Home Arsenal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2015, 05:47 PM
RE: Home Arsenal
(10-04-2015 04:23 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 12:14 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Is it okay if my legs and a knife are my home arsenal? Tongue

If you're in a movie and are scripted to win, sure Tongue

See what you dont know is that im fucking crazy(and if a guy is run, all good fighters know when to run.)

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2015, 06:44 PM
(10-04-2015 05:47 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 04:23 PM)yakherder Wrote:  If you're in a movie and are scripted to win, sure Tongue

See what you dont know is that im fucking crazy(and if a guy is run, all good fighters know when to run.)

One of these days I'll post pics of the x-rays of my right leg.....

Some of us have to stand our ground.....

Running, isn't an option....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-04-2015, 07:13 PM
(10-04-2015 06:44 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 05:47 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  See what you dont know is that im fucking crazy(and if a guy is run, all good fighters know when to run.)

One of these days I'll post pics of the x-rays of my right leg.....

Fair enough, to each their own.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-04-2015, 07:59 AM
(10-04-2015 07:13 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 06:44 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  One of these days I'll post pics of the x-rays of my right leg.....

Fair enough, to each their own.

I'm not sure you understood that.

I physically, literally can not run away. I think biker is saying the same.

This is not a choice, it is reality.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
11-04-2015, 08:13 AM
(11-04-2015 07:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 07:13 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Fair enough, to each their own.

I'm not sure you understood that.

I physically, literally can not run away. I think biker is saying the same.

This is not a choice, it is reality.

I know, i ain't arguing i am saying however you got to do things is what you gotta do.

11-04-2015, 08:32 AM
I'm not physically incapable of running, I'm emotionally incapable.

That said, though hand to hand is rarely relevant in traditional combat situations, I must admit that one of the biggest mistakes people make in self defense encounters is taking into account that any confrontation beginning at less than 20 feet has a good chance of including at least some hand to hand, even if you manage to get off a few shots first.

There's a Facebook group called Active Self Protection that regularly posts video surveillance of various encounters and analyses what was done right and what was done wrong. The site is very much pro gun, so some of you hippies might get all offended Tongue. But the lessons presented are useful for anyone.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
11-04-2015, 09:14 AM
(11-04-2015 08:32 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I'm not physically incapable of running, I'm emotionally incapable.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Nah just kiddingTongue

(11-04-2015 08:32 AM)yakherder Wrote:  That said, though hand to hand is rarely relevant in traditional combat situations, I must admit that one of the biggest mistakes people make in self defense encounters is taking into account that any confrontation beginning at less than 20 feet has a good chance of including at least some hand to hand, even if you manage to get off a few shots first.

The reason I won't own a gun and why I won't need one. If I was truly being attacked it would be face to face, and if it was at a distance I can run, fast. I can see it being relevant in something like war, but self-defense, not for me. I would be happy to use a sword, because martial arts use weapons. Also it would be unhonorable for me to use a gun.

(11-04-2015 08:32 AM)yakherder Wrote:  There's a Facebook group called Active Self Protection that regularly posts video surveillance of various encounters and analyses what was done right and what was done wrong. The site is very much pro gun, so some of you hippies might get all offended Tongue. But the lessons presented are useful for anyone.

I ain't. As long as people don't go around shooting for the wrong reasons I have no problem.

11-04-2015, 09:18 AM
(10-04-2015 08:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  I've simplified, and continue to do so, as I find there are guns I don't use as my shooting interests change.
I used to have some military rifles - they're gone. I no longer shoot competition.
I used to have some classic hunting rifles - they're gone. I no longer seriously hunt.

I have some that have stayed in the safe for years - probably time to sell those, too.

I'll probably just keep a couple of handguns, a couple or three shotguns, a .22, and an AR.

I hear you. I suffer from FAD (Flute Acquisition Disorder, similar to Whistle Obsessive Acquisition Disorder). I've now got 4 Irish flutes and a silver Boehm flute. I'm going to sell two Irish flutes when I finally get back home.
11-04-2015, 09:23 AM
(11-04-2015 09:14 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I would be happy to use a sword, because martial arts use weapons. Also it would be unhonorable for me to use a gun.

The irony is that in most states carrying a concealed blade above 3 inches will get you in more trouble than carrying a concealed handgun.

One of the reasons I carry a tomahawk, or "hand axe" as I'd call it if I ended up in court, is because it is identified as a tool for either camping or emergency extraction, making it more legal than much less dangerous weapons that are prohibited. A butterfly knife, for example, is about the poorest choice you could make for a fighting knife, yet most states have laws against gravity opened blades.

'Murican Canadian
11-04-2015, 09:28 AM
(11-04-2015 09:23 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 09:14 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I would be happy to use a sword, because martial arts use weapons. Also it would be unhonorable for me to use a gun.

The irony is that in most states carrying a concealed blade above 3 inches will get you in more trouble than carrying a concealed handgun.

One of the reasons I carry a tomahawk, or "hand axe" as I'd call it if I ended up in court, is because it is identified as a tool for either camping or emergency extraction, making it more legal than much less dangerous weapons that are prohibited. A butterfly knife, for example, is about the poorest choice you could make for a fighting knife, yet most states have laws against gravity opened blades.

Funny there is a man who carries a assult rifle without trouble, but i can't carry a sword.