Homosexuality and AIDS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2014, 01:22 PM
Homosexuality and AIDS
I need help with something. For months I remember my dad saying homosexuals are evil because they are the ones who spread aids and that god made aids to punish those who disobeyed. Anyone have advice on how to refute this?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2014, 01:25 PM
RE: Homosexuality and AIDS
Considering HIV can be transmitted to people who aren't homosexual might be an indication of flawed thinking.

Seriously, it's been decades since it was referred as gay cancer or GRID.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-09-2014, 01:29 PM
Well, how many diseases do heterosexuals transmit? All of them is the correct answer. By your father's logic diseases are god's way of punishing the human race because...well, because he's so loving and merciful I suppose. Rolleyes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
18-09-2014, 01:29 PM
(18-09-2014 01:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Considering HIV can be transmitted to people who aren't homosexual might be an indication of flawed thinking.

Seriously, it's been decades since it was referred as gay cancer or GRID.

I know, but it seems as if he blames homosexuals for aids in the first place, he said this when he tried to say morality is from god and I said it is not because I think homosexuality is fine and he does not.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
18-09-2014, 01:31 PM
(18-09-2014 01:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Well, how many diseases do heterosexuals transmit? All of them is the correct answer. By your father's logic diseases are god's way of punishing the human race because...well, because he's so loving and merciful I suppose. Rolleyes

If only it where that easy, he says other diseases don't count because they can be cured and AIDS can't.

18-09-2014, 01:32 PM
It also isn't only contracted by sexual transmission. It con be given through bodily fluids like blood. So cursing homosexuals for something not always spread by sex is illogical, and is a near analogue to Hitler saying the Jews were at fault.

(Godwin's law FTW)
18-09-2014, 01:34 PM
(18-09-2014 01:31 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(18-09-2014 01:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Well, how many diseases do heterosexuals transmit? All of them is the correct answer. By your father's logic diseases are god's way of punishing the human race because...well, because he's so loving and merciful I suppose. Rolleyes

If only it where that easy, he says other diseases don't count because they can be cured and AIDS can't.

Ebola infection can't be cured, either. Checkmate fuckhead theists.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
18-09-2014, 01:35 PM
(18-09-2014 01:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-09-2014 01:31 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  If only it where that easy, he says other diseases don't count because they can be cured and AIDS can't.

Ebola infection can't be cured, either. Checkmate fuckhead theists.

True, if this is something from human to human I can use this.

18-09-2014, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2014 02:02 PM by Can_of_Beans.)
(18-09-2014 01:22 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I need help with something. For months I remember my dad saying homosexuals are evil because they are the ones who spread aids and that god made aids to punish those who disobeyed. Anyone have advice on how to refute this?

I believe receptive anal sex is the highest risk sexual activity as far as HIV transmission is concerned. But...that's not limited to just gay men. It applies to heterosexual women as well.

Lesbian HIV/AIDS transmission on the other hand is very rare.

So when you consider that heterosexual women have a higher risk of getting AIDS than lesbian women, the "punishment for homosexuals" idea kind of falls apart.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 4 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
18-09-2014, 01:40 PM
(18-09-2014 01:31 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

Incurable diseases:

10. Ebola
9. Polio
8. Lupus Erythematosus
7. Influenza
6. Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease
5. Diabetes
4. HIV/AIDS
3. Asthma
2. Cancer
1. The Common Cold

1A. Stupidity

http://www.honeycolony.com/article/top-t...-diseases/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post