Home Arsenal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2015, 12:40 PM
Home Arsenal
(12-04-2015 12:16 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 12:20 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Why don't some of you post a picture of a cool gun you own. I'd love to see them muzzle loaders Min.

These are representative samples.

[Image: Antes_PA_Long_Rifle_1.jpg]

Pennsylvania long rifle (flintlock) .50 cal

[Image: tmfl103.jpg]

British Brown Bess Musket .75 cal

[Image: IMG_2895.jpg]

Civil War, Zouave Rifle .577

[Image: 10101547_1.jpg?v=8CD7C08D1B39DA0]

Remington 1861 Model .44

I also have a Hawken .50 cal cap and ball rifle. I used to take that out to the range when I wanted to hit what I was aiming at. The muskets were just to have some fun and make a lot of smoke.

I appreciate you sharing that. I'd love to be able to shoot them. Maybe I'll be in Arizona one day and look you up.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2015, 01:26 PM
RE: Home Arsenal
Some of you are either less than pragmatists; or you have many enemies, and more arms than Ganesh.

[Image: IMG_1469.jpg]

Seriously, instead of having 20+ guns, why not have a couple all purpose weapons? ... Or do you hand out a few guns to home invaders to make it more interesting?

I own a .22 rifle, a 12 gauge slug gun, and a recurve bow. They're all pretty impractical in the daily grind... I carry a pocket knife everywhere, but it's mostly a box opener that happens to be fun to spin and throw.

[Image: Remix-Tactical_fulljpg.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
12-04-2015, 01:39 PM
(12-04-2015 01:26 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Some of you are either less than pragmatists; or you have many enemies, and more arms than Ganesh.

Seriously, instead of having 20+ guns, why not have a couple all purpose weapons? ... Or do you hand out a few guns to home invaders to make it more interesting?

I own a .22 rifle, a 12 gauge slug gun, and a recurve bow. They're all pretty impractical in the daily grind... I carry a pocket knife everywhere, but it's mostly a box opener that happens to be fun to spin and throw.

[Image: tumblr_mbuq89ibmK1rfm892o1_400.gif]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
12-04-2015, 01:45 PM
Home Arsenal
(12-04-2015 01:26 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Some of you are either less than pragmatists; or you have many enemies, and more arms than Ganesh.

Having extra guns is very practical. If we have an invasion from another country I can hand out guns to my unprepared neighbors to join the fight.

Tin foil hat now comes off.
12-04-2015, 02:01 PM

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-04-2015, 07:38 PM
At one point in my life I was in a possession of a " Zolja" which is light anti armor single use rocket , but now i don't own any guns    

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
13-04-2015, 12:28 AM
Metazoa Zeke, if you're still monitoring this thread you might get a kick out of this. Guy attacks hone invaders with katana.

Spoilered, because the pics are quite gruesome Tongue

'Murican Canadian
13-04-2015, 01:01 AM
I... have a broom? And a butter knife. I could butter an assailant to death... Except I have no butter. I have salt though...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-04-2015, 01:05 AM

It's quite simple.

1. I like guns.

2. I know guns, and their values. I recently bought a trio of guns for 150 bucks. I sold one (to the gun shop I used to work at) for 60 bucks. That means I have 45 bucks in to the two guns I kept. One is a Marlin 39a 22 LR lever action manufactured in the late 50's. Worth about 300 bucks. The other is a Savage combo gun - a rifle over shotgun double barrel -- 20 gauge under 30-30. I saw one at the last gun show for 575.

Any questions?

And - if the "home invaders" try to get them - they'll be too busy bleeding to get into the safes that contain the guns I don't keep handy for dealing with home invaders.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-04-2015, 01:08 AM
(13-04-2015 01:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  I... have a broom? And a butter knife. I could butter an assailant to death... Except I have no butter. I have salt though...

Sharpen the end of the broom, duct tape the handle to your hand, and butter up your wrists and your neck and any other exposes skin. Now you have a spear and you're pretty much immune to grappling/strangling or being disarmed Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post