Homosexuality, and what the Bible says about it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2011, 02:03 PM

RE: Homosexuality, and what the Bible says about it.
(27-10-2011 02:01 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  Good point. Apparently that consequence cannot really affect them.

Yeah so. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2011, 02:04 PM
(27-10-2011 01:56 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  True but it is more rampant in the gay community. There is no denying that. Its also easier to get it through anal sex. The studies are out there and the evidence speaks for itself. Like I said in my last post that philosophy can be applied to straight people. STD's are a consequence of sex outside/before marriage.

So the problem isn't the gay community itself but a lack of use of protection in the gay community. We shouldn't be criticising people for being gay. We should be educating them on the dangers of AIDS and encouraging the use of condoms.

Just out of interest what denomination of Christian are you? Please don't tell me you belong to a denomination that rejects the use of condoms after talking about the dangers of AIDS.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2011, 02:08 PM
(27-10-2011 01:50 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  I know a great deal of people in the GLBT community. Everyone that I know in that community is dying of AIDS or they know a handful of people dying from AIDS. To me that is a reflection that it is wrong and a consequence for doing something that you should not do.

Hey Jesus. 67-year-old gay guy here. Very healthy. Not dying of AIDS. Don't even have HIV. I know a "great deal of people" in the GLBT community too. None of my gay friends are dying of AIDS (although I did know some people back in the '80s).

There was a time when people were dying of syphilis, a venereal disease, by the millions. I don't recall Christians or anyone else saying, "See? That's what you get for being straight!"

We now know how to cure syphilis. Hopefully we'll be able to cure AIDS someday as well.

Just sayin'.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 5 users Like cufflink's post
27-10-2011, 02:15 PM
(26-10-2011 11:11 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I never quite believed how in depth this was until I moved to a small town a couple years ago. When I tried to inquire and show this lack of moral judgement I realized some people akin it to alcoholism and even other physical diseases. It was the first time I heard about 'pray the gay away'. Blew me away!

Gay is another form of love.
I didn't know alcohol, cancer and heart disease were other forms of love too Confused

I like your post and agree. That 'pray the gay away' is ridiculous and destructive.
27-10-2011, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2011 02:22 PM by Jesus H Christ.)
(27-10-2011 02:04 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(27-10-2011 01:56 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  True but it is more rampant in the gay community. There is no denying that. Its also easier to get it through anal sex. The studies are out there and the evidence speaks for itself. Like I said in my last post that philosophy can be applied to straight people. STD's are a consequence of sex outside/before marriage.

So the problem isn't the gay community itself but a lack of use of protection in the gay community. We shouldn't be criticising people for being gay. We should be educating them on the dangers of AIDS and encouraging the use of condoms.

Just out of interest what denomination of Christian are you? Please don't tell me you belong to a denomination that rejects the use of condoms after talking about the dangers of AIDS.
Non-denominational.Of course if your going to have sex using a condom would be logical to prevent STD's. To set the record straight about the AIDS thing. I only mentioned it because out of all the different groups of people I know it affects more people in the gay community than any other one. Seriously in my circle of friends and family I can only think of 1 person that has AIDS. I am sure there are plenty of people that knows someone that is not gay and has AIDS but there is no denying its more rampant with that group. Outside of that I know a handful of people that are active in the GLBT community that are dying. I really did not want that to be the topic of discussion but thought it was worth mentioning.

(27-10-2011 02:08 PM)cufflink Wrote:  
(27-10-2011 01:50 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  I know a great deal of people in the GLBT community. Everyone that I know in that community is dying of AIDS or they know a handful of people dying from AIDS. To me that is a reflection that it is wrong and a consequence for doing something that you should not do.

Hey Jesus. 67-year-old gay guy here. Very healthy. Not dying of AIDS. Don't even have HIV. I know a "great deal of people" in the GLBT community too. None of my gay friends are dying of AIDS (although I did know some people back in the '80s).

There was a time when people were dying of syphilis, a venereal disease, by the millions. I don't recall Christians or anyone else saying, "See? That's what you get for being straight!"

We now know how to cure syphilis. Hopefully we'll be able to cure AIDS someday as well.

Just sayin'.
Yea hopefully we do find a way to cure it. And i never said that's what you get for being gay. I just think its a consequence for sexual immorality gay or straight. And yea syphilis is a consequence for sexual immorality gay or straight.
27-10-2011, 03:29 PM

(27-10-2011 02:04 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  So the problem isn't the gay community itself but a lack of use of protection in the gay community. We shouldn't be criticising people for being gay. We should be educating them on the dangers of AIDS and encouraging the use of condoms.

Thank you, Hughsie.
Educate the Christians, as usual.
-Fellow Homosexual. Smile
27-10-2011, 03:32 PM
(27-10-2011 03:29 PM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  Thank you, Hughsie.
Educate the Christians, as usual.
-Fellow Homosexual. Smile

Haha, I'm straight Smile.

I just don't like it when people discriminate against others. Especially when it's in the name of a non-existent being!

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
27-10-2011, 03:34 PM

(27-10-2011 03:32 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Haha, I'm straight Smile.

I just don't like it when people discriminate against others. Especially when it's in the name of a non-existent being!

I'm bisexual, though I lean more to men.
People who judge others because of sexuality are dumb already.. You don't have to pretend to be someone fake to piss people off.
[+] 1 user Likes calmyourtitsbro's post
27-10-2011, 03:37 PM
(27-10-2011 03:34 PM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  I'm bisexual, though I lean more to men.
People who judge others because of sexuality are dumb already.. You don't have to pretend to be someone fake to piss people off.

Exactly. I'm not gay but does it actually make any difference in my life at all if other people are? Nope. That's what pisses me off with the homophobic fundies. It makes no fucking difference to them yet they still have to be dicks about it. Same as when they get like that with women. That pisses me off as well.

Best
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
27-10-2011, 03:40 PM

(27-10-2011 03:37 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Exactly. I'm not gay but does it actually make any difference in my life at all if other people are? Nope. That's what pisses me off with the homophobic fundies. It makes no fucking difference to them yet they still have to be dicks about it. Same as when they get like that with women. That pisses me off as well.

Hughsie.
Would you like to be my new best e-friend? Smile
You understand me so well & you read my thoughts perfectly.
Most people don't even understand what the fuck I'm talking about, most of the time.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[+] 1 user Likes calmyourtitsbro's post