* Homeschooling Hades *

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2013, 11:55 PM
* Homeschooling Hades *
Hey World. I am new to the boards, but have listen to Seth's podcast for quite some time.

I am an upcoming Senior in high school in the homeschooling curriculum of Abeka Academy, on of the most popular among fundamentalist believers, and non-believers. In my case, my parents are Liberal Christians and have raised me to be open-minded and have allowed throughout my adolescence to read anything from classic Darwin to Kurt Vonnegut . They use the curriculum out of ease and cost. In some cases we have discussed their , respectfully, silly beliefs . Out of this, I have respected them much, even though I was sent to Bible school and confirmed in the church at and till about 15 years of age. Rambling yes, just wanted to give a little background.

So yes, this program is very fundamentalist Christian-based . Since I have been tough the Earth is 6000 years old, memorized bible-verses, and that homosexuality is of Satan. Having been a closet Atheist since 16 , these have made me a smart debater, and confirms my non-belief even more. I wish I did not have to , but I can't be pessimistic . I have had to use outlets such as YouTube, Seth's site, Dawkin's and Darwin's literature .and others to educate myself.It is my last year which is great , I would still love to hear stories of the like, support, and even your views on the program. Thanks!

Farewell,
Kristopher.

" My friends. You bow to no one. " - Aragorn

"A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows. " — Samuel Clemens

Simple....buy low, sell high.

Life in Rivendell is nice .
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply