Homosexuality, and what the Bible says about it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2011, 10:42 PM
RE: Homosexuality, and what the Bible says about it.
(14-11-2011 09:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(12-11-2011 11:34 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(12-11-2011 11:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Same sex behaviors are observed in every specie on the planet, (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/200...2106.htm), and speaking of evolutionary biology, why is this trait so constant in the history of (at least), our species ? It must be useful for something, or it would have been selected out, millions of years ago. If you think putting "tab 'a' into slot 'b' is all there is to sex, I feel sorry for your partners. Sad
Mary Palm ain't got no feelings. Tongue

Why? War. Reproduction is tab a slot b - making love is... not an appropriate topic for this forum. Wink

Not an appropriate topic ? Says who ? The thread was not "what causes reproduction to occur ?", And anyway, there are so many ways to initiate reproduction these days, (and with 7 billion people on the planet who needs more?), that reproduction is a straw man in this argument. Dodgy

Says I that's who the fuck who. I just reproduced! Big Grin

Don't give me that straw man shit. Come in here with a bunch of capitals like you know something. War. That's the fucking answer. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Look... I really don't care.. homosexuals usually keep to themselves and keep their business to themselves..

If you like some cock up yer ass.. that's your business not mine.. and I could care less.. why we spin wheels over it's morality and religion and so forth is beyond me.. I really don' t care..

All I care about is my own business.. I love women.... even though they can be bitchy at times.. I still love them bitches.. period..

To each his or her own business.. mind your own..

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post
17-11-2011, 12:18 PM
This is something that I often debate about with people. I'd say most of the people that I speak too at university in Britain don't believe in God. I think it's interesting that when this subject is brought up they start to quote the bible. Does anyone else find this?

Another thing I hear is "It's not natural." I have two refutations to this. The first, is ok so before you came to talk to me by waking up this morning in a bed, you put on clothes, you cooked some food using an oven, you left the house which you live, you got into your car, you drove on roads to your place of work where you get paid money in exchange for food, then drove home and I visited and we started this debate. It's hard to find something in your day too day that is natural. Second, when has nature being a good place to look for moral guidance? If you had just slept with your girlfriend and she said "ok now I have to eat you because I saw thats what some mantis do naturally" you would refute your own argument very quickly.

We can not legislate against things an individual or group is personally repulsed by if none of the people involved are harmed and are consenting adults. I personally find the thought of gay sex repulsive, my gay friend finds heterosexual sex repulsive, this is one of those "derrr" moments where people relise because that's what makes him gay and me straight. I wouldn't want him to legislate on his repulsion so how can I legislate in accordance to mine? The answer is if I hold, like all good human beings should, that we should promote equality: I cannot and no-one should.

Please read my Blog
"A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence"
- David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes BCollingwood's post
17-11-2011, 02:31 PM
(17-11-2011 12:18 PM)BCollingwood Wrote:  This is something that I often debate about with people. I'd say most of the people that I speak too at university in Britain don't believe in God. I think it's interesting that when this subject is brought up they start to quote the bible. Does anyone else find this?

Another thing I hear is "It's not natural." I have two refutations to this. The first, is ok so before you came to talk to me by waking up this morning in a bed, you put on clothes, you cooked some food using an oven, you left the house which you live, you got into your car, you drove on roads to your place of work where you get paid money in exchange for food, then drove home and I visited and we started this debate. It's hard to find something in your day too day that is natural. Second, when has nature being a good place to look for moral guidance? If you had just slept with your girlfriend and she said "ok now I have to eat you because I saw thats what some mantis do naturally" you would refute your own argument very quickly.

We can not legislate against things an individual or group is personally repulsed by if none of the people involved are harmed and are consenting adults. I personally find the thought of gay sex repulsive, my gay friend finds heterosexual sex repulsive, this is one of those "derrr" moments where people relise because that's what makes him gay and me straight. I wouldn't want him to legislate on his repulsion so how can I legislate in accordance to mine? The answer is if I hold, like all good human beings should, that we should promote equality: I cannot and no-one should.

Back to the Bible (Original discussion) The killing of gay men in O.T. times could have been because of many STI s ( no anti biotics) impacting seriously on the population.

As for anal sex....man/man, man /woman, due to cuts in the anal wall disease is transferred much easier, in general, than vaginal or oral sex.

How either sex, sexes, bi, trangender, gay, straight enjoy their sexuality is their concern, providing it does not impact in terms of affecting the community as a whole as can be the case in gross promiscuity, where a multiplicity of infections, including AIDs may occur
17-11-2011, 02:38 PM
My first encounter with homophobia came when my brother told me to take down the image of Parker Stevenson from my wall. All I knew then was Hardy Boys, and whoever he was, he was doing it better than I was. Living, that is.

From my American perspective, it is inchoate sexuality repressed by vague ethical standard - homophobia - which then becomes further codified by posturing of the young males in their peer groups. I do not consider "Bible" to have anything to do with it; males develop from group dramatization of alpha trials.

Women seem to use emotional sub-context for attraction, males use the same to ward off rivals.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
17-11-2011, 06:05 PM
(17-11-2011 02:31 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Back to the Bible (Original discussion) The killing of gay men in O.T. times could have been because of many STI s ( no anti biotics) impacting seriously on the population.

