Homosexuality, and what the Bible says about it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Homosexuality, and what the Bible says about it.
Debate time!
What irritates me most is when people use the Bible against gays. People now-a-days obviously can't read inbetween the lines, or pay in-depth attention to anything as 'riotful' as such a topic as this.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2011, 03:15 PM
RE: Homosexuality, and what the Bible says about it.
(26-10-2011 10:31 AM)itsFerdinand Wrote:  Debate time!
What irritates me most is when people use the Bible against gays. People now-a-days obviously can't read inbetween the lines, or pay in-depth attention to anything as 'riotful' as such a topic as this.

Gotta admit that it really pisses me off as well. Same as when people use it against women.

I just wanna slap everyone who uses the Bible to discriminate and shout 'it's not still the fucking bronze age you retarded prick, anyway if what the Bible says is set in stone then why do you shave, eat shellfish, do anything other than pray on the sabbath and not sacrifice 50 animals a day, that's all forbidden in the Bible too!'.

What irritates me even more is when people actually try and claim that they are being discriminated against if they aren't allowed to discriminate! We've had that a few times over here in England. There was a Christian couple in the news a while back who owned a B&B and refused to give a room to a gay couple. When they were done for discrimination they claimed that as Christians they were being discriminated against and having their rights infringed if they weren't allowed to discriminate against gays! I was so glad when they were laughed out of court with a massive fine!

Dara O'Briain was right with his idea of how to deal with people like that. We should put them in a sack, tie the top of the sack with string, and then hit it with a big stick Big Grin!

What really irritates me is that my family all accuse me of being uncaring because I vote Conservative and certain members of my family insinuate that a lack of religion can cause a lack of morals yet they all think that people should be allowed to discriminate on religious grounds! I mean what the fuck!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
26-10-2011, 07:22 PM
(26-10-2011 03:15 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  What irritates me even more is when people actually try and claim that they are being discriminated against if they aren't allowed to discriminate! We've had that a few times over here in England. There was a Christian couple in the news a while back who owned a B&B and refused to give a room to a gay couple. When they were done for discrimination they claimed that as Christians they were being discriminated against and having their rights infringed if they weren't allowed to discriminate against gays! I was so glad when they were laughed out of court with a massive fine!

Wonder how they'd feel if they tried to get a room at an atheist-owned B&B and were turned away because they were Christians.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 5 users Like cufflink's post
26-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Moved.

(did this thread really seem like it belonged in the "Positive Atheism" section?)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
26-10-2011, 11:11 PM
I never quite believed how in depth this was until I moved to a small town a couple years ago. When I tried to inquire and show this lack of moral judgement I realized some people akin it to alcoholism and even other physical diseases. It was the first time I heard about 'pray the gay away'. Blew me away!

Gay is another form of love.
I didn't know alcohol, cancer and heart disease were other forms of love too Confused
[+] 4 users Like LadyJane's post
27-10-2011, 06:18 AM
A lot of women rights people are Christians which is why I'm laughing. I'm not gay and I don't like gays but no one really has the rights to challenge it, why did god created them if he's all-knowing?

Simple, he doesn't exist.
[+] 2 users Like William's post
27-10-2011, 09:09 AM

This subject, pisses me off. I'm a bisexual female & a lot of people despise me for it. It's like bro, I can't help that I have something that goes off in my head that says, "DAMN! I WANT TO HIT THAT!", whenever I see a male/female. I love dick. I love vagina. Get the hell over it, & accept someone for who they are & not what they believe in, for once. Fuck!
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like calmyourtitsbro's post
27-10-2011, 09:30 AM
When people tell me that the Bible says homosexuality is a sin, I jump to the lecture. It's all biblical ignorance and miscomprehension, really.

What irritates me most is when people use the bible against gays; claiming that the verse of Leviticus, 18:22 and 20:13, oppose homosexuality. Leviticus was written back in the day when the old testament came about. Though it is included in the new testament that Christians of this day follow, a lot of people do not realize that Leviticus was written as part of a Holiness Code; which was a list of behaviors people of that time (the time of the old testament) found offensive and inappropriate. The code was written for PRIESTS only, and its primary intent was to cause disorder between the Priests of Israel and the Priests of opposite cultures.

I'm no Christian. Just done my research, is all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes itsFerdinand's post
27-10-2011, 12:12 PM
(26-10-2011 10:31 AM)itsFerdinand Wrote:  Debate time!

Yah it pisses me off that people keep reading in between the lines of their holy scriptures instead of FINALLY realizing its bronze age bull shit, and chucking it in the bin.
27-10-2011, 01:30 PM
(26-10-2011 07:22 PM)cufflink Wrote:  
(26-10-2011 03:15 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  What irritates me even more is when people actually try and claim that they are being discriminated against if they aren't allowed to discriminate! We've had that a few times over here in England. There was a Christian couple in the news a while back who owned a B&B and refused to give a room to a gay couple. When they were done for discrimination they claimed that as Christians they were being discriminated against and having their rights infringed if they weren't allowed to discriminate against gays! I was so glad when they were laughed out of court with a massive fine!

Wonder how they'd feel if they tried to get a room at an atheist-owned B&B and were turned away because they were Christians.
For some reason that reminds me of the B&B scene on Borat. Funny stuff.