Home Arsenal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2015, 01:11 AM
RE: Home Arsenal
If I get attacked in Canada without my guns, I'll get to see how a home invader stands up to .54 caliber lead balls launched from a slingshot.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2015, 01:16 AM
(13-04-2015 01:08 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(13-04-2015 01:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  I... have a broom? And a butter knife. I could butter an assailant to death... Except I have no butter. I have salt though...

Sharpen the end of the broom, duct tape the handle to your hand, and butter up your wrists and your neck and any other exposes skin. Now you have a spear and you're pretty much immune to grappling/strangling or being disarmed Tongue

... Laugh out load As practical as your plan is, it's even more effective since I think the hypothetical home invader just died laughing...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-04-2015, 02:46 AM
(13-04-2015 01:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  I... have a broom? And a butter knife. I could butter an assailant to death... Except I have no butter. I have salt though...

I dunno man you could get a long term for a salt and buttery.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 9 users Like Revenant77x's post
13-04-2015, 06:17 AM
(13-04-2015 01:05 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's quite simple.

1. I like guns.

2. I know guns, and their values. I recently bought a trio of guns for 150 bucks. I sold one (to the gun shop I used to work at) for 60 bucks. That means I have 45 bucks in to the two guns I kept. One is a Marlin 39a 22 LR lever action manufactured in the late 50's. Worth about 300 bucks. The other is a Savage combo gun - a rifle over shotgun double barrel -- 20 gauge under 30-30. I saw one at the last gun show for 575.

I like guitars.

I owned 8 at one point. I didn't play half of them, and no more than one at a time... So I sold all but the best electric and the best acoustic.

Could I have kept them all? Sure.
Would I need to justify it to some guy online? No. People collect shit all the time.
(But regardless):
Would it have been pragmatic to keep 8 personal guitars? No.
13-04-2015, 06:22 AM
(13-04-2015 06:17 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(13-04-2015 01:05 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's quite simple.

1. I like guns.

2. I know guns, and their values. I recently bought a trio of guns for 150 bucks. I sold one (to the gun shop I used to work at) for 60 bucks. That means I have 45 bucks in to the two guns I kept. One is a Marlin 39a 22 LR lever action manufactured in the late 50's. Worth about 300 bucks. The other is a Savage combo gun - a rifle over shotgun double barrel -- 20 gauge under 30-30. I saw one at the last gun show for 575.

I like guitars.

I owned 8 at one point. I didn't play half of them, and no more than one at a time... So I sold all but the best electric and the best acoustic.

Would I need to justify it to some guy online? No. People collect shit all the time.
(But regardless):

Hey -- you can live in a cave and just have a hide and a spear - if that's your thing...

I prefer extra toys.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-04-2015, 07:53 AM
(13-04-2015 06:22 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(13-04-2015 06:17 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I like guitars.

(But regardless):

Hey -- you can live in a cave and just have a hide and a spear - if that's your thing...

I prefer extra toys.

[Image: strawman.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
23-04-2015, 01:56 PM
Black Rifle Coffe

Percentage of proceeds to gun rights advocacy for this particular item Tongue

[Image: CAF_BAG_02__67395.1426875600.1280.1280.jpg]

'murica

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
23-04-2015, 03:02 PM
(23-04-2015 01:56 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Black Rifle Coffe

Percentage of proceeds to gun rights advocacy for this particular item Tongue

[Image: CAF_BAG_02__67395.1426875600.1280.1280.jpg]

'murica

That's hilarious. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-04-2015, 03:25 PM
(13-04-2015 01:11 AM)yakherder Wrote:  If I get attacked in Canada without my guns, I'll get to see how a home invader stands up to .54 caliber lead balls launched from a slingshot.

You should be okay.

#sigh
23-04-2015, 03:46 PM
Arsenal!------------That reminded me of what I wanted to post about...war.
tomorrow here in Australia we remember the soldiers of both here, and New Zealand who fought in the two world wars.
Hopefully there will be a huge crowd at both the dawn service and the march. This may well occur as a result of terrorists threats to wreak bloody havoc on ANZAC day. The excesses of fascism and communism have given way to a return of medieval
religious insanity.
Back in 1914 Australias population was only 4 million and this country, along with the New Zealanders, contributed enormously to the war effort, with massive casualties.
Not many of those old boys left to march!
"You masters of war' sings Bob Dylan, but what if Hitler had won? Do we turn the other cheek to megalomaniacs?
As for me, I never joined the military. My grandfather died in action WW1, and my father died P.O.W. on the Burma rail. I was raised by my widowed mother and her widowed mother, and the repercussions of such, and similar can impact on all families.
This in no negates the liberation from dictators and terrorists, and the like our gallant soldiers helped achieve.
I'll be at the Dawn Service....bright and early.