Home Arsenal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2015, 06:31 PM
RE: Home Arsenal
(13-04-2015 01:11 AM)yakherder Wrote:  If I get attacked in Canada without my guns, I'll get to see how a home invader stands up to .54 caliber lead balls launched from a slingshot.

Weak! Use your fist.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2015, 06:53 PM
(23-04-2015 06:31 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(13-04-2015 01:11 AM)yakherder Wrote:  If I get attacked in Canada without my guns, I'll get to see how a home invader stands up to .54 caliber lead balls launched from a slingshot.

Weak! Use your fist.

I'm plenty proficient with my fists, but I'm only gonna play fair if I think they'll do the same. If my sole objective is to take someone out, I'm gonna utilize any force multiplier I can get my hands on.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
23-04-2015, 07:01 PM
(23-04-2015 06:53 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 06:31 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Weak! Use your fist.

I'm plenty proficient with my fists, but I'm only gonna play fair if I think they'll do the same. If my sole objective is to take someone out, I'm gonna utilize any force multiplier I can get my hands on.

I can't think of a reason I would get into a fair fight. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-04-2015, 07:10 PM
Tongue RE: Home Arsenal
(23-04-2015 06:53 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 06:31 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Weak! Use your fist.

Fist are always unfair, you can run out of ammo,but not out of fist.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
23-04-2015, 08:51 PM
(10-04-2015 01:04 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 12:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  I have had my Remington 870 for over 35 years - it was the first firearm I bought.

It is a multipurpose gun; I use mine primarily for trap shooting, but have used it for deer hunting and bird hunting.

It is also considered a reliable home defense gun.
A 12 gauge can be the most effective home defense there is.....

With 7 or 8 shot -- very effective in close - without having to worry about destroying the neighbors.......

And if he closes inside shooting range, there's a handy-dandy butt available for head-whackin'.
23-04-2015, 08:58 PM
(11-04-2015 09:14 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I would be happy to use a sword, because martial arts use weapons. Also it would be unhonorable for me to use a gun.

Why the difference?
23-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Honor is an unwritten agreement with someone who plays by similar rules. That applies even when guns are involved. If I have reason to believe someone is not going to adhere to such rules, then I'm just gonna eliminate them as a threat in the quickest and most efficient way I have available to me. If I have a gun (or slingshot) drawn and can reasonably get off a shot before they are too close for that weapon to be effective, I will use the weapon. If for whatever reason a weapon is not practical (out of ammo, can't get to my holster because they've already closed the distance, shot obstructed by someone I don't consider to be expendable, etc.), then I'll happily let the elbows and knees start flying.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
24-04-2015, 02:13 AM
(23-04-2015 08:51 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 01:04 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A 12 gauge can be the most effective home defense there is.....

With 7 or 8 shot -- very effective in close - without having to worry about destroying the neighbors.......

And if he closes inside shooting range, there's a handy-dandy butt available for head-whackin'.

Nah - that's what the bayonet is for. Drinking Beverage

[Image: norinco_M97_with_handguard-bayonet-.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-04-2015, 05:28 PM
(23-04-2015 08:58 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 09:14 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I would be happy to use a sword, because martial arts use weapons. Also it would be unhonorable for me to use a gun.

Why the difference?

Swords and weapons of the like are more in tune with martial arts. Plus a sword lacks the power of the gun, requires more trainig than a gun(not saying guns require no training mind you). A sword needs a little more thouh, swinging it alone won't help.

24-04-2015, 05:30 PM
(23-04-2015 09:29 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Honor is an unwritten agreement with someone who plays by similar rules. That applies even when guns are involved. If I have reason to believe someone is not going to adhere to such rules, then I'm just gonna eliminate them as a threat in the quickest and most efficient way I have available to me. If I have a gun (or slingshot) drawn and can reasonably get off a shot before they are too close for that weapon to be effective, I will use the weapon. If for whatever reason a weapon is not practical (out of ammo, can't get to my holster because they've already closed the distance, shot obstructed by someone I don't consider to be expendable, etc.), then I'll happily let the elbows and knees start flying.

Well to me a gun is unhonorable to use, not to others mind you but to me. I am powerful, i can take down larger people, and i kick swiftly. To use a gun would show i am weak an unskilled, and that my power is useless. A gun to me says i lack the skill to fight, so when it comes to home defence , i wait and strike.