Homeopathy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2015, 08:25 AM
RE: Homeopathy
(20-04-2015 07:38 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Homeopathy has its place, it does.

What place is that? Consider

Quote:I believe in holistic approaches to modern day diseases, etc. BUT...it should not be a substitute for modern medicine.

Since it does nothing, it is not a suitable substitute.

Quote:The trouble with modern medicine is that it seems to be reactive, rather than proactive.

Really? Public health measures are preventative, diet and exercise are preventative, vaccinations are preventative. The purpose of check-ups is to be proactive, not reactive.

Quote:There are strides being made, but modern medicine is in bed with big pharma, so it behooves a person to not only rely on his/her doc, but also take care of one's self and rely on doing research to stay abreast of diseases and so on.

The doctors I know are not in bed with big pharma, and all of them urge taking personal responsibility for one's own health.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2015, 09:03 AM
RE: Homeopathy
I don't think it should be banned, but
- It shouldn't receive any government funding. It has been comprehensively proven false in every way. No further research is warranted.
- No one involved in homeopathy should be able to make false or misleading statements about it without penalty. They should be held to proper advertising standards.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post