Homosexuality and AIDS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2014, 01:45 PM
RE: Homosexuality and AIDS
(18-09-2014 01:39 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(18-09-2014 01:22 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I need help with something. For months I remember my dad saying homosexuals are evil because they are the ones who spread aids and that god made aids to punish those who disobeyed. Anyone have advice on how to refute this?

I believe receptive anal sex is the highest risk sexual activity as far as HIV transmission is concerned. But...that's not limited to just gay men. It applies to heterosexual women as well.

Lesbians HIV/AIDS transmission on the other hand is very rare.

So when you consider that heterosexual women have a higher risk of getting AIDS than lesbian women, the "punishment for homosexuals" idea kind of falls apart.

Jebus likes girl-girl sex, but thinks boy-boy is gross. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
18-09-2014, 02:13 PM
(18-09-2014 01:22 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I need help with something. For months I remember my dad saying homosexuals are evil because they are the ones who spread aids and that god made aids to punish those who disobeyed. Anyone have advice on how to refute this?

HIV is a known, many-century-old (proven by DNA) African monkey disease. It was first brought out of Africa by STRAIGHT truckers, who interacted with (female) prostitutes when the improved African highway system allowed for frequent transportation access, in the Congo. If his "god made aids for homosexuals" why wasn't he frickin' smart enough to "design" it so straight people couldn't get it ? Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-09-2014, 02:22 PM
HIV positive doesn't mean aids exclusively. It only refers to being immune system compromised.

The underlying cause (hepatitis, aids, or whatever else) is determined by other symptoms.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-09-2014, 02:56 PM
The cause is the bad media and cultural attack against Aids and gays in the 80s.

It was just prevalent early on in people having gay sex back then because the underground culture, since homosexuality was publicly shunned still, lead to lots of casual sexual encounters.

I would figure the statistics of those HIV+ across the world today are close to equal from homosexual to heterosexual.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
18-09-2014, 04:27 PM

Does your dad have a beard?

Phil Robertson Thinks AIDS Is God’s ‘Penalty’ for ‘Immoral’ Gay Conduct

“God says, ‘One woman, one man,’ and everyone says, ‘Oh, that’s old hat, that’s that old Bible stuff,’”

Pretentious fuck don't even bother to read his own scripture. Pretty sure Solomon had like 700 wives and David had like at least 7 wives, a shitload of fuck buddies. and a few goats.

Help me out here Bucky or GoodWithoutGod or Fulton. Does it say "one woman, one man" anywhere in the fucking Babble?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
18-09-2014, 04:52 PM
(18-09-2014 04:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

“God says, ‘One woman, one man,’ and everyone says, ‘Oh, that’s old hat, that’s that old Bible stuff,’”

Pretentious fuck don't even bother to read his own scripture. Pretty sure Solomon had like 700 wives and David had like at least 7 wives, a shitload of fuck buddies. and a few goats.

Help me out here Bucky or GoodWithoutGod or Fulton. Does it say "one woman, one man" anywhere in the fucking Babble?

Well, it does say "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

So, there's that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-09-2014, 05:03 PM
(18-09-2014 04:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-09-2014 04:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Does your dad have a beard?

Well, it does say "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

So, there's that.

Yeah, that verse kept me a believer. Hawt. Drinking Beverage

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-09-2014, 05:29 PM
(18-09-2014 04:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Yes he has a beard.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
18-09-2014, 07:58 PM
(18-09-2014 02:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

HIV is a known, many-century-old (proven by DNA) African monkey disease. It was first brought out of Africa by STRAIGHT truckers, who interacted with (female) prostitutes when the improved African highway system allowed for frequent transportation access, in the Congo. If his "god made aids for homosexuals" why wasn't he frickin' smart enough to "design" it so straight people couldn't get it ? Facepalm

Just to add to your post, primates have SIV (Simian Immunodeficiency Virus). One prevalent hypothesis is that a mutated strain of this passed from a primate to humans through the consumption of bush meat. Homosexuals have nothing to do with it.
18-09-2014, 08:35 PM
(18-09-2014 05:29 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(18-09-2014 04:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Does your dad have a beard?

Yes he has a beard.

Nope. Marriage in the OT had many definitions. Man + woman + her slaves + his brother's widow + who knows... many different iterations. So no. It never says that.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post