Holy migraine batman

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2013, 03:35 PM
RE: Holy migraine batman
I get some really show stoppers myself. I found a wee bit of coffee can help on top of a large helping of water. Sometimes a sinus tab helps too, if you have some issues there.

Hope you're feeling better Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Migraines are just torture, I'm just thankful not to live when my mum was a girl and they were dismissed as looking for attention. I find the best way to deal with it is a dark room, an oil burner, and when you feel up to it, some toast and a cup of tea or not-too-sweet hot chocolate. And i'm not sure how it is for others, but I never start feeling better until i've been sick. it's like a pressure valve. Unfortunately, they're the kind of things you just have to ride out as best you can.
10-12-2013, 07:49 AM
We had a friend that used to get killer migrains and what helped her was to be in a dark quiet room and a few hits of marijuana.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not advocating illegal drugs use, but if its legal to get a perscription for it or legal where you live, it will help.
10-12-2013, 07:56 AM
Woke up with headache (not the migraine sort tho). I use Excedrin to zap mine. Only advice I have is GO TO THE DOCTOR!! And get to the root of what makes your headaches so bad. There are remedies but you have to find out what's causing them.
Meanwhile - I am So so sorry your head hurts. It totally sucks! Sadcryface2 I've had migraines my whole life and understand that "wishing for death" more than you know.

"Presumably man with hair on fire can be used to cook eggs and bacon..."MorondogLaugh out load
10-12-2013, 08:39 AM
(09-12-2013 03:55 PM)Yasmin Wrote:  Migraines are just torture, I'm just thankful not to live when my mum was a girl and they were dismissed as looking for attention. I find the best way to deal with it is a dark room, an oil burner, and when you feel up to it, some toast and a cup of tea or not-too-sweet hot chocolate. And i'm not sure how it is for others, but I never start feeling better until i've been sick. it's like a pressure valve. Unfortunately, they're the kind of things you just have to ride out as best you can.

My 8 year old is the same way. She has been getting migraines since she was about 3. It's not over till she vomits. Then everything is perfectly fine. (Yes, we've done doctors, scans, bloodwork, etc) . Every migraine was the same for her. Wake in the middle of the night, scream and cry about head pain, vomit, go back to sleep and wake up in the morning like nothing happened. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. When she was younger it happened more frequently (2-3x week) but as she is getting older and we have learned her triggers we have it down to 1-2 every month or so. They think it is related to 'cyclical vomiting syndrome' and 'abdominal migraines'

“Happiness is not the absence of problems; it's the ability to deal with them.”
10-12-2013, 12:53 PM
(10-12-2013 08:39 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  My 8 year old is the same way. She has been getting migraines since she was about 3. It's not over till she vomits. Then everything is perfectly fine. (Yes, we've done doctors, scans, bloodwork, etc) . Every migraine was the same for her. Wake in the middle of the night, scream and cry about head pain, vomit, go back to sleep and wake up in the morning like nothing happened. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. When she was younger it happened more frequently (2-3x week) but as she is getting older and we have learned her triggers we have it down to 1-2 every month or so. They think it is related to 'cyclical vomiting syndrome' and 'abdominal migraines'
Poor love, it's hard when they start that young and can't understand the pain. I had to watch my 5 year old niece go through one and it was terrible to just watch her feeling helpless. My worst was when I was 9 years old- 17 vomits in one night without it getting better. You're right, once you start to recognise the triggers it gets better, hit it hard with some panadol and hopefully avoid it. The funny thing is, my mum is the complete opposite, while I just lie there praying to throw up, it actually makes it worse for her.
16-12-2013, 05:21 PM
I have a friend who has gotten botox for her migraines and she hasn't had one since. The botox relaxes the muscles and somehow prevents a migraine from starting. I think they give a small shot in the back of the neck.

It was discovered by doctors who were injecting botox in women for cosmetic reasons who kept telling the docs that their migraines were gone. I donno, seems to work.
16-12-2013, 05:33 PM
Past few days I've awakened with near-migraine headaches.
Headaches are just horrible. Buuuuut....... I try to remind myself that many people have to live with things Far worse.

"Presumably man with hair on fire can be used to cook eggs and bacon..."MorondogLaugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
16-12-2013, 05:35 PM
@lost

Yes, talk to your doctor.

Hug Migraines suck.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

16-12-2013, 05:55 PM
I used to get them a lot, not so much any more. My granddaughter has been getting them since she was about 2. Throwing up then sleeping nearly 24 hours straight, pretty scary to witness. The doctors have run a zillion tests on her and can't seem to find a cause. The only thing they do is give her something for nausea. She's six now and a migraine will still take her out for a whole day.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF