Homophobic or Homo-Cautious

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2016, 06:28 PM
RE: Homophobic or Homo-Cautious
(16-03-2016 09:41 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  My question is:
What do you understand by the word homophobic?

Is being very cautious when approached by a homosexual person considered homophobic?

Eg. If a known gay person continuously calls you "dear" "sweetie" or "honey" each time they negatively respond to you & you ask them to stop doing that is this being Homophobic. What if he wasn't gay, would you still be justified in asking them to desist?

I think it might be Homophobic but for a good cause. What do you think?

It's presumptuous. You seem to think that if you are approached by someone who happens to be homosexual the only reason would be that they want to have sexual relations with you.

Dear, sweetie, honey, hon...etc. are terms of endearment. They are extremely common in the American south and used by male and female.

You have issues. Get over yourself.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
16-03-2016, 06:33 PM
(16-03-2016 06:19 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 05:38 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  There is no "homophobic for a could cause" that's bullshit!

Are you cautious when you are approached by everyone, if not, you are homophobic. There's no reason to be cautious unless you fear you can't control yourself and you may jump on them at any given moment. Then it is they who should be cautious when approaching you.

If anyone calls you "dear", "honey", "sweetie" in a negative way they are being snarky or condescending... most likely it's because they feel you deserve it, as you are acting a homophobe or some other negative human behavior.

Again, there is no good cause to act like an asshat homophobe. If someone treats you poorly look to your own behavior first. If they continue after you ask them to stop, then avoid them.

It would also behoove you to try and understand why you fear homosexuals because it is a fact that a huge number of homophobes are in fact homosexuals in denial. Maybe you should ask yourself if you are a homosexual in denial? Easily asked, not so easily answered for some.
And yes I am cautious when approached by anyone that I don't know very well. Isn't that how most normal people react or is my autism blinding me again?

How did you come to the understanding that the person calling me honey is most likely not using it in a sexually provoking manner? How were you able to rule out the possibility that it has nothing to do with their sexual preferences? Do you throw caution to the wind and assume the best of all strangers you interact with? Is this "normal" behavior and a possible oversight my autism has once more blinded me from.

I am really interested in your answers. Hopefully it shall give me insight into how "normal" people think.

No, I am not cautious when meeting strangers. I am a very open and welcoming person and always expecting the best from everyone until proven otherwise. Which is why I'm always surprised by poor behaviors in others.

You stated "in a negative way", which to me meant snark or condescension. If they spoke to you with endearments in a provocative way (which you did not state), I would never assume that and I'm not a mind reader. Again, avoid that person or if you work with them, report them for harassment.

Unless I am in an observable risky place, yes, I welcome new with complete acceptance. Is that normal, haven't got a clue, it's normal for me.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
16-03-2016, 06:37 PM
this person has already assumed you are homophobic, and now they are just pushing your buttons. Quit showing them your buttons. Laugh it off or tease them back in some way, and it will stop.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
16-03-2016, 06:50 PM
(16-03-2016 06:19 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I am really interested in your answers. Hopefully it shall give me insight into how "normal" people think.

Then kindly answer mine.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
16-03-2016, 06:56 PM
They have chosen you. There is no stopping their mating ritual at this stage. Prepare your anus and stay safe, OP.
[+] 8 users Like Gilgamesh's post
16-03-2016, 06:58 PM
(16-03-2016 06:56 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  They have chosen you. There is no stopping their mating ritual at this stage. Prepare your anus and stay safe, OP.

[Image: da3f7b84fa88fdf2e760a6eaa14d2f34.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
16-03-2016, 07:00 PM
(16-03-2016 06:37 PM)skyking Wrote:  this person has already assumed you are homophobic, and now they are just pushing your buttons. Quit showing them your buttons. Laugh it off or tease them back in some way, and it will stop.

That could work...next time just respond by calling them sweet cheeks and go on with your day.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
16-03-2016, 07:18 PM
(16-03-2016 07:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 06:37 PM)skyking Wrote:  this person has already assumed you are homophobic, and now they are just pushing your buttons. Quit showing them your buttons. Laugh it off or tease them back in some way, and it will stop.

That could work...next time just respond by calling them sweet cheeks and go on with your day.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M74242634e3133bbd2f94cbc1007a6...p;pid=15.1]

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
16-03-2016, 09:50 PM
(16-03-2016 11:48 AM)carol Wrote:  Examine yourself to see why you are so offended by the words "honey, sweetie and darling-" if said to you by a gay person... and if you are willing to, examine yourself to see what makes you feel the way that you do about gay people.

And this prompts the question whether or not those terms coming from a woman who is not his "honey", "darling", or "sweetie" herself would arouse (pardon the word) the same reaction.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
16-03-2016, 09:58 PM
I think Shane may be asking a question that would have better to have been asked in the Personal Issues thread. No?
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post