Home Arsenal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: Home Arsenal
(24-04-2015 05:30 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 09:29 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Honor is an unwritten agreement with someone who plays by similar rules. That applies even when guns are involved. If I have reason to believe someone is not going to adhere to such rules, then I'm just gonna eliminate them as a threat in the quickest and most efficient way I have available to me. If I have a gun (or slingshot) drawn and can reasonably get off a shot before they are too close for that weapon to be effective, I will use the weapon. If for whatever reason a weapon is not practical (out of ammo, can't get to my holster because they've already closed the distance, shot obstructed by someone I don't consider to be expendable, etc.), then I'll happily let the elbows and knees start flying.

Well to me a gun is unhonorable to use, not to others mind you but to me. I am powerful, i can take down larger people, and i kick swiftly. To use a gun would show i am weak an unskilled, and that my power is useless. A gun to me says i lack the skill to fight, so when it comes to home defence , i wait and strike.

Dishonourable?... What, do you have a bottomless bucket of bad decisions or something?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2015, 06:53 PM
(24-04-2015 06:28 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 05:30 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well to me a gun is unhonorable to use, not to others mind you but to me. I am powerful, i can take down larger people, and i kick swiftly. To use a gun would show i am weak an unskilled, and that my power is useless. A gun to me says i lack the skill to fight, so when it comes to home defence , i wait and strike.

Dishonourable?... What, do you have a bottomless bucket of bad decisions or something?
Yeah

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-04-2015, 06:05 AM
(24-04-2015 05:28 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 08:58 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Why the difference?

Swords and weapons of the like are more in tune with martial arts. Plus a sword lacks the power of the gun, requires more trainig than a gun(not saying guns require no training mind you). A sword needs a little more thouh, swinging it alone won't help.

Your 'honor' won't do you a fuck of a lot of good when you're dead. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-04-2015, 06:14 AM
(23-04-2015 06:53 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I'm plenty proficient with my fists, but I'm only gonna play fair if I think they'll do the same. If my sole objective is to take someone out, I'm gonna utilize any force multiplier I can get my hands on.

You're underestimating the use of your body own parts.

The fist is an extension of your arm and your back muscles working in unison with proper balancing of your body weight. The one inch punch is not a myth. Know what you are doing and you can easily kill a man with a single punch.

And most encounters are not likely to happen 20 feet away but within your own personal space where you will not have enough time to take out a gun.
25-04-2015, 06:36 AM
(25-04-2015 06:14 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  And most encounters are not likely to happen 20 feet away but within your own personal space where you will not have enough time to take out a gun.

Citation required.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-04-2015, 07:16 AM
(25-04-2015 06:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 05:28 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Swords and weapons of the like are more in tune with martial arts. Plus a sword lacks the power of the gun, requires more trainig than a gun(not saying guns require no training mind you). A sword needs a little more thouh, swinging it alone won't help.

Your 'honor' won't do you a fuck of a lot of good when you're dead. Drinking Beverage

Nothing would your point?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-04-2015, 07:32 AM
(25-04-2015 06:14 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 06:53 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I'm plenty proficient with my fists, but I'm only gonna play fair if I think they'll do the same. If my sole objective is to take someone out, I'm gonna utilize any force multiplier I can get my hands on.

You're underestimating the use of your body own parts.

The fist is an extension of your arm and your back muscles working in unison with proper balancing of your body weight. The one inch punch is not a myth. Know what you are doing and you can easily kill a man with a single punch.

And most encounters are not likely to happen 20 feet away but within your own personal space where you will not have enough time to take out a gun.

I'm not going to shy away from using my fists if I find it to be the most rational choice. I'm not going to replicating Bruce Lee's one inch punch, but I've dabbled in everything from Aikido to Kung Fu to Army Combatives to Krav Maga. I'm no ultimate badass, but I'm no slouch either. I've also been knocked out a few times. Once by a 110 pound Japanese girl who, at the direction of our sensei, delivered a palm strike that put me on my ass because they thought I was being a little too cocky, and later by my shifu in Las Vegas, a former full contact san da competitor, who delivered a shin kick to my face that put me down even with the protective headgear I was wearing. I mention that only because I realize that things can go wrong no matter how much you've trained, and if my objective is to win the fight, outside of the context of sparring with someone in which rules apply, I'm going to do whatever it takes to achieve my objective. If it goes hand to hand, so be it. And if during that altercation they neglect to control my limbs, the first thing I'm doing is going for my sidearm, their sidearm, knife, nearby rock, or any other force multiplier I can get my hands on. If none are available, I'll start raining elbows.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
25-04-2015, 09:19 AM
(25-04-2015 07:16 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(25-04-2015 06:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your 'honor' won't do you a fuck of a lot of good when you're dead. Drinking Beverage

Nothing would your point?

If I'm in a fight, I'm in it to win. Honor doesn't enter into it.

25-04-2015, 10:40 AM
(25-04-2015 09:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-04-2015 07:16 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Nothing would your point?

If I'm in a fight, I'm in it to win. Honor doesn't enter into it.

To you maybe but to me it does. My honor is to use some thing i must use my actual strength

25-04-2015, 01:05 PM
Home Arsenal
Back when I was training hard, we could break wood from half-inch away and concrete from a couple inches. I've been knocked flat on my ass by high-ranking mofos and got up quick. I've broken someone's hand in two places in a sparring incident. Got trophies from tournaments.

Unless in a competition or class no one with a working brain cell fights fair. I will use a broom, punching knife, butterfly knife, chair, wooden sword, or even someone's severed arm to win.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post