Holy water to fend off Ransomware virus
This gotta be the stupidest thing I've seen in a long while

News Link : https://heatst.com/tech/russias-secret-w...oly-water/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheUnholy's post
20-05-2017, 09:37 PM
RE: Holy water to fend off Ransomware virus
That guard is biting his lip so he doesn't laugh.
But good to see the retractable Jebus antenna is still in use.
http://www.gifbin.com/987819
These guards are having a hard time keeping a straight face too.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
20-05-2017, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2017 09:49 PM by Vera.)
Quote:This gotta be the stupidest thing I've seen in a long while
Wanna bet? Drinking Beverage

Bulgaria: Mayor sprinkles sugar to stop road accidents

Nikolai Grozev, mayor of Nova Zagora, sprinkled 50kg of sugar on all four routes into the town, Bulgarian National Television reports. Mr Grozev says the idea was suggested by a local nursery school teacher. It comes after a week in which two policemen and two local youths were killed and five other people injured in crashes on the town's roads. "The town authorities followed the ancient tradition that sprinkling roads with sugar will banish evil omens.

(Don't think the word omen is really what the most probably Bulgarian writer was going for. You don't ward off omens, if anything, they warn you that something bad is coming. In all fairness, the Bulgarian word is equally out of place.)

Funniest thing I'd seen in a while - when the lovely Thomas Pesquet, Peggy and Oleg were getting ready to leave for the ISS, they had a similar (equally stupid, we have it in Bulgaria as well) ceremony and his face, while that thing with the dress and cross was dousing him with water and shaking huge stylised ancient torture instruments at him, was hilarious.

[Image: 3e15e55874621244cbc5f909ba3195ae.jpg]

Bucky, my dear, the Jesus antenna is the coolest thing ever! Human ingenuity at its best and most mind-numbingly pointless Big Grin

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
20-05-2017, 09:55 PM
(20-05-2017 09:42 PM)Vera Wrote:  
Quote:This gotta be the stupidest thing I've seen in a long while
Wanna bet? Drinking Beverage

Bulgaria: Mayor sprinkles sugar to stop road accidents

Nikolai Grozev, mayor of Nova Zagora, sprinkled 50kg of sugar on all four routes into the town, Bulgarian National Television reports. Mr Grozev says the idea was suggested by a local nursery school teacher. It comes after a week in which two policemen and two local youths were killed and five other people injured in crashes on the town's roads. "The town authorities followed the ancient tradition that sprinkling roads with sugar will banish evil omens.

(Don't think the word omen is really what the most probably Bulgarian writer was going for. You don't ward off omens, if anything, they warn you that something bad is coming. In all fairness, the Bulgarian word is equally out of place.)

Funniest thing I'd seen in a while - when the lovely Thomas Pesquet, Peggy and Oleg were getting ready to leave for the ISS, they had a similar (equally stupid, we have it in Bulgaria as well) ceremony and his face, while that thing with the dress and cross was dousing him with water and shaking huge stylised ancient torture instruments at him, was hilarious.

[Image: 3e15e55874621244cbc5f909ba3195ae.jpg]

Bucky, my dear, the Jesus antenna is the coolest thing ever! Human ingenuity at its best and most mind-numbingly pointless Big Grin

Why is he smelling that cross ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
21-05-2017, 12:23 AM
To be fair, it'll work and the computers will never get the ransomware because they'll be fucked from motherfucking water damage...

Can't fuck up our computers if we do it ourselves! Checkmate Nigeria hacker!
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-05-2017, 03:44 AM
This can't be real, can it? Fuck me.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
21-05-2017, 05:50 AM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2017 06:02 AM by Vera.)
Well, Bucky, after going to the ISS, he'd hardly have any time to stop and smell the (c )ros(s)es, so they do it beforehand Rolleyes

He's actually supposed to be *kissing* it, but by the look of his lips I can't say that he is. His face throughout the whole thing was hilarious.