As for anal sex....man/man, man /woman, due to cuts in the anal wall disease is transferred much easier, in general, than vaginal or oral sex.

How either sex, sexes, bi, trangender, gay, straight enjoy their sexuality is their concern, providing it does not impact in terms of affecting the community as a whole as can be the case in gross promiscuity, where a multiplicity of infections, including AIDs may occur

Yes this maybe the reasons behind there killing of homosexuals but I think you give them too much credit. I think they like me thought gay sex repulsive so they just made it a crime punishable by death. I certainly don't think that they would have understood that anal sex can increase chances of disease they may have merely noticed the correlation as they did not have a germ theory of disease. I think it just comes down to personal revulsion and fear of the unknown. The pack mentality may have being if you don't understand it and it's disgusts us then it cannot be good and therefore is evil or a sin against God. Saying this it is very hard to understand the minds of those that have been dead for thousands of years.

Please read my Blog
"A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence"
- David Hume
19-11-2011, 11:15 PM
I think it might also have to due with a fear if a lack of procreation. When you are a member of a tribe numbers play a huge part in success. A lot of rules within the bible pertain to Christians surviving above all others. Even thou shall not kill is only meant as thou shall not kill other Christians.
It was all a numbers game as it is now.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
21-11-2011, 08:47 PM
(27-10-2011 01:56 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  
(27-10-2011 01:54 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(27-10-2011 01:52 PM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  You are aware that AIDS are not just homosexuals' fault right?

Yeah I never understood that. What's the whole thing with people linking homosexuals and aids. It's a STD and transmitted just the same as any other STD right?
True but it is more rampant in the gay community. There is no denying that. Its also easier to get it through anal sex. The studies are out there and the evidence speaks for itself. Like I said in my last post that philosophy can be applied to straight people. STD's are a consequence of sex outside/before marriage.

(27-10-2011 01:55 PM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  Well, "Jesus"..
AIDS can be generated in a marriage too.
So if 2 people are married that never had sex and only have sex with each other then how the heck are they getting AIDS?

Sorry but this I have to reply to this because there's some misconceptions in there. I understand that Jesus is christian... and the evidence you bring are only there because you never had the other side of the evidences. As a sociologist/behavioral psychologist I can guarantee you that marriage/versus unmarried people are not even near a factor of AIDS being spread. Why the gays have been spotted... because they were a small socially unaccepted community, and a clearly visible minority... The first person who died of AIDS was an homosexual, and this gave the confidence for all non-homosexual to believe that AIDS was only a gay disease, they felt immunized, until the day a heterosexual died of it. And yet, gays were the very first who raise up and educate others... where was those married christian whom at night goes in dark alley have sex with male prostitute... they we're back home sleeping with their wife and infecting them. Gays we're not the most dangerous for spreading of AIDS it was all the others who where having extra marital relationships, not knowing that they were infected... believing that only gays could contract AIDS. Those were the dangerous one... and it doesn't make a difference whether they were married or not. As an atheist marriage means totally nothing to me... you can be married for 10, 15, 20 years... and one day your human impulsion push you in somebody else's arms and it just happens that it was the wrong one.

There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as the Dark Ages.
22-11-2011, 03:50 AM
(26-10-2011 03:15 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  What irritates me even more is when people actually try and claim that they are being discriminated against if they aren't allowed to discriminate! We've had that a few times over here in England. There was a Christian couple in the news a while back who owned a B&B and refused to give a room to a gay couple. When they were done for discrimination they claimed that as Christians they were being discriminated against and having their rights infringed if they weren't allowed to discriminate against gays! I was so glad when they were laughed out of court with a massive fine!

Actually, I side with the couple on this, entirely. I can't even fathom how a government has a right to force a private business owner to serve people they don't wish to serve. And fine them for it no less. That's appalling.
If a business refused to serve me, I would not frequent that business. I would call on others to not use them. I would write scathing reviews, and I would make it known in the media that they discriminate.

But the GOVERNMENT forcing a PRIVATE business owner to take on customers they don't want? That's appalling. That's terrifying. That's tyrannical. That's 1984.

It doesn't matter whether we agree with their views or not, it's their business, they have an absolute right to serve who they wish, when they wish, for whatever reasons they wish.

[Image: 81564_gal-1.jpg]
22-11-2011, 08:21 AM
(22-11-2011 03:50 AM)17thknight Wrote:  Actually, I side with the couple on this, entirely. I can't even fathom how a government has a right to force a private business owner to serve people they don't wish to serve. And fine them for it no less. That's appalling.
If a business refused to serve me, I would not frequent that business. I would call on others to not use them. I would write scathing reviews, and I would make it known in the media that they discriminate.

But the GOVERNMENT forcing a PRIVATE business owner to take on customers they don't want? That's appalling. That's terrifying. That's tyrannical. That's 1984.

It doesn't matter whether we agree with their views or not, it's their business, they have an absolute right to serve who they wish, when they wish, for whatever reasons they wish.

Would you condone a business that refused to serve blacks? It is no different. If people are openly allowed to discriminate like that then there is no point even trying to have equality. Racism, sexism, it all becomes allowed.

That would seem more tyrannical to me.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post