Homeopathic Medicine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2014, 07:11 PM
RE: Homeopathic Medicine
(22-09-2014 07:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 06:46 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  So yes, I fully aknowledge that its probably just a placebo....but it worked instantly and not over time for my eyes.

I doubt placebo is effective against an infection. Most likely coincidental. The main problem with homeopathic shit is their mechanism of action supposes water has memory. ... Blink .... Blink .... the fuck that even mean?

OK, that is a more acceptable answer for what I would expect to hear. Thank You.

Not sure what it means really. Dunno if it will work the same again if I ever have to use it again. ( still got a bunch of both left over ). I tried it out of curiosity with already knowing people and science claims it was bull. I even SAID basically that in my opening post. Yet, you all attacked me without warning or addressing the actual initial question at all. Namely you could had just said "No, I never tried it" then give your answers or at least ask me a few more questions about what I actually thought about the whole process.

Thanks for that previous post though, it was far more accepting then the others.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2014, 07:12 PM
Of everything I've read and heard about homeopathy, I think this explains it best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGIbOGu8q0

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
22-09-2014, 07:15 PM
(22-09-2014 07:11 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 07:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I doubt placebo is effective against an infection. Most likely coincidental. The main problem with homeopathic shit is their mechanism of action supposes water has memory. ... Blink .... Blink .... the fuck that even mean?

OK, that is a more acceptable answer for what I would expect to hear. Thank You.

Not sure what it means really. Dunno if it will work the same again if I ever have to use it again. ( still got a bunch of both left over ). I tried it out of curiosity with already knowing people and science claims it was bull. I even SAID basically that in my opening post. Yet, you all attacked me without warning or addressing the actual initial question at all. Namely you could had just said "No, I never tried it" then give your answers or at least ask me a few more questions about what I actually thought about the whole process.

Thanks for that previous post though, it was far more accepting then the others.

Not everyone attacked you.

I shared my experience: I said that I would not even consider using such a substance since it is untested and of unknown origin and composition.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2014, 07:16 PM
(22-09-2014 07:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 07:11 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  OK, that is a more acceptable answer for what I would expect to hear. Thank You.

Not everyone attacked you.

I shared my experience: I said that I would not even consider using such a substance since it is untested and of unknown origin and composition.

Well, OK, I exaggerated the everyone part there.
Perhaps it might do a little better for me to more fully write out everything so as to make sure I don't have any misunderstandings. Which right now, I am thinking that is what this all might be.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
22-09-2014, 07:28 PM
(22-09-2014 07:11 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Yet, you all attacked me without warning or addressing the actual initial question at all.

Hey now,
[Image: Bear_Hug_by_CommodoreElfman.jpg]

I like to think of homeopathy as 1% near beer to 40% vodka. One gets me drunk, the other can't.

#sigh
22-09-2014, 09:23 PM
(22-09-2014 07:16 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 07:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  Not everyone attacked you.

Well, OK, I exaggerated the everyone part there.
Perhaps it might do a little better for me to more fully write out everything so as to make sure I don't have any misunderstandings. Which right now, I am thinking that is what this all might be.

That may be, but if you try to defend homeopathy here, it won't go well.

I suggest you might ask something like "these eye drops seem to work for me, do you think they did? What are your thoughts?"

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-09-2014, 09:58 PM
The neighbor is the dog sitter for the neighborhood. She got a new dog in for a visit. The owner says he is skittish of new places and people, so she is dropping him off for partial day visits for awhile before leaving for a multi day trip.

So today the neighbor tells me the skittish dog arrived, was panting because it was stressed. She put calming essential oils on his feet and it worked- he calmed down about a half hour later.

Dodgy

Me thinks skittish dog just needed 30 minutes to chill out and get settled. I guess he went home smelling pretty though. Drinking Beverage

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
22-09-2014, 10:19 PM
No one here will believe that after trying everything else I could find a homeopathic treatment stopped my African Gray from plucking herself naked.

She has a full tail again for the first time in years. She no longer looks like she is ready for the stewpot.

Homeopathy, magic, placebo effect, voodoo....whatthehellever it was, she looks the best she has looked in years!

Is some of it bullshit - of course. But my fucking parrot has feathers again - damnit!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-09-2014, 02:59 AM
(22-09-2014 10:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  No one here will believe that after trying everything else I could find a homeopathic treatment stopped my African Gray from plucking herself naked.

She has a full tail again for the first time in years. She no longer looks like she is ready for the stewpot.

Homeopathy, magic, placebo effect, voodoo....whatthehellever it was, she looks the best she has looked in years!

Is some of it bullshit - of course. But my fucking parrot has feathers again - damnit!

African Grey, not Norwegian Blue?...

OP, the anecdote you cite is the eyedrops. But you treated it with multiple different methods of which homeopathy was the last - can't reliably be sure that homeopathic treatment was the one that worked, or maybe the more scientific treatments that you had before had actually worked and the infection was clearing up by itself by the time you started trying homeopathic remedy. That's why anecdote is not admissible as evidence - too many confounding factors. Best way to test is double-blind trials. AFAIK no homeopathic remedy has ever proven more effective than plain old placebo in double blind trial. Placebo effect is real & amazing, but applies equally to sugar pills as to anything else.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-09-2014, 03:03 AM
Homeopathy is just water and is a pure placebo, but beware that some treatments labeled as homeopathic contain active ingredients. Always check the label and if you are on any other medication inform your doctor and/or pharmacist so that drug interactions can be assessed.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post