Oh, but it can, Rob, it absolutely can and is. They do it in Bulgaria too - whenever someone opens a new office, building, hell, parliamentary session even (I think). Think of it as our own - ridiculous - version of the ghostbusters (it *is* supposed to ward off... well, not sure what exactly, but there's a distinct pagani-ish (whatever the hell *this* word actually means) feel to it. Luckily, that's about the only influence our church has on anything (at least I think so) so mostly roll my eyes, swear a bit and move on if I happen to see it on tv Rolleyes

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
21-05-2017, 05:54 AM
(20-05-2017 09:30 PM)TheUnholy Wrote:  This gotta be the stupidest thing I've seen in a long while

It might have some merit. If you destroy your equipment by getting it wet, there's no chance any ransomware virus can enter it.

But a sledgehammer would serve the same purpose.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
21-05-2017, 07:48 AM
(21-05-2017 05:50 AM)Vera Wrote:  Well, Bucky, after going to the ISS, he'd hardly have any time to stop and smell the (c )ros(s)es, so they do it beforehand Rolleyes

He's actually supposed to be *kissing* it, but by the look of his lips I can't say that he is. His face throughout the whole thing was hilarious.

Oh, but it can, Rob, it absolutely can and is. They do it in Bulgaria too - whenever someone opens a new office, building, hell, parliamentary session even (I think). Think of it as our own - ridiculous - version of the ghostbusters (it *is* supposed to ward off... well, not sure what exactly, but there's a distinct pagani-ish (whatever the hell *this* word actually means) feel to it. Luckily, that's about the only influence our church has on anything (at least I think so) so mostly roll my eyes, swear a bit and move on if I happen to see it on tv Rolleyes

Wow... how can such insanity be going on in this day and age?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-05-2017, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2017 08:34 AM by Vera.)
(21-05-2017 07:48 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Wow... how can such insanity be going on in this day and age?

Well, at least we teach evolution in schools (never even knew that such a thing as creationism existed before I joined TTA), abortion has been legal for a long time and no one's trying to ban it, contraception is not of the devil and a politician can be as openly atheist as they want without that being the end of their career. There are also no religionists knocking on people's doors and preaching at them, there aren't churches on every freaking corner, people can buy alcohol on Sundays, the only *legal* marriage is the one performed by a government official (church ones count for zilch in the eyes of the state) and there are a HEAP of sayings (dating back centuries, too) that deride priests and the priesthood.

One of our biggest heroes and poets was an atheist (in the 19th century)

"O my god, my righteous god.
Not you, in heaven apart,
but you, who are within me, god -
within my soul and heart…

Not you, to whom the holy priests
and monks must genuflect
and all of orthodoxy's beasts
light tapers in respect;

not you, who once created man
and woman from the dirt,
then allowed their human clan
to be as slaves on earth;

not you, who have anointed kings,
popes, patriarchs and others,
and abandoned to their suffering
all the poor, my brothers;

not you, who but instruct the slave
by calm and prayer to cope
and then sustain him to the grave
upon his empty hopes;

not you, the true god of the cruel,
the liars and the sham,
not you, the idol of the fools
and the enemies of man.

But you, god of the human mind,
defender of the slave;
it soon shall be that all mankind
shall celebrate your day.

O god, inspire in every man
a love of liberty
that they may fight as best they can
the people' enemies.

Make powerful this hand of mine
for the rising of the slaves;
I'll join them at the battle-line
that I may find my grave.

Do not let this stormy heart
grow cold in foreign lands,
let not my voice in silence pass
as if through desert sands."

So, all in all, I think I can handle a couple of pointless (even if rather idiotic) superstitions which have absolutely zero bearing on anything that matters (ok, I do realise it's better in Britain... then again, you do have May who's trusting in gawd's strong and stable leadership, so... Rolleyes )

ETA: Heh, that came out way more defensive than I meant it Rolleyes