Homeschooling/Brainwashing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2016, 10:16 AM
RE: Homeschooling/Brainwashing
I've smuggled books to my homeschooled relatives. They were much appreciated.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
15-09-2016, 09:58 AM
RE: Homeschooling/Brainwashing
I have 2 younger brothers at ages 11 and 13, I'm 34. My dad and step mom decided this year to homeschool them but not for religious reason. They told me it was because of common core and it's dumbing them down. I don't possibly see how my step mom can teach these kids. I don't think she has the discipline to be strict enough to enforce proper schooling. This might not be a problem in everyone's home but in there's it is.

I think homeschooling can work in certain situations but in most it won't get the kids the better education. My brothers homeschool 4 days a week, then every Friday they go to a school to turn in paperwork and have some sort of lab or class.

For my brother's situation they live in the middle of no where in northern utah. They have no social life outside of church and now with homeschooling they interact even less with other kids. I don't see how this is good for them. Going to school isn't just about learning it was a way to socialize and in a way be a part of society.

In 11th grade I home schooled for half a semester to help transition from one high school to the next when we moved. I was left alone to do this myself and it didn't work out well for me. The curriculum seemed different from the standard school, not necessarily better or worse, just different.

I wouldn't home school my kids unless I absolutely had to.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply