Homosexuality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2014, 06:21 AM
Homosexuality
I don't really find it much relevant with the gay gene theory, mostly the same way if some would say straight gene. Its mostly something that someone finds out what one prefer when they grow older. But i don't think its right to mistreat someone just because they prefer someone from the same gender.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ZeroX3's post
14-09-2014, 06:38 AM
RE: Homosexuality
I'm bisexual. As far back as my memory goes (think "first grade"), I've felt attracted to people of both genders. If there's not a gene or group of genes that manages this, it's something pretty damn close to that.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
15-09-2014, 06:24 AM
Whatever it is, it exists in your physical brain, and something physical causes that. I suppose it's possible it's not genetic or not fully genetic, but it almost certainly has a physical cause.

It'd be nice to find a cause if for no other reason than to shut up the souls/free will crowd from saying "God doesn't make people gay". Although, I'm afraid if we ever figured out a way to isolate the cause, it would immediately be followed by people trying to "fix the problem".
15-09-2014, 06:31 AM
Even if it's a free choice thing, why the fuck not? What's with all these losers saying "it ain't natural" or "it's your free choice". So. the. fuck. what? It's not fucken natural to drive in a motorcar Rolleyes

I'd *love* it if assholes would just butt out of things that don't concern them. I'd love some icecream right now too but I don't got any. Fukken shitty world Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 13 users Like morondog's post
15-09-2014, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2014 07:39 AM by BlackMason.)
I watched this kinda boring documentary with a lot of sciencey jargon. I did manage to get through it though. I felt that I had gained something.

There's a theory that scientists are working on. They have observed that the more older brothers a male has, the more likely it is for him to be gay. The explanation for this was that the female body recognises a male foetus as an "intruder". It attacks the foetus and the resultant effect of the increased hormones makes the child homosexual. As with most things, the more the body does it, the better it gets. So having many male children makes the female body really good at attacking newer foetuses.

There's another theory that deals with 2d:4d digit length. We're talking finger length. 2d refers to the index finger after the thumb and 4d is the third after the thumb being the fourth finger. Males generally have a longer 4d when compared to their 2d. With women it's the other way around. They've apparently done some studies and have seen that homosexual women's hands have a configurations similar to that of males. They have longer 4ds than what would be normal for women.

Also women are more susceptible to environmental factors in determining sexual orientation than men.

Homosexuality is also not only observed in humans. There are many animals that display homosexual behaviour. The problem with this is that we cannot use human reasoning for sexuality to determine what it is these animals get out of it. There was a U.S. Supreme Court case Lawrence V Texas where it was established that homosexuality is natural by observing other animals.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
15-09-2014, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2014 09:03 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(15-09-2014 06:24 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Whatever it is, it exists in your physical brain, and something physical causes that. I suppose it's possible it's not genetic or not fully genetic, but it almost certainly has a physical cause.

It'd be nice to find a cause if for no other reason than to shut up the souls/free will crowd from saying "God doesn't make people gay". Although, I'm afraid if we ever figured out a way to isolate the cause, it would immediately be followed by people trying to "fix the problem".

It could be epigenetic. It's likely not genetic, directly. There is a theory that a "hormone wash" occurs during pregnancy, (or some pregnancies ?) however the fact that off-spring AFTER the first male (as I recall) are more likely to be gay, than the first child, would indicate that something complex and physical is operating. Whatever it is, we know it's not a "choice", AND we know human sexual behaviors, (as all do) exist on a Bell distribution.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-09-2014, 10:07 AM
(15-09-2014 07:27 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  There was a U.S. Supreme Court case Lawrence V Texas where it was established that homosexuality is natural by observing other animals.

Interesting stuff. Sounds great.

But i would be careful with getting morals from animals, now we can say that its natural for them to do it. But in some cases not everything animals does is good for humans to do. For example, for some animals it is natural to eat their own feces, which would probably be a bad habbit if humans did the same thing :/

But homosexuality in general doesn't hurt anyone. Its a matter of consent relationship. So in that factor, its not much of a big deal in my opinion. Just a shame religion can't bury the hatchet and just accept it already. Been too much debates about this without any progress to say the least.
15-09-2014, 10:43 AM
ZeroX3, if the argument is that "unnatural=immoral", then showing that it is natural invalidates the argument. Saying that being natural doesn't make it moral is irrelevant, unless you (or others) can put forth another (non-religious) argument. I have yet to see a consistent non-religious argument against homosexual relationships.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
15-09-2014, 10:59 AM
How can anything be unnatural? Are humans not part of nature, and subject to the laws of nature?
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
15-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Quote:ZeroX3, if the argument is that "unnatural=immoral", then showing that it is natural invalidates the argument. Saying that being natural doesn't make it moral is irrelevant, unless you (or others) can put forth another (non-religious) argument. I have yet to see a consistent non-religious argument against homosexual relationships.
I am not against gay marriage. I was just giving an example that one shouldn't imitate animals in everything they do, which is why i compared that bit. But there are traditions and norms that people still hold, which is the reason why people have not burried the hatchet on this whole homosexuality debate, i am kinda tired that we in 2014 still have to discuss this, when there's nothing wrong if a person prefer its own gender. If one feels gay, which is just natural. Then thats perfectly ok.
(15-09-2014 10:59 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  How can anything be unnatural? Are humans not part of nature, and subject to the laws of nature?
Interesting question. I will assume nature is around us. I don't even know what unatural means. Unless if one would relate to. "Its not natural in a sense of what we feel is natural", in other words. What we think is fit to do.

But you raise a good question there.

Maybe they should change the word into something else since nature is just nature Big Grin