Homophobia is the deathnell of Christianity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2012, 09:43 AM
RE: Homophobia is the deathnell of Christianity
Well, while some are "accepting" it is very, let's say literal. "Yea, you're part of our community, smile for the photo . . . now get the *beep away from me!".

My question is, if someone is out to get you, spends everyday by offending you, by making your life harder at every turn and keeps saying you will spend eternity in agony because you are bad person just for existing...
Do you really want them to hug you the next day and say "hey I forgive you for bing gay. You'll burn, but we're ok, right?", shake hands with them and let yourself and everyonone pretend there is no tension and lies? If you trully want to believe is a God, despite everything, you still can do so without any church.

And I won't even go into the unnatural part? What is that supposed to be? It doesn't even mean aginst nature, it means outside of nature. As in existing in other dimension. Which actually makes it sound rather cool if you think about it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2012, 10:27 AM
I know being homophobic means you hate homosexuals, but doesn't the word 'phobia' mean a fear of something? For example: arachnophobia (fear of spiders) and claustrophobia ( fear of tight spaces). So I wonder why, homophobia generally means a hatred of homosexuals.

As for religion hating homosexuals, I agree with what other people have said, the churches have made a rule which they can't break otherwise everything will crash. It just gets me though when people actually genuinely hate homosexuals just because their stupid religion told them so.
16-04-2012, 03:50 PM
I have to disagree, common sense will be the deathnell. Although homophobia is a big contributation too.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
17-04-2012, 10:16 AM
That video was AWESOME
17-04-2012, 06:45 PM
You're thinking that the dedicated christian will have a problem rationalizing the absurd.
They do this now in spades. Let's recap a few with no loss to belief.
- Flat earth to round.
- 6 day creation
- Noah animal story completely impossible
- The exodus story, no evidence, practically disproven
- Adam and Eve in the face of evidence of evolution

The list goes on, yet they still call the Bible the "infallible word of God".
Delusion is delusion. There is no degree of delusion. It's just ignoring the truth and choosing to believe something fantastical in it's place based on no evidence.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post