Holy shit they put fluoride in the water.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2011, 01:32 AM
RE: Holy shit they put fluoride in the water.
(31-08-2011 09:33 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(31-08-2011 08:54 PM)Glaucus Wrote:  Interesting, I had never heard anyone suggest putting lithium in the water.

Though, I think you'll have a harder time convincing people to put lithium in the water. Fluoride is questionable on the grounds of being "forced medication," though it doesn't deal with anything that regularly becomes life-threatening, just something that everyone must deal with. There's a surprising amount of data regarding the socio-economic value of having good teeth. T

It seems like, if I'm understanding the article, lithium effects the brain, which is a no-no for engineers or the government to touch without consent. If it has to be prescribed by the doctor then there is very little chance of it every being put in the public water supply, no matter how much benefit it may prove to have.

Funny isn't it. The general public make their decisions based on misinformation and ignorance. It's part of what makes me think our species is doomed!

The government fortifies plain white flour with vitamins. Theoretically adding lithium to drinking water would be equivalent to that. I agree with you that it wont happen. Imagine the bullshit in the media like "Mind Altering substances in water" "the government wants to brainwash the public with mood altering substances". There would be a bunch of new conspiracy theories.

Still I'm thinking mental heath problems have a greater impact on our society than having better teeth. How much impact do mental health problems have on society? Apparently supplementing with Lithium would reduce or delay many neuro-degenerative conditions like Alzheimer's Disease. In areas that naturally have lithium in the water there are less violent crimes. I'm wishing there was a way to change things for the better.

That's really interesting... I've always been in favor of making humans less aggressive... but anytime I bring it up people call me a communist or fascist... whatever.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2011, 01:38 AM

(31-08-2011 08:54 PM)Glaucus Wrote:  Interesting, I had never heard anyone suggest putting lithium in the water.

Though, I think you'll have a harder time convincing people to put lithium in the water. Fluoride is questionable on the grounds of being "forced medication," though it doesn't deal with anything that regularly becomes life-threatening, just something that everyone must deal with. There's a surprising amount of data regarding the socio-economic value of having good teeth. T

It seems like, if I'm understanding the article, lithium effects the brain, which is a no-no for engineers or the government to touch without consent. If it has to be prescribed by the doctor then there is very little chance of it every being put in the public water supply, no matter how much benefit it may prove to have.

Funny isn't it. The general public make their decisions based on misinformation and ignorance. It's part of what makes me think our species is doomed!

The government fortifies plain white flour with vitamins. Theoretically adding lithium to drinking water would be equivalent to that. I agree with you that it wont happen. Imagine the bullshit in the media like "Mind Altering substances in water" "the government wants to brainwash the public with mood altering substances". There would be a bunch of new conspiracy theories.

Still I'm thinking mental heath problems have a greater impact on our society than having better teeth. How much impact do mental health problems have on society? Apparently supplementing with Lithium would reduce or delay many neuro-degenerative conditions like Alzheimer's Disease. In areas that naturally have lithium in the water there are less violent crimes. I'm wishing there was a way to change things for the better.

I believe the ways to stop these degenerative diseases would be to remove things like msg and aspartame from the food supply, as well as mercury. These all kill brain cells.

Smile

(01-09-2011 01:32 AM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:  

That's really interesting... I've always been in favor of making humans less aggressive... but anytime I bring it up people call me a communist or fascist... whatever.

My belief is that people should be taught something similar to buddhist philosophy in school, not medicated.

Also I would outright ban violent computer games and reduce violence in movies.

As well as cutting certain foods out of the food supply.

Did you know that there is a correlation between hypoglycaemia and violent prisoners.

Yea Dr Russell Blaycock has the papers on it, diet seems to be very key.

But I see where an atheist would be looking at this problem from, and I don't mean to be condescending, but I believe we are the consciousness, not the body. And that the consciousness without hindrance of the ego is only good.

hence, teach people that true happiness is only obtainable by looking within yourself.

There is a quote by Jim Carrey.

"I hope everybody could get rich and famous and will have everything they ever dreamed of, so they will know that its not the answer."
— Jim Carrey

He's apparently very found of Eckhart Tolle.

Anyway back onto Fluoride....
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2011, 02:18 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2011 02:29 AM by DeepThought.)
@joeontheland
MSG and Aspartame do not cause neurodegenerative diseases, since glutamate naturally exists in mushrooms, seaweed and Parmesan cheese. Mercury comes from eating too much fish (the ones higher up in the food chain like sharks, salmon and tuna.) Animals higher up in the food chain have problems with accumulating mercury, and humans are pretty high up there.
Aspartame may cause other health problems in high doses but making people stupid - not so much...

It could be argued that Lithium in low doses is a dietary supplement, not medication since it has such strong neuroprotective effects.

The mind over matter philosophy only gets you so far... About as far as the placebo effect, and although meditation is good for you most people don't bother and want a quick easy fix. It's like telling people to exercise more because the health benefits are proven... See how much difference that makes.

-- my take on the fluoride ---
There is no evidence that fluoride makes people dumber. I tried searching for information on the subject and the results in Google are alarming.. The top results are conspiracy websites like "Alex Jones - Hidden Agendas", "What the doctors don't tell you", and theforbiddenknowledge.com websites. cmon.... Seriously where is the science?
I'm not willing to wade through all this baseless fear mongering propaganda bullshit. If your worried you can buy yourself a water filter and be done with it. No one is forcing it on you.
Rolleyes

There are many fluoride containing compounds, and here I'm talking about the compounds used in the water supply. Not the known toxic forms.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
01-09-2011, 06:43 AM

(01-09-2011 02:18 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  @joeontheland
MSG and Aspartame do not cause neurodegenerative diseases, since glutamate naturally exists in mushrooms, seaweed and Parmesan cheese. Mercury comes from eating too much fish (the ones higher up in the food chain like sharks, salmon and tuna.) Animals higher up in the food chain have problems with accumulating mercury, and humans are pretty high up there.
Aspartame may cause other health problems in high doses but making people stupid - not so much...

