Homeschoolers expected rapture and stopped teaching kids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2014, 05:43 AM
RE: Homeschoolers expected rapture and stopped teaching kids
They should have their kids forced back into public schools and taken away from them.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2014, 05:48 AM
(13-08-2014 05:43 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  They should have their kids forced back into public schools and taken away from them.

Maybe the parents should be forced back to school as well.
[+] 7 users Like Mathilda's post
13-08-2014, 10:21 AM
You know they are crazy when even Texas thinks they are religious nutjobs.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
[+] 2 users Like Res Publica's post
13-08-2014, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2014 03:03 AM by CarlyRoxanne.)
Poor children. They don't stand a chance. Parents like that will do everything they can to raise their kids to be as ignorant as possible with everything they don't teach them. Knowledge is scary to these people.
13-08-2014, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2014 03:02 AM by CarlyRoxanne.)
It's a vicious cycle. I've seen it time and time again. Sometimes a smart kid will find their own way, but alot of the time they never learn to think for themselves. Which is exactly what the "parents" want.
13-08-2014, 01:05 PM
(12-08-2014 10:06 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  ---
It's like adults with the world view of a child, except worse since most children don't refuse to eat their veggies because they think Mickey Mouse is gonna come take them to live forever in Cinderella's castle.

Ha -yes!
Even if a child knows that thinking about Mickey Mouse coming to take them away might be silly, they still might think it would be wonderful. This is the fun of fantasy. However, even the daydreaming, hopeful child has the rationality of mind to discern reality from fantasy.

Religious indoctrination takes fantasy one confusing step further and blends fantasy with reality. Somewhere along the way, through copious amounts of Sunday schooling and cultural reinforcement of the religious lifestyle... the hopeful child's daydream, becomes the adult's wish fulfillment of the permanent vacation package. Boom: god is real, heaven is real, I'm on my way if I do x, y, and z.

When the rational mind is not instructed and exercised to securely stand on it's own, it is fragile and can be easily held at the whim and mercy of exploitation.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
14-08-2014, 10:26 AM
I wish my teachers believed the rapture was coming soon. I hated school.. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post