Homer Simpson is Catholic????????????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2010, 02:07 AM
Homer Simpson is Catholic????????????
Has anyone else read any articles on Vatican Officials claiming that Bart and Homer Simpson are Catholics? Apparantly a Jesuit priest did a study on the Simpsons and came to that conclusion.

Doesn't it occur to these idiots that Bart and Homer are cartoon characters and they have no religion, no life, no thoughts, no memories, no feelings, nothing. They are drawings, nothing more. The idea that they can be animate is because our senses can be easily fooled by a couple of dozen pictures per second flashing in front of us.

Excuse me, I am late for my date with Betty Boop.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2010, 06:25 AM
RE: Homer Simpson is Catholic????????????
(25-10-2010 02:07 AM)No J. Wrote:  Has anyone else read any articles on Vatican Officials claiming that Bart and Homer Simpson are Catholics? Apparantly a Jesuit priest did a study on the Simpsons and came to that conclusion.

Doesn't it occur to these idiots that Bart and Homer are cartoon characters and they have no religion, no life, no thoughts, no memories, no feelings, nothing. They are drawings, nothing more. The idea that they can be animate is because our senses can be easily fooled by a couple of dozen pictures per second flashing in front of us.

Not to mention they go to a church called The Western Branch of American Reform Presbylutheranism. Which is obviously not catholic.
25-10-2010, 07:18 AM
(25-10-2010 06:25 AM)tjv323 Wrote:  
(25-10-2010 02:07 AM)No J. Wrote:  Has anyone else read any articles on Vatican Officials claiming that Bart and Homer Simpson are Catholics? Apparantly a Jesuit priest did a study on the Simpsons and came to that conclusion.

Not to mention they go to a church called The Western Branch of American Reform Presbylutheranism. Which is obviously not catholic.

Actually, they're Protestants, if I remember correctly.

Not that it matters. Or that I care. I just remember an episode where Marge was imagining what life in Heaven would be like, and they had a Protestant Heaven and a Catholic Heaven.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
25-10-2010, 11:46 AM

(25-10-2010 02:07 AM)No J. Wrote:  Has anyone else read any articles on Vatican Officials claiming that Bart and Homer Simpson are Catholics? Apparently a Jesuit priest did a study on the Simpsons and came to that conclusion...
Did he notice they were YELLOW drawings, before that commitment? Dodgy

Jeez, I thought it was bad when the Church of England blamed "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" for the exodus of female parishioners from the faith. What is it with taking cartoons so seriously? Between allocating a faith to a drawing, to blaming vamp chasers for common sense, to issuing death warrants because Muhammad can appear to be aptly depicted in pixel form, what the hell man!?
Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2010, 11:28 PM

LOL ... they sure cuss enough to be Catholic.
Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2010, 01:14 AM
Homer is a fictional character who always drinks alot of beer and eats alot of donuts and sucks at doing his job in the nuclear plant. He always strangles his son, sleeps in church, bullys his christian neighbor and his small brains don't work. Maybe it's the last one that makes him catholic.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
27-10-2010, 07:04 PM
and his small brains don't work

Well, he does have 3 kids so I'd dispute that one.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost