters) is when I lay down with the migraine I lay on my side with my head pressed between my arms (Not sure how to explain it exactly...) anyway the pressure on my head -seems- to take a bit of the sting off as long as I don't move -at all-

Lol My boyfriend has come home a few times and found me in this pose in the dark "I knew not to bother you in that headache position"

Anyway sorry for rambling. I just totally understand. I'm glad you made it through. Smile

The Out Crowd.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
08-12-2013, 01:04 PM
(08-12-2013 09:55 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  My daughter and I both get migraines.

there are some common triggers for people who have migraines.

dehydration is the most common. if you feel one coming on try drinking a couple large glasses of water. a small gatorade can help too.

aspartame and other additives like food dyes and flavors can trigger migraines in some people.

as well as cheeses, chocolates, too much sugar.

withdrawal from cigarettes or caffeine (and other things) can do it too.

our treatment plan: chug water or gatorade, ice pack to the back of the skull, ice pack to the forehead, excedrin or ibuprofen, cold, quiet, dark room, no noise, no movement.

Oh Bows, for me my triggers are strong smells (The laundry isle at the grocery store for example) Stress, caffeine withdrawals and being around the smell of cigarette smokes is a big trigger.

The Out Crowd.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post