Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2014, 06:55 AM
RE: Homework issues
Both irrelevant tiny issues.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2014, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2014 07:54 AM by Mathilda.)
RE: Homework issues
(12-09-2014 06:48 AM)wazzel Wrote:  We keep in touch with the teachers. They all say he is a great student and not a problem in class. He gets along with everyone else. Basically an all around good kid. Sometimes they notice him daydreaming, but in class they are able to redirect him easily to get back on task. That is one of the reason why I think getting him out of the house to do his homework will help.

Sounds to me then like he's just bored because the work is too easy. If the work isn't challenging or interesting then he won't be motivated and will be wondering what the point of it all is. Nor will he get any sense of reward from giving in work or receiving grades and will therefore be more likely to forget about it because it is of no interest to him.

It does seem to be a peculiarly American thing to always assume that it's ADHD.

At my first school I was top of the class. I then moved to another school which basically repeated everything I had learned in the previous year (including the same history text book). By the end of the year I was bottom of the class. I often wondered why we were being given a three week project about potatoes for example. I then underperformed for my entire school career until I had to revise for my GCSE's when I realised that it was actually interesting if I taught myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post