Homosexuality and child abuse correlation?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2013, 03:12 AM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2013 07:45 AM by kingschosen.)
Homosexuality and child abuse correlation?
ADMIN EDIT 1: AS A REMINDER, THE ONLY DISCUSSION ON THIS TOPIC IS SUPPORT FOR THOSE AFFECTED AND CONDEMNATION OF IT OR THOSE DOING IT. ANY SUPPORT OF PEDOPHILIA WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND WILL BE REMOVED WITH THE POSTER FACING THE CONSEQUENCES. I HOPE THIS IS CLEAR.

ADMIN EDIT 2: THREAD IS BEING CLOSED. THIS TOPIC HAS PROVED TO BE TOO MUCH FOR TTA; THEREFORE, WE ARE NOT EVEN GOING TO APPROACH THE TOPIC. IT CAUSES TOO MUCH CONTROVERSY.

As an atheist, I frequently read about pedophile priest scandals on atheist blogs and websites (always seem to be at least 2-3 per week Blink ). All that time, I've never actually given these stories a second thought because they occur so damn frequently. However, recently a friend of mine posted this article on Facebook, and it greatly disturbed me. http://patdollard.com/2013/07/it-begins-...mosexuals/

I realized that most of the time, the victims of pedophile clergy were in fact of the same sex and the cries of outrage and hate were mainly targeted at gay people. I began doing a massive Google search on the topics of homosexuality, pedophilia and the correlation between them. What I found was less than comforting. I remember article after article noting that pedophilia was found extremely frequently among homosexuals. This video gave me momentary relief http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV5PbrTySxY but the comments really made me second guess his validity...

Just to clarify before I go any further, I identify myself as being a homosexual man and as far as I can remember, I've always been sexually attracted to men. I can honestly say that I have NEVER EVER EVER been attracted to a child before in my life. (big muscles, broad shoulders... not fricking tiny and androgynous)

As a person who began my path to atheism by rejecting religion for its intolerance and hatred towards people like me, I really really need some peace of mind regarding this issue. I am NOT a bloody pedophile. I know this, but other homosexuals...

I've always struggled with myself, at one point even thinking of suicide because I believed myself to be subhuman. I just need concrete evidence to show me what is really going on. Is there really something intrinsically wrong with homosexuals that we have such a high predilection for pedophilia? Is all this hatred and intolerance toward gay people really rational and justified after all?

Sorry for the long post...I'm new to the whole forum thing. I understand that internet culture today dictates that I present a picture of a potato after a long post?

http://www.freeimageslive.com/galleries/...to0730.jpg
Find all posts by this user
02-08-2013, 12:45 PM
RE: Homosexuality and pedophilia correlation?
Here's a scholarly treatise on the topic from UC Davis.

Are homosexual adults in general sexually attracted to children and are preadolescent children at greater risk of molestation from homosexual adults than from heterosexual adults? There is no reason to believe so. The research to date all points to there being no significant relationship between a homosexual lifestyle and child molestation. There appears to be practically no reportage of sexual molestation of girls by lesbian adults, and the adult male who sexually molests young boys is not likely to be homosexual (Groth & Gary, 1982, p. 147).

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-08-2013, 12:51 PM
My mother-in-law posted that first article you link. That guy is a goddamn nutjob asshole. My wife looked him up. Apparently his own sister said of him that "he is too evil to die."

That article says that there is some group of psychologists, therapists, and counselors, who are apparently admitted pedophiles, who are trying to get the DSM to remove pedophilia as a mental disorder by claiming they did the same thing in the 70's when they removed homosexuality from the DSM.

Let's say the story is true and that group exists. The DSM doesn't honor requests like that. The evidence is not in their favor either. And the whole damn article is a non sequitor to boot.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
02-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Homosexuality refers to a flavour of consenting interaction. Pedophilia does not.

Both desires may well coexist in an individual. I can see no cause for them to be particularly correlated; and indeed, such are the findings just mentioned.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
02-08-2013, 01:46 PM
From what I gather, most pedophilic "relationships" are between a man and a boy, but I think that's because boys are easier to get close to than girls. This doesn't mean that pedophiles are more attracted to boys; it's a matter of convenience.

If there are genuine homosexuals who go after kids, I would think it's generally out of desperation rather than them wanting to have sex with a kid. I had a gay friend who, at about 15, supposedly tried to molest his young cousin, but he's also from a pretty religious family, so I can see why he might've been desperate enough to go after a child.

In response to that ignorant article, pedophilia is not a sexual orientation. Pedophilia is rooted in control and domination, not sex... much like rape. Are we gonna start giving rapists their own sexual orientation? I think not.

That article is more intended to defame the gay community rather than it is to support pedophiles. Fuck that guy... in his ass.

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

- Bertrand Russel
[+] 1 user Likes eksyte's post
02-08-2013, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2013 11:09 AM by Bucky Ball.)
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/ht...ation.html
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/ht...raphy.html
http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/c...0-2010.pdf

Here's some links.
There is a difference between a psychopathy and a mental illness. (Neither one is an "orientation").
The implied correlation in the article is outright dishonesty, and not supported by the science.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-08-2013, 03:41 PM
RE: Homosexuality and child abuse correlation?
When thinking of the abuse of boys by priests, I am reminded of prisons. Prisons are infamous for sexual acts between men who are otherwise heterosexual. In many cases, the acts are committed by men in a position of power (through gang affiliations or general seniority) against younger, more vulnerable men. It isn't that prisons turn people gay - most of the men were never homosexual - but because of two things. Firstly, in higher level security prisons, status is important to people. Sexual acts can be solely a dominance thing. Secondly, prisons are divided by sex and so men are what is available, since many men don't have spouses and access to conjugal visits, and prisons don't allow prostitutes. Power, restrictions on interactions, and having only men available.

I think sex offender priests are much the same. It is a combination of being in a position of power in the community, the expectations of celibacy, and that most churches only have boys volunteering, where they are put in a vulnerable position.

I would argue that it isn't homosexuality that produces pedophilia, but the church itself.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 3 users Like Elesjei's post
19-08-2013, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2013 11:15 AM by No Mere Ape.)
This was quite depressing to read. I'll call your attention to two things here:

1) Firstly, homosexuality has nothing to do with pedophilia.

Homosexuality is not an "illness"; it's a natural phenomena. There's no "correlation" between pedophilia and homosexuality, either in biology or psychology. As a deviance, it's no more common among homosexuals than among heterosexuals.

2) The second part of the problem here is the assumption that pedophilia is a "male" thing.

It's not. Pedophilia is as common among women as it is among men. Within the religious community, nuns in Britain and in the United States have been caught sexually abusing children as well as being involved in large-scale child trafficking. This isn't a new occurrence, some convents have disturbing histories. Outside of religion, you don't hear much about it because investigations into female pedophilia are either minimized, censored or even blocked because it's "politically incorrect". See here: http://nomereape.tumblr.com/post/5861967...f-children

My blog: http://nomereape.tumblr.com/
19-08-2013, 11:11 AM
(19-08-2013 11:06 AM)No Mere Ape Wrote:  This was quite depressing to read. I'll call your attention to two things here:

1) Firstly, homosexuality has nothing to do with pedophilia.

Homosexuality is not an "illness"; it's a natural phenomena. There's no "correlation" between pedophilia and homosexuality, either in biology or psychology. As a deviance, it's no more common among homosexuals than among heterosexuals.

2) The second part of the problem here is the assumption that pedophilia is a "male" thing.

It's not.

Within the religious community, nuns in Britain and in the United States have been caught sexually abusing children as well as being involved in child trafficking. This isn't a new occurrence, some convents have disturbing histories.

Outside of religion, investigations into female pedophilia are either minimized, censored or even blocked because it's "politically incorrect". Accepting that men don't have a monopoly on evil will kill the framework used to reinforce the idea that pedophilia and rape are about "control" or "dominance". See here: http://nomereape.tumblr.com/post/5861967...f-children

Thanks for the link.
Here's one I use to support the "natural phenomenon" statement.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/200...122106.htm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Quote:I understand that internet culture today dictates that I present a picture of a potato after a long post?

That's only for when you post a terrible quality picture. "Did you take the picture with a potato or something?"

Back to the topic at hand.

99% of pedophiles are men. MRA heads explode.

99% of pedophiles are "white". Heads at Stormfront explode.

You know what to do Drinking Beverage Beat_stick
Thread Closed