It could be argued that Lithium in low doses is a dietary supplement, not medication since it has such strong neuroprotective effects.

The mind over matter philosophy only gets you so far... About as far as the placebo effect, and although meditation is good for you most people don't bother and want a quick easy fix. It's like telling people to exercise more because the health benefits are proven... See how much difference that makes.

-- my take on the fluoride ---
There is no evidence that fluoride makes people dumber. I tried searching for information on the subject and the results in Google are alarming.. The top results are conspiracy websites like "Alex Jones - Hidden Agendas", "What the doctors don't tell you", and theforbiddenknowledge.com websites. cmon.... Seriously where is the science?
I'm not willing to wade through all this baseless fear mongering propaganda bullshit. If your worried you can buy yourself a water filter and be done with it. No one is forcing it on you.
Rolleyes

There are many fluoride containing compounds, and here I'm talking about the compounds used in the water supply. Not the known toxic forms.

Interesting article from Dr Russell Blaycock, maybe we can discuss it Deepthought? It actually counter acts your statement that these things don't cause neurodegenerative diseases, and explains how glutamate found in these natural things like mushrooms are part of a collection of amino-acids and this makes all the difference. Please read this I would love to know if you at least change your stance slightly
http://www.naturalnews.com/020550.html
01-09-2011, 07:42 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2011 08:10 AM by DeepThought.)

It's getting late here - but the fact this guy appeared on the Alex Jones channel is not a good sign. It's 3/4 of the way to completely destroying any credibility he might have.

I will read through and see how many holes are in the boat tomorrow.

Apparently this 'doctor' is against vaccines? Alarm bells are ringing... Lets see where this leads.

So far it's interesting - the guy knows a few basics but fails to provide evidence. One example is how he links MSG/Glutamate to excitotoxicity and obesity. He chose his battles carefully - where nothing can be proven.

Sleep time for me.

01-09-2011, 08:00 AM

(01-09-2011 07:42 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  

It's getting late here - but the fact this guy appeared on the Alex Jones channel is not a good sign. It's 3/4 of the way to completely destroying any credibility he might have.

I will read through and see how many holes are in the boat tomorrow.

Apparently this 'doctor' is against vaccines? Alarm bells are ringing... Lets see where this leads.

It would be interesting if we could ignore the stigma attached to Alex Jones and try prove or disprove the facts that Dr Blaycock has talked about.
01-09-2011, 08:11 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2011 08:14 AM by DeepThought.)
(01-09-2011 08:00 AM)joeontheland Wrote:  It would be interesting if we could ignore the stigma attached to Alex Jones and try prove or disprove the facts that Dr Blaycock has talked about.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse I find this entry in the skeptics dictionary: http://www.skepdic.com/blaylock.html
Skeptics Dictionary - Blaylock Wrote:Blaylock has retired from neurosurgery and has taken up a career opposing science-based medicine and promoting pseudoscience-based medicine and supplements that he sells under the label Brain Repair Formula. He suggests that his supplements can treat and prevent such diseases as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. He asserts that his formula "will maximize your brain’s ability to heal and reduce inflammation." The rest of the scientific community seems oblivious to these claims, which are not based on large-scale clinical trials. Blaylock also sells hope to cancer patients by encouraging them to believe he has found the secret to prevention and cure.

Looks like someones already done all the work exposing this fraudster

Really the shit that comes out of Blaylock's mouth belongs in the conspiracy theory section.

01-09-2011, 08:13 AM

(01-09-2011 08:11 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(01-09-2011 08:00 AM)joeontheland Wrote:  It would be interesting if we could ignore the stigma attached to Alex Jones and try prove or disprove the facts that Dr Blaycock has talked about.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse I find this entry in the skeptics dictionary: http://www.skepdic.com/blaylock.html
Skeptics Dictionary - Blaylock Wrote:Blaylock has retired from neurosurgery and has taken up a career opposing science-based medicine and promoting pseudoscience-based medicine and supplements that he sells under the label Brain Repair Formula. He suggests that his supplements can treat and prevent such diseases as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. He asserts that his formula "will maximize your brain’s ability to heal and reduce inflammation." The rest of the scientific community seems oblivious to these claims, which are not based on large-scale clinical trials. Blaylock also sells hope to cancer patients by encouraging them to believe he has found the secret to prevention and cure.

Looks like someones already done all the work exposing this fraudster

Here is the story of another Doctor who has cured cancer and is now facing law suits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ibsoqjPac

But again, these people are going to find this kind of backlash.. It astounds me deeply that you have dismissed Blaycock in such a casual manner.

ASTOUNDS!!

I actually feel quite sorry for the people you care for, your negligence and lack of imagination could cause all kinds of damage to them.

I struggle to remain calm with people like yourself.
01-09-2011, 08:18 AM
Good for you, believe in your miracle cure. He spouts so much rubbish it's laughable... Your awfully quick to put him on a pedestal. There is nothing wrong with skepticism, you should try it some time. Goodnight!

01-09-2011, 12:27 PM

Sorry but it is insane, I am not arrogant but I know that this is insanity.

And clearly you can't see it, is it brainwashing? maybe, but all I know it that I its seriously messed up.

Its like your living inside a bubble, the psychology is really quite incredible, and I don't fully understand it yet, and I even doubt that there is a way through it.

It would be a very interesting book to write about, maybe in my later years I will understand it better and document it.