Homeless people.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2013, 07:00 AM
RE: Homeless people.
(09-05-2013 06:41 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Earmuff.

Discuss? It was an ignorant hate-filled rant. Is there a larger point? I don't get it.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt

Dig a hole and toss 'em in, that's the point. Thumbsup

They're my favorite hated group because I was one for so long, fuck 'em. I ain't got much sympathy, either. Fact, I'll go first. Big Grin

Which, for me is the difference between ethics and morality. I can trust in this, my peer group, to ethically moderate my morality.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
09-05-2013, 07:42 AM
(09-05-2013 06:52 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Hold on.

You expected empathy from Muffs?

My abject apologies, I had no intention to imply that. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
09-05-2013, 07:52 AM
(09-05-2013 07:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  

We all slip up some times.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
09-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Hey Earmuffs!

So, when you complain to us about not having enough money to get a DP on your newest rental, or not enough money for your vanilla coke, or the fuel for your motorbike, or, or, or- dude, why the hell can't you just get that shit? It's sooo easy. Life is a breeze. HELLO! Why are you so lame-ass in your bracket of income. You should just get a better job and afford all the shit you've complained about, you could be just as rich as other richer people. Seriously.

(With love Heart buddy)
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
09-05-2013, 09:43 AM
(09-05-2013 09:38 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Hey Earmuffs!

So, when you complain to us about not having enough money to get a DP on your newest rental...

Earmuffs is complaining. Do you have another local example of homelessness beyond Trainwreck? Consider

I cannot speak to you without "you" being plural. Do I speak for society when I say certain ideologies can be absolved? I'm asking... I ain't telling.

09-05-2013, 09:56 AM
(09-05-2013 09:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(09-05-2013 09:38 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Hey Earmuffs!

So, when you complain to us about not having enough money to get a DP on your newest rental...

Earmuffs is complaining. Do you have another local example of homelessness beyond Trainwreck? Consider

I cannot speak to you without "you" being plural. Do I speak for society when I say certain ideologies can be absolved? I'm asking... I ain't telling.

Money doesn't grow on trees, and neither does health.
09-05-2013, 10:06 AM
(09-05-2013 09:56 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(09-05-2013 09:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Earmuffs is complaining. Do you have another local example of homelessness beyond Trainwreck? Consider

Money doesn't grow on trees, and neither does health.

Grows on genes, insanity, health. Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
09-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Well, homeless people are a spectrum.

First, there are children and the seriously mentally ill. These people can't work for themselves, well older children can, but they need to be going to school. These people should not be homeless at all.

Then there are people that are mostly just temporary homeless. Someone might have had really bad luck like losing their job and can't find another one, or someone is a victim of some kind of abuse. Usually they just need a little help, a place to stay for a bit, and maybe an address and phone number so a potential employer can reach them. Most people would agree to some kind of reasonable government program.

Then you move on down the line to the chronically homeless. And if they want to stay that way, and not take any work or any kind of training, then fine, let them be homeless. I feel a bit bad because they made that choice, but they're adults and all that.
[+] 1 user Likes Messed Up Kitten's post
09-05-2013, 10:59 AM
(09-05-2013 07:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  

I expected a logical exploration of cause and effect from Muffs. Fail.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-05-2013, 11:46 AM
(09-05-2013 12:18 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  OH, and they're all Maori. Had to include that bit of statistically accurate "racism" for dramatic effect.

Interesting. I've read a few statistical essays on the homeless as a population and here are people in the US who actually go around and gather demographics on those populations. Personally, I try to figure out what type of homeless people there are in the area wherever I happen to be. From personal experience, it always appears to be people from a group who may have formerly been oppressed or disenfranchised in some way, while many or most, just seem to have been on the edge and then fell through. Once a group or individual falls into that kind of entropic system, it's difficult to climb out.

Several homeless in my area seem to be people who had mental issues to begin with and the homelessness has simply exacerbated the situation. Coincidentally, the same area had been famously known for over 100 years as having the first mental health facility in the country. This facility and several others in the area, have phased out over the past 10 years and other state and private facilities absorbed it's populations... if those populations were able to be absorbed. Thus the rise in the mentally unstable homeless populations. The more mental issues added to the (homeless)population, the more mentally unstable the entire (homeless)population becomes.

It is a trap for any newly homeless person who might be able to rehabilitate away from street life. Statistics suggest a 2 year mark; an individual lives on the streets under 2 years, rehab stats are positive, while at 2 years, they are likely to be homeless for another 10 years or more. The same statistics also suggest the reason for this is that homelessness garners it's own mental issues. After 2 years, one begins to become the homeless of the homeless. You know - the ones people seem to look at and say, "Oh, he/she likes being homeless."

Another population of homeless in my area seems to be the Native American. Not coincidentally, Kansas was literally a dumping ground for Natives nationally displaced for the past 200 years. Those places they call "reservations"; how about ghetto or concentration camp? Apartheid anyone? Indian Nations have been grappling with replacement and restructuring of Nations but, they are between being strapped to the bureaucracy of the system that put the there and rebuilding their own nations complete with their respective bureaucratic systems.

Respectfully, my local Native friends prefer the name Natives and when speaking of their respective nations as a whole, the reference is Indian Nations. I give Indian Nations a lot of respect and tremendous credit; once they find populations of homeless Natives on the rise, they actually make the effort and get them off the streets. However, the only place to take them for rehabilitation is... back to the Reservation... another fucked system and a mental issue all it's own.

Trying to work between 2 systems can't be easy but as a nation, Natives are taking care of their own people and I haven't seen that from "the worlds richest nation". I've seen very little or nothing happen with those displaced by state and federal budget cuts, mental issues or not.

Poverty belies much of the underlying issues of oppression, disenfranchisement, mental health and education concerning these very specific issues. Until the poverty of each of these issues is addressed, there will always be someone on the edge who will always fall through. Has poverty and displacement been directly addressed by any "world super power"?

I often wonder just what is so fucking super or powerful about these nations who can't seem to take care of their people.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post