Homeopathy officially debunked: what took so long ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2014, 05:23 PM
RE: Homeopathy officially debunked: what took so long ?
Isn't homeopathy a crime in Leviticus???

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
08-04-2014, 05:44 PM
(08-04-2014 11:32 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 11:26 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I am all for science and medicine, but I wonder if the sugar pill works...why not let them use it?
I have a little song I sing to my son when his legs hurt. I figure so long as it "works" I may as well keep his liver fresh as long as possible. Smile

Because it keeps them from seeking treatments that actually work. If your son broke his leg would you want to sing your song or actually get help? Add to that they are parasitic and prey on peoples fears.

are you qualiasoup? Tongue
coz this is the exact same thing he said in his YT vid

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
08-04-2014, 05:47 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong. Is homeopathy is just water with supposed magic healing powers?

08-04-2014, 07:22 PM
(08-04-2014 05:47 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Correct me if i'm wrong. Is homeopathy is just water with supposed magic healing powers?

More or less.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
08-04-2014, 07:40 PM
(08-04-2014 07:22 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 05:47 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Correct me if i'm wrong. Is homeopathy is just water with supposed magic healing powers?

More or less.

More water and less ingredient.
And in most cases the ingredient does not work for the aliment before its water'd down so much your unable to test for the ingredient.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 3 users Like sporehux's post
08-04-2014, 07:42 PM
(08-04-2014 07:40 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 07:22 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  More or less.

More water and less ingredient.
And in most cases the ingredient does not work for the aliment before its water'd down so much your unable to test for the ingredient.

It varies a bit from 1 quak to the next but it is always just water.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
08-04-2014, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2014 08:00 PM by sporehux.)
I heard one proponent say that a plain jar of water in the same immediate area as a jar of homeopathy mix will absorb the benefit of healing proposed.

Therefore drinking the toilet water from a homeopathic store should give you superpowers.

There was someone a few months back championing alternate medicine, I think chippy went defcon 4 on him and he faded/ diluted into obscurity.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 3 users Like sporehux's post
08-04-2014, 10:05 PM
Before they even get onto whether or not homeopathy works lets examine the claim that water has memory and can remember whatever 'active ingredient' it has come into contact with. I think that part is actually even more laughable than the idea that diluted onion juice can cure conjunctivitis (or whatever they claim cures what).

Remember that in homeopathy it isn't a greatly diluted active ingredient. It's water that was once in contact with an active ingredient and now remembers it.

Ugh, I literally feel myself getting dumber whenever I so much as think about this shit.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post
08-04-2014, 10:17 PM
(08-04-2014 11:26 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I am all for science and medicine, but I wonder if the sugar pill works...why not let them use it?
I have a little song I sing to my son when his legs hurt. I figure so long as it "works" I may as well keep his liver fresh as long as possible. Smile

But the sugar pill, doesn't always contain sugar. There are some homeopathic meds that can do harm.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-04-2014, 10:24 PM
(08-04-2014 10:05 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Before they even get onto whether or not homeopathy works lets examine the claim that water has memory and can remember whatever 'active ingredient' it has come into contact with. I think that part is actually even more laughable than the idea that diluted onion juice can cure conjunctivitis (or whatever they claim cures what).

Remember that in homeopathy it isn't a greatly diluted active ingredient. It's water that was once in contact with an active ingredient and now remembers it.

Ugh, I literally feel myself getting dumber whenever I so much as think about this shit.

just imagine where the water has been.... In shit? In urine? Full with bacteria? In a plastic bottle? I don't want water that remembers and has the properties of these things