Home Arsenal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2015, 08:56 AM
RE: Home Arsenal
(10-04-2015 08:51 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 08:44 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I've had good luck with the Bushmaster .223's... Only bad experience was the AR-10. (.308 NATO). Crappy 13 lbs trigger (I worked it down to 6). Nothing shot particularly well in it...
3-4 inch groups at best at 100 yards.

I love my 20 inch flattop. Currently sporting the stock iron sights. Accurate, and very reliable.

Sub MOA out to 500 yards.

There are other ARs I'd prefer, but I like to be able to practice and run drills with something similar to my service rifle.

That makes sense.

I have an AR-10 and and AR-15, both DPMS/Panther Arms.
Good quality, no frills platforms - both sufficiently accurate.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2015, 09:04 AM
I bet I'm least expected person to post here, but my household does have (two) guns. First is the WWII German standard rifle, the Mauser K98k. My grandfather did military service in West-Germany, and salvaged guns was pretty much what you got. The other is an English twin barrel shotgun. Both guns have only been used later as hunting weapons, but they just gather dust now since nobody in this household has been hunting in ten years.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
10-04-2015, 09:29 AM
(10-04-2015 09:04 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I bet I'm least expected person to post here, but my household does have (two) guns. First is the WWII German standard rifle, the Mauser K98k. My grandfather did military service in West-Germany, and salvaged guns was pretty much what you got. The other is an English twin barrel shotgun. Both guns have only been used later as hunting weapons, but they just gather dust now since nobody in this household has been hunting in ten years.

The 98 is worth more than a few buck if kept factory original...

With all matching numbers (receiver, bolt and floorplate) and the original proof marks (swastikas) they're worth a pretty penny..... Rare to find them in that condition - especially in the US - as capture rifles were required to have the markings ground off....

The double barrel may be worth quite a bit as well - depending on manufacture.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-04-2015, 09:34 AM
I have a .22 rifle for target shooting. I don't keep ammo in the house, though.

I would never hunt, not because I feel bad about killing another animal for food, but because I don't want to sit out in the woods for hours with nothing to do. I would get bored so damn fast.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
10-04-2015, 11:05 AM
I don't own any guns, but have been meaning to go out and get an 870. Out in the country, a good shotgun is useful.
10-04-2015, 12:14 PM
Is it okay if my legs and a knife are my home arsenal? Tongue

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-04-2015, 12:39 PM
(10-04-2015 11:05 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I don't own any guns, but have been meaning to go out and get an 870. Out in the country, a good shotgun is useful.

I have had my Remington 870 for over 35 years - it was the first firearm I bought.

It is a multipurpose gun; I use mine primarily for trap shooting, but have used it for deer hunting and bird hunting.

It is also considered a reliable home defense gun.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-04-2015, 01:04 PM
(10-04-2015 12:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 11:05 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I don't own any guns, but have been meaning to go out and get an 870. Out in the country, a good shotgun is useful.

I have had my Remington 870 for over 35 years - it was the first firearm I bought.

It is a multipurpose gun; I use mine primarily for trap shooting, but have used it for deer hunting and bird hunting.

It is also considered a reliable home defense gun.
A 12 gauge can be the most effective home defense there is.....

With 7 or 8 shot -- very effective in close - without having to worry about destroying the neighbors.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
10-04-2015, 01:16 PM
Home Arsenal
I don't have a ton of guns but the ones I do have are not stock in anyway. I always upgrade the triggers, barrels, stocks etc.

Here's a couple that I have.    
10-04-2015, 04:23 PM
(10-04-2015 12:14 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Is it okay if my legs and a knife are my home arsenal? Tongue

If you're in a movie and are scripted to win, sure Tongue

'Murican Canadian