Homeopathy officially debunked: what took so long ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2014, 11:22 AM
Homeopathy officially debunked: what took so long ?
The homoeopathy association must have lobbied the wrong candidate as the
Official government medical research centre in Australia has debunked homoeopathy as no better then a placebo https://www.nhmrc.gov.au/

http://australia.isidewith.com/news/arti...search-cou
"There is no reliable evidence that homeopathy can treat health conditions, a major review of the practice by the National Health and Medical Research Council has concluded."

A recent industry report showed annual revenue from the sale of complementary medicines (CM) products and therapies totalled $3.55 billion."
The NHMRC Draft Information Paper on the Evidence on Homeopathy, also released today, is a summary of rigorous assessment of available research examining the effectiveness of homeopathy for treating 68 health conditions, the results of which are published in an overview report.
On assessment of the current evidence, it found ‘there is no reliable evidence that homeopathy is effective for treating health conditions.’

68 Medical conditions tested, which homoeopathy remedies are claimed and debunked.

But the real question is why did this take so long, and what are other countries doing to get rid of an industry putting lives at risk promoting false cures ? or is australia not the first to stomp on this particular woo.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like sporehux's post
08-04-2014, 11:26 AM
RE: Homeopathy officially debunked: what took so long ?
I am all for science and medicine, but I wonder if the sugar pill works...why not let them use it?
I have a little song I sing to my son when his legs hurt. I figure so long as it "works" I may as well keep his liver fresh as long as possible. Smile

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
08-04-2014, 11:32 AM
(08-04-2014 11:26 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I am all for science and medicine, but I wonder if the sugar pill works...why not let them use it?
I have a little song I sing to my son when his legs hurt. I figure so long as it "works" I may as well keep his liver fresh as long as possible. Smile

Because it keeps them from seeking treatments that actually work. If your son broke his leg would you want to sing your song or actually get help? Add to that they are parasitic and prey on peoples fears.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 11 users Like Revenant77x's post
08-04-2014, 11:32 AM
(08-04-2014 11:26 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I am all for science and medicine, but I wonder if the sugar pill works...why not let them use it?

Fine in that circumstance, but this study was initiated because of the homoeopathy industry promoting cures for conditions that could harm the patient if they failed to get real medical help.
Call me a conspiracy nut but, maybe they fibbed a little on the cure claims to maintain/increase their 3.55 Billion dollar wooindustry.

[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
08-04-2014, 11:33 AM

The problem is that placebo doesn't work. Not for the things homeopathy claims to cure. I watched my ex kill her own mother by telling her shark fin soup would cure her cancer better than chemo. It's the same thing here. People are using homeopathy to treat very serious illnesses that are life threatening.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 7 users Like Stark Raving's post
08-04-2014, 11:41 AM
Tim Minchin annoys me for some reason, but his line in the storm clip is appropriate here:

"By definition", I begin
"Alternative Medicine", I continue
"Has either not been proved to work,
Or been proved not to work.
Do you know what they call "alternative medicine"
That's been proved to work?
Medicine."

[+] 7 users Like sporehux's post
08-04-2014, 11:41 AM
I'm sorry I'm sorry! I will try to refrain from talking when I clearly have no idea what's going on! Weeping
There's a homeopathy industry? Just let me show myself the door. You lovelies carry on as if I were never here and I will spy from a safe viewing distance and try to learn something new. Tongue

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
08-04-2014, 11:43 AM
(08-04-2014 11:41 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I'm sorry I'm sorry! I will try to refrain from talking when I clearly have no idea what's going on! Weeping
There's a homeopathy industry? Just let me show myself the door. You lovelies carry in as if I were never here and I will spy from a safe viewing distance and try to learn something new. Tongue

Ignorance is not a crime, unless you refuse to remedy it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 8 users Like Revenant77x's post
08-04-2014, 11:44 AM
(08-04-2014 11:41 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I'm sorry I'm sorry! I will try to refrain from talking when I clearly have no idea what's going on! Weeping
There's a homeopathy industry? Just let me show myself the door. You lovelies carry in as if I were never here and I will spy from a safe viewing distance and try to learn something new. Tongue

We knew what you were getting at L&I, your post was surely whipping bait you naughty naughty girl Beat_stick

[+] 3 users Like sporehux's post
08-04-2014, 12:00 PM
(08-04-2014 11:44 AM)sporehux Wrote:  

We knew what you were getting at L&I, your post was surely whipping bait you naughty naughty girl Beat_stick

Somebody get the paddle. We got some discipline to work out.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post