Homework issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2014, 06:57 AM
RE: Homework issues
Well, at least you are doing something, Wazzel.

I wish I had somebody like you when I was your kid's age. I've failed school pretty much my entire life (outside this yeah where I've excelled) and I don't really remember getting much support at all from anybody.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2014, 07:05 AM
(12-09-2014 06:57 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Well, at least you are doing something, Wazzel.

I wish I had somebody like you when I was your kid's age. I've failed school pretty much my entire life (outside this yeah where I've excelled) and I don't really remember getting much support at all from anybody.
I am sorry to hear that. Kids need a support system. We try hard to maintain the proper level of involvement in our kids lives. My oldest two are in high school band. My wife and I are at everything. I roadie and she chaperones. Most of the time when we are at a band activity we do not even talk to our kids. We want to help and be involved without being helicopters. We do the same for our son. He plays football and is in middle school band. I roadie for them too for their one traveling performance a year.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
12-09-2014, 10:06 AM
A little reward for a job well done doesn't hurt either.

A little ice cream cone/buddy time with Dad, a quick stop at a movie rental place, a special plan for the weekend.....

Not every day, but now and then doesn't hurt.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
12-09-2014, 10:28 AM
(12-09-2014 10:06 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  A little reward for a job well done doesn't hurt either.

A little ice cream cone/buddy time with Dad, a quick stop at a movie rental place, a special plan for the weekend.....

Not every day, but now and then doesn't hurt.

We work both reward and punishment systems with our kids. Parenting should not consist of just one.
15-09-2014, 02:00 PM
Just got a call from the wife. School called her and want to put him in resource. Apparently he is not performing well on test and not paying attention in class, especially in math. The only good thing is he is not being disruptive.

I really hate how my wife delivers news like this over the phone while I am at work. On top of that her tone always sounds "celebratory" for some reason. I wish she would have some consideration.
15-09-2014, 02:13 PM
A good evaluation is worth the money. Not only do you learn the weakness but you also learn the strengths which helps to overcome the weakness.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
16-09-2014, 06:18 AM
He asked if he could try to get his work done in his room before we went to the library. He got it all done in a timely manner and did good work last night. So maybe that is the solution for home work. I talked to him about the class room issues. I hope him working on his own at home shows him he is capable of taking care of his business at school too.
16-09-2014, 06:49 AM
I never did my homework in high school and I turned out alright.
17-09-2014, 09:35 AM
(16-09-2014 06:49 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I never did my homework in high school and I turned out alright.

Well, all right but for your spelling. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-09-2014, 09:37 AM
(16-09-2014 06:49 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I never did my homework in high school and I turned out alright.

Aren't you unemployed?
Consider

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post