Homeopathic Medicine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2014, 05:41 PM
Homeopathic Medicine
Share your experience with Homeopathic medicine if you have any.

My experience:

Cold Medicine - Tastes like a semi thick and super sweet elderberry version of normal cough syrup...Congestion / stuff nose cleared up pretty quickly and I felt brand new the next day.

Pink Eye - First eye drops gave me pink eye in both eyes after two days, later the problem got worst that day, so they gave me another eye drops that burnt like hell but took some redness away, Still had pink eye almost as bad a few days after that. Doctors didn't know what else to give me so suggested Homeopathic medicine.

Homeopathic eye drops...Redness almost completely gone after first administration of drops, Pink eye completely gone two days later.

What is your experience with the stuff if any?

No idea how it works, why it works, just know that it simply is. If it is a placebo then we have a hell of a lot of study to do if a placebo can just cure you of stuff like that.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2014, 05:50 PM
RE: Homeopathic Medicine
(22-09-2014 05:41 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Share your experience with Homeopathic medicine if you have any.

My experience:

Cold Medicine - Tastes like a semi thick and super sweet elderberry version of normal cough syrup...Congestion / stuff nose cleared up pretty quickly and I felt brand new the next day.

Pink Eye - First eye drops gave me pink eye in both eyes after two days, later the problem got worst that day, so they gave me another eye drops that burnt like hell but took some redness away, Still had pink eye almost as bad a few days after that. Doctors didn't know what else to give me so suggested Homeopathic medicine.

Homeopathic eye drops...Redness almost completely gone after first administration of drops, Pink eye completely gone two days later.

No idea how it works, why it works, just know that it simply is. If it is a placebo then we have a hell of a lot of study to do if a placebo can just cure you of stuff like that.

You put an unknown, untested substance from a dubious source in your eyes? Shocking

I most certainly wouldn't do that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2014, 05:58 PM
(22-09-2014 05:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 05:41 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Share your experience with Homeopathic medicine if you have any.

My experience:

You put an unknown, untested substance from a dubious source in your eyes? Shocking

I most certainly wouldn't do that.

Well, It worked! Laugh out load

The tested, known stuff they kept giving me just kept making it worst or at the very least, the redness and itchiness worst. Homeopathic may not work on everything, but for what I did have, it sure did the job.

22-09-2014, 06:21 PM
It's bullshit. Your eyes healed on their own.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-09-2014, 06:29 PM

My experience:

Homeopathic medicine is neither. Drinking Beverage
[+] 3 users Like Li_Holodomer's post
22-09-2014, 06:32 PM
(22-09-2014 05:58 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  The tested, known stuff

It's tested for a reason. It's prescribed for a reason.

And yet, "oh, those ignorant creationists who can't see the proof when its dancing in front of their eyes"
[+] 1 user Likes Li_Holodomer's post
22-09-2014, 06:33 PM

My experience:

Interestingly enough, homoeopathic treatments don't work.

The basis of homoeopathy is dilution, under the proposition that 'like cures like'; a harmful substance is diluted down (often until virtually no traces of the substance can be found), such dilution is then administered to the patient.

The idea that 'like cures like' is well known to be definitely not how medicine works; adding more virus won't cure a virus, additionally there is no mechanism be which this could work, especially not since the substances causing symptoms are being diluted down anyway.

Both the UK and Australian governments have found homoeopathy lacking in evidence:
The House of Commons Science and Technology Committee Wrote:We welcome the Government’s acknowledgement that there is no credible evidence of efficacy for homeopathy, which is an evidence-based view. However, the Government’s view has not translated into evidence-based policies.

Australian Government National Health and Medical Research Council Wrote:Overall finding
NHMRC concludes that the assessment of the evidence from research in humans does not show that homeopathy is effective for treating the range of health conditions considered. There were no health conditions for which there was reliable evidence that homeopathy was effective. No good-quality, well-designed studies with enough participants for a meaningful result reported either that homeopathy caused greater health improvements than a substance with no effect on the health condition (placebo), or that homeopathy caused health improvements equal to those of another treatment.
 For some health conditions, homeopathy was found to be not more effective than placebo.
 For other health conditions, some studies reported that homeopathy was more effective than placebo, or as effective as another treatment, but those studies were not reliable.
 For the remaining health conditions it was not possible to make any conclusion about whether homeopathy was effective or not, because there was not enough evidence. To be confident that the health benefits of homeopathy that were reported in some studies were not just due to chance or the placebo effect, they would need to be confirmed by other large, well-designed studies.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
22-09-2014, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2014 06:50 PM by Shadow Fox.)
(22-09-2014 06:32 PM)Li_Holodomer Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 05:58 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  The tested, known stuff

It's tested for a reason. It's prescribed for a reason.

And yet, "oh, those ignorant creationists who can't see the proof when its dancing in front of their eyes"

Where on earth did you get creationism from any of this?

Where did I doubt that real medicine works? The medicine they gave me didn't work. What I tried did, there is no doubt about that. I have no idea where your getting this Creationism and not being able to see evidence for real medicine thing from.

What is funny is that 1. You never tried it. 2. Your arguing against it which is not really the question I asked. The topic of this thread and the question I had asked is what is Your experience with it. So for example, you tired it and it didn't help at all or the placebo effect worked and made you feel better?

If a placebo effect can actually have a physical effect on your body like it did for me, Then what might be the reason. The argument that you cured yourself or healed naturally over time does not apply when the effect on the area involving color of the eyes is effected immediately after application when tested and known medicine failed to do what its prescribed job was suppose to do. So, if you have to argue the placebo effect instead of stating your own experience with the stuff. Why not start there with that? Is it an illusion that someone would think that the area of their body experiencing discoloration would clear up after a placebo would be used on them?

You are using a straw-man argument and I do not like that. When I use a logical fallacy, I hate it when people point it out at me, but in the end I appreciate it. So please appreciate it when I point and Cry Straw-man at that argument of yours.

So, I will ask the question again, If anyone would like to answer it properly I would be grateful. Do any of you have any experience using homeopaths? If so, what happened?

*Edit*

Oh...apparently you ALL missed this part of my post in the opening.

Quote:If it is a placebo then we have a hell of a lot of study to do if a placebo can just cure you of stuff like that.

Dodgy

So yes, I fully aknowledge that its probably just a placebo....but it worked instantly and not over time for my eyes. There is no you healed naturally when something goes away that quickly. Pretty much it cleared up all the redness and itchyness the real stuff was suppose to take care of. If it was a placebo like others say, I wanna know WHY the placebo worked.

22-09-2014, 06:49 PM
(22-09-2014 06:46 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 06:32 PM)Li_Holodomer Wrote:  It's tested for a reason. It's prescribed for a reason.

Where on earth did you get creationism from any of this?

Where did I doubt that real medicine works? The medicine they gave me didn't work. What I tried did, there is no doubt about that. I have no idea where your getting this Creationism and not being able to see evidence for real medicine thing from.

What is funny is that 1. You never tried it. 2. Your arguing against it which is not really the question I asked. The topic of this thread and the question I had asked is what is Your experience with it. So for example, you tired it and it didn't help at all or the placebo effect worked and made you feel better?

If a placebo effect can actually have a physical effect on your body like it did for me, Then what might be the reason. The argument that you cured yourself or healed naturally over time does not apply when the effect on the area involving color of the eyes is effected immediately after application when tested and known medicine failed to do what its prescribed job was suppose to do. So, if you have to argue the placebo effect instead of stating your own experience with the stuff. Why not start there with that? Is it an illusion that someone would think that the area of their body experiencing discoloration would clear up after a placebo would be used on them?

You are using a straw-man argument and I do not like that. When I use a logical fallacy, I hate it when people point it out at me, but in the end I appreciate it. So please appreciate it when I point and Cry Straw-man at that argument of yours.

So, I will ask the question again, If anyone would like to answer it properly I would be grateful. Do any of you have any experience using homeopaths? If so, what happened?

You are so ignorant it hurts. There have been tons of studies and guess what Homeopathy is bullshit. There is a reason the plural of Anecdote is not data. Your one off "Well gee I took this and got better" does not take in other effects, like the previous real medicine you took working, or you getting over it on you own. Homeopathy is bunk, always has been always will be. It's foundational philosophy is pure woo and contradicts the known laws of reality.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
22-09-2014, 07:06 PM
(22-09-2014 06:46 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  So yes, I fully aknowledge that its probably just a placebo....but it worked instantly and not over time for my eyes.

I doubt placebo is effective against an infection. Most likely coincidental. The main problem with homeopathic shit is their mechanism of action supposes water has memory. ... Blink .... Blink .... the fuck that even mean?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post