Homosexuality and child abuse correlation?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2013, 07:37 AM
RE: Homosexuality and child abuse correlation?
(19-08-2013 06:12 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  
Quote:I understand that internet culture today dictates that I present a picture of a potato after a long post?

That's only for when you post a terrible quality picture. "Did you take the picture with a potato or something?"

Back to the topic at hand.

99% of pedophiles are men. MRA heads explode.

99% of pedophiles are "white". Heads at Stormfront explode.

You know what to do Drinking Beverage Beat_stick

Yeah, I know what to do - ask you for evidence of those claims.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-08-2013, 09:14 AM
(20-08-2013 07:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-08-2013 06:12 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  That's only for when you post a terrible quality picture. "Did you take the picture with a potato or something?"

Back to the topic at hand.

99% of pedophiles are men. MRA heads explode.

99% of pedophiles are "white". Heads at Stormfront explode.

You know what to do Drinking Beverage Beat_stick

Yeah, I know what to do - ask you for evidence of those claims.

[Image: 543872_517052841704468_1942794302_n.jpg]

Vote Lynch PoolboyG .... whoops wrong thread Tongue

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
13-11-2013, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2013 12:04 PM by simgiran.)
(02-08-2013 01:46 PM)eksyte Wrote:  In response to that ignorant article, pedophilia is not a sexual orientation. Pedophilia is rooted in control and domination, not sex... much like rape. Are we gonna start giving rapists their own sexual orientation? I think not.

Pedophilia isn't rooted in control and domination. Pedophilies aren't aroused by the fantasy of controlling or dominating children, unless they are sadistic pedophiles or so. My experience is, that pedophiles see children as equal beings to them, they like to see themselves in position of friends of children than in position of authority. In contrast with some adults who think children have to follow their orders because they are adults and children are not. Also pedophiles typically have romantic feelings towards children.

The article is ignorant, but instead of attacking real ignorant claims, you add new ones.

edit: But maybe there is a problem in terminology. There are people who are erotically attracted to children, those are pedophiles, regardless of whether they engage in sexuals with children or not. There are people who are not attracted to children, but who choose children for the purpose of engaging in sexual activities with them, because it's easier for them, they are aroused by controlling someone, dominating someone, those are not pedophiles. Engaging in sexual activities with children is wrong, regardless of whether it's a pedophile engaging in them or not. end of edit

Anyway, I thought discussion about pedophilia was not allowed here. But obviously the rule isn't abided. And it's kind of weird, when there is an alert saying "We have our own truth, we don't want to hear any other opinions." (Well, it does not, but I read it this way, otherwise I don't know what support of pedophilia means. You don't turn people into pedophiles by saying that some things that are considered a common sense about pedophilia are wrong.) Yes, attack pedophiles and ban 'em if they defend themselves. (Or anyone who says that the claims about pedophiles are not correct.)

To OP: Homosexuals don't have predilections for pedophilia. Homosexual teleiophiles (which is what we usually mean by the word homosexuals) are oriented towards adult people of the same sex, pedophiles are oriented towards children of the same sex, opposite sex or both. It's not that homosexual pedophiles are gays or lesbians attracted to children. Pedophiles can be non-exclusive, attracted somewhat to adults too, but also one doesn't have to be exclusively oriented to people of the same sex, but can be somewhat attracted to people of the opposite sex too. And there are people, who are attracted to adult women and also to young boys for example. If you think, that homosexual pedophiles are people who are attracted both to people of the same sex and also to children and therefore they are attracted the most to those, who are both of the same sex and children, then existence of people attracted both to adult women and young boys, but not to adult men, doesn't make sense. Also there are very significant differences between adult men and prepubescent boys, for example in body size, facial hair, pubic hair, body hair, voice, shape of face, odor, amount of muscles etc. Young boys are in many ways much more similar to young girls. (However, most of pedophiles strongly prefer one sex and aren't much or at all attracted to children of the other sex.)

I don't agree with the labeling of the offenders as straight and gay in the video, according to the logic used there, homosexuals, who lived or live in relationships with women because of public pressure, are straight. It should be divided to homosexuals, heterosexuals, homosexuals pedophiles and heterosexuals pedophiles (and maybe also hebephiles). But the fact remains, that the claim, that (offenders molesting boys):(offenders molesting girls) > homosexuals:heterosexuals means that being attracted to adults of the same sex makes you more risky for children., is false. It does not follow. Another fact is, that some of the offenders molesting boys are in fact gynecophiles (oriented towards adult women).
[+] 1 user Likes simgiran's post
13-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Homosexuality is not a symptom of any mental disorder, besides maybe the Oedipus Complex.

Nuff said.

Also, the vast majority of child abusers and pedophiles are married, white, males.
13-11-2013, 04:26 PM
(13-11-2013 03:24 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Homosexuality is not a symptom of any mental disorder, besides maybe the Oedipus Complex.

Nuff said.

Also, the vast majority of child abusers and pedophiles are married, white, males.

The Oedipus complex (as almost all of Freud's work) has been pretty thoroughly debunked. Freud is over 100 years out of date and nearly none of his ideas are still in play other than talking therapy and even that is not really en vogue these days as it takes many many years to show any results and even then they are mixed. He is the Father of Modern psychology as he started the scientific inquiry but that is really the only thing that is left of his legacy.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
13-11-2013, 05:55 PM
(13-11-2013 04:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 03:24 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Homosexuality is not a symptom of any mental disorder, besides maybe the Oedipus Complex.

Nuff said.

The Oedipus complex (as almost all of Freud's work) has been pretty thoroughly debunked. Freud is over 100 years out of date and nearly none of his ideas are still in play other than talking therapy and even that is not really en vogue these days as it takes many many years to show any results and even then they are mixed. He is the Father of Modern psychology as he started the scientific inquiry but that is really the only thing that is left of his legacy.

Thank you for giving us a useless anecdote that anyone who knew Freud's work would be aware of. Also, thank you for seeing a post that agrees with the consensus of the thread and going out of your way to nitpick a side comment that was altogether nonessential to the meaning of the post.

Thank you.
13-11-2013, 06:37 PM
(13-11-2013 05:55 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 04:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The Oedipus complex (as almost all of Freud's work) has been pretty thoroughly debunked. Freud is over 100 years out of date and nearly none of his ideas are still in play other than talking therapy and even that is not really en vogue these days as it takes many many years to show any results and even then they are mixed. He is the Father of Modern psychology as he started the scientific inquiry but that is really the only thing that is left of his legacy.

Thank you for giving us a useless anecdote that anyone who knew Freud's work would be aware of. Also, thank you for seeing a post that agrees with the consensus of the thread and going out of your way to nitpick a side comment that was altogether nonessential to the meaning of the post.

Thank you.

Your most welcome anytime. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
13-11-2013, 06:58 PM
OP: you don't need to justify your feelings or orientation based on other people who happen to share traits with you. I agree with the previous poster that said that the church promotes pedophilia far more than homosexuality does. Yes, there are pedophiles who are gay. There are also straight men who are pedophiles. There are also gay men who torture animals, and commit murder, and cheat, and lie, and steal, just like straight men, straight women, black men, white woman, and everyone else under the sun. They don't determine who you are as a person, and you can't feel responsible for their shortcomings as human beings.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
13-11-2013, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2013 08:05 PM by sporehux.)
While I have no evidence to support my "theory" and I'm not interested in researching it, common sense tells me that if a Homosexual male/female (sticking to males> only targeting little boys for augments sake).

Is not Living true to their nature, as in being gay or having an "experiment" and moving on. Either by self denial or environmental religious pressure to deny their orientation.
Then a perfect storm could erupt at a moment of "opportunity/madness".
This correlates to the fact that practically nil child abuse cases involve openly gay men.

Not defending these monsters, but if they had dealt with their urges in a non-homophobic / self denial environment then some or many or possibly most of them would have moved to a gay lifestyle or experimented and reaffirmed their heterosexual orientation.

There are obvious exceptions, but my conclusion is that in a secular society with no anti homo agenda, its probably that many of the possible monsters will not turn the wrong way at a moral crossroad, and be Gay instead of violently acting out against it.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
14-11-2013, 12:44 AM
(02-08-2013 01:46 PM)eksyte Wrote:  Pedophilia is rooted in control and domination, not sex... much like rape.

False and false. That is true only of a subset of pedophiles and rapists.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
Thread Closed