Homosexuality, and what the Bible says about it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2011, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2011 03:03 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Homosexuality, and what the Bible says about it.
(28-10-2011 02:38 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  I merely said it was a possible consequence for their actions.

Goddam, dude. Let's review your statement. That is not what you merely said at all.

(28-10-2011 10:08 AM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  I said if people practice sexual abstinence whether they are gay or straight then those people don't have to worry about getting AIDS. Plain and simple.

That statement is what I'm judging, not some poor junkies sharing needles. I don't fucking judge them, hell I feel for them. And that statement is just plain wrong.

(28-10-2011 02:38 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  So you are right, I AM NOT EQUATING IT TO SEXUAL BEHAVIOR BUT AS A RESULT OF IMMORAL BEHAVIOR. Do you see what I have been getting at this whole time now?

I have not seen any evidence that you are prepared to move from the rather simplistic and trifling discussion of religion to the far more intricate and involved discussions of morals and ethics.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2011, 02:56 PM
(28-10-2011 02:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-10-2011 02:38 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  I merely said it was a possible consequence for their actions.

Goddam, dude. Let's review your statement. That is not what you merely said at all.

(28-10-2011 10:08 AM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  I said if people practice sexual abstinence whether they are gay or straight then those people don't have to worry about getting AIDS. Plain and simple.

That statement is what I'm judging, not some poor junkies sharing needles. I don't fucking judge them, hell I feel for them.

(28-10-2011 02:38 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  So you are right, I AM NOT EQUATING IT TO SEXUAL BEHAVIOR BUT AS A RESULT OF IMMORAL BEHAVIOR. Do you see what I have been getting at this whole time now?

I have not seen any evidence that you are prepared to move from the rather simplistic discussion of religion to the far more intricate and involved discussions of morals and ethics.
Here was my original statement, you tell me what it says:
"I know a great deal of people in the GLBT community. Everyone that I know in that community is dying of AIDS or they know a handful of people dying from AIDS. To me that is a reflection that it is wrong and a consequence for doing something that you should not do."

Looks like I said it was a consequence for their actions.
28-10-2011, 02:58 PM
So you are right, I AM NOT EQUATING IT TO SEXUAL BEHAVIOR BUT AS A RESULT OF IMMORAL BEHAVIOR. Do you see what I have been getting at this whole time now?
[/quote]

I do indeed see what you're getting at. You're trying to point out to us that you are an idiot right? Trust me when I say that you don't need to tell us because we've figured that out a long time ago. Do actual research in the topic and provide correct responses or gtfo. It's that simple. See what I'm getting at?

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
28-10-2011, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2011 03:11 PM by Jesus H Christ.)

That statement is what I'm judging, not some poor junkies sharing needles. I don't fucking judge them, hell I feel for them.
I stand by that statement. If people practice sexual abstinence then for the most part they do not have to worry about getting AIDS. Look you do not have to agree with my beliefs to agree with that statement. I bet there are a lot of non believers that think that statement is very true.

(28-10-2011 02:58 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  So you are right, I AM NOT EQUATING IT TO SEXUAL BEHAVIOR BUT AS A RESULT OF IMMORAL BEHAVIOR. Do you see what I have been getting at this whole time now?

I do indeed see what you're getting at. You're trying to point out to us that you are an idiot right? Trust me when I say that you don't need to tell us because we've figured that out a long time ago. Do actual research in the topic and provide correct responses or gtfo. It's that simple. See what I'm getting at?
[/quote]
So basically you do not have much to say other than calling me an idiot. Nice, that is a well put out argument on your part. Really it is you who does not have a correct response other than idiot, do correct research, when you came at me with nothing but that.

Seriously when you resort to name calling you show a lack of intelligence. Instead of childish name calling why don't you present a good argument like GirlyMan does?
28-10-2011, 03:12 PM
(27-10-2011 01:50 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  I just do not want any part of it and will teach my kids that it is wrong. It is my freedom of choice to have those feelings and teach my kids how I please.

Everyone went a different way with your reply (from my quick read, so if someone else did comment on this, forgive me), but I want to talk about this right here.

Do you not see how this is wrong? What if one of your kids are gay and you are just telling them over and over how wrong it is to be who they are? Do you not see how it would erode their self confidence, their sense of self worth?

I just cannot fathom why people think it's okay to tell children that it's not okay to be something that people can't choose!

I'm just glad that my children know that I will love them regardless of their sexuality - or religion, for that matter.
28-10-2011, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2011 03:16 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-10-2011 02:59 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  

I stand by that statement. If people practice sexual abstinence then for the most part they do not have to worry about getting AIDS.

Looks to me like you just changed your statement.

28-10-2011, 03:15 PM
(28-10-2011 03:12 PM)myallbluezoo Wrote:  
(27-10-2011 01:50 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  I just do not want any part of it and will teach my kids that it is wrong. It is my freedom of choice to have those feelings and teach my kids how I please.

Everyone went a different way with your reply (from my quick read, so if someone else did comment on this, forgive me), but I want to talk about this right here.

Do you not see how this is wrong? What if one of your kids are gay and you are just telling them over and over how wrong it is to be who they are? Do you not see how it would erode their self confidence, their sense of self worth?

I just cannot fathom why people think it's okay to tell children that it's not okay to be something that people can't choose!

I'm just glad that my children know that I will love them regardless of their sexuality - or religion, for that matter.
I never said I would not love my kids if they took that route. I can only hope that I set a good example and hope they follow.
28-10-2011, 03:16 PM
I think the US would be far less inclined to think it had anything to do with homosexuality of in the early days of AIDS there wasn't a misconception that it was a "gay" disease. That misplaced focus is damaging to efforts to prevent its spread.

With regard to abstinence, yes the argument is sound that STDs in general would spread less easily. But if people took better steps for safety it would help as well. People simply operate on the assumption that if they don't have any symptoms that they are free of disease and that is just not true. What really needs to happen is better education on all levels regarding sex. The average person needs to better understand STDs, and they need to be encouraged to get screened as soon as they become sexually active. The average person needs to better understand how necessary protection is.

Abstinence is not the answer for everyone. Also, and more importantly, STDs are NOT some sort of punishment from god- they are a natural result of a world rich in bacteria and virus particles. Jesus H Christ, I know you weren't explicitly saying that AIDS is a punishment but tactlessly bringing it up in a thread discussing homosexuality and how the Bible treats it will cause people to react emotionally because it suggests that AIDS is a direct result of homosexuality even if that's not what you meant. You also brought it up in a very clumsy way- saying, "Everyone that I know in that community is dying of AIDS or they know a handful of people dying from AIDS." Surely after reading that you can see why the discussion quickly devolved- that's a very broad brush with which you're painting. It's implied that because everyone you know in the GLBT community has some connection to AIDS that everyone in the GLBT community also has some connection to AIDS. It's anecdotal and offensive.

Even if the CDC numbers support your point regarding the weighted of the spread of the infection, there are a number of reasons why may occur outside of simply "no sex outside of marriage". Some of these reasons include our lack of knowledge of the disease as it first began to spread and it being labeled a "gay disease", and the lack of sexual education and the constant battle fighting against more education (and what sex education there is doesn't cover homosexual sex education; if it did, that may help reduce stigma associated with being a homosexual since people wouldn't look at it as something abnormal and something to avoid in discussion). There are very likely more issues which play a part, but I'll end there since I'm not an expert on the matter.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
28-10-2011, 03:16 PM
(28-10-2011 03:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-10-2011 02:59 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  

I stand by that statement. If people practice sexual abstinence then for the most part they do not have to worry about getting AIDS.

Looks to me like you just changed your statement.
Are you serious? Do you see much of a change going on there?
28-10-2011, 03:17 PM
(28-