Homeschoolers expected rapture and stopped teaching kids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2014, 07:06 AM
Homeschoolers expected rapture and stopped teaching kids
Quote:A Texas court ruled this month that parents who allegedly stopped homeschooling their kids because they believed Jesus Christ was returning to Earth were not exempt from state education regulations.
[Tracy] testified that the parents used empty space in a motorcycle dealership that he co-owned as a classroom. But Tracy said that he never saw the children reading books, using computers or doing arithmetic. Instead, the children were seen playing instruments and singing.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/11/te...hing-kids/

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2014, 07:25 AM
RE: Homeschoolers expected rapture and stopped teaching kids
(12-08-2014 07:06 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
Quote:A Texas court ruled this month that parents who allegedly stopped homeschooling their kids because they believed Jesus Christ was returning to Earth were not exempt from state education regulations.
[Tracy] testified that the parents used empty space in a motorcycle dealership that he co-owned as a classroom. But Tracy said that he never saw the children reading books, using computers or doing arithmetic. Instead, the children were seen playing instruments and singing.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/11/te...hing-kids/

Laugh out load The stupidity is real with these people. They would have been waiting a very long time if the law didn't get involved.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
12-08-2014, 08:13 AM
Laugh out load

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
12-08-2014, 08:56 AM
(12-08-2014 07:25 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Laugh out load The stupidity is real with these people. They would have been waiting a very long time if the law didn't get involved.

[Luminon]
The state should not use violence against them.
[/Luminon]

Actually, I do think that world would be a better place with more music and singing.

Just not christian music, thank you very much! Angry

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
12-08-2014, 09:12 AM
Time to remove some kids from some homes.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
12-08-2014, 02:25 PM
(12-08-2014 09:12 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Time to remove some kids from some homes.

No. Nonononononono. There's nothing to say they were being abused. Break up the family for something like this? Fuck that... Oh wait, I see, I think... you meant time to send them to school Smile

Sorry for overreacting Blush

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-08-2014, 02:32 PM
(12-08-2014 02:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-08-2014 09:12 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Time to remove some kids from some homes.

No. Nonononononono. There's nothing to say they were being abused. Break up the family for something like this? Fuck that... Oh wait, I see, I think... you meant time to send them to school Smile

Lol.

Denying kids an education, in my opinion, is abuse. Especially denying it to them because mommy and daddy are nuts.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
12-08-2014, 02:38 PM
Re: Homeschoolers expected rapture and stopped teaching kids
Texas court bring reasonable... Huzzah.

I guess when you have comparison that shines more nutty, they look sensible.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
12-08-2014, 02:51 PM
(12-08-2014 02:32 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(12-08-2014 02:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  No. Nonononononono. There's nothing to say they were being abused. Break up the family for something like this? Fuck that... Oh wait, I see, I think... you meant time to send them to school Smile

Lol.

Denying kids an education, in my opinion, is abuse. Especially denying it to them because mommy and daddy are nuts.

Breaking up a family 'cos mommy and daddy are nuts? Fuck, everyone'd be in foster care. and the *foster* parents would also be nuts Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-08-2014, 02:57 PM
(12-08-2014 07:06 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  [quote]A Texas court ruled this month that parents who allegedly stopped homeschooling their kids because they believed Jesus Christ was returning to Earth were not exempt from state education regulations.
Facepalm
How embarrassing would it be .... to ask someone for "a note" that says you are stupid... because your parents were insane while you were growing up? Will this somehow make you a secure citizen because you can carry this note with you for the rest of your life?
WTF?

If these people are allowed to be exempt then, they shouldn't be allowed to leave their state. Angel

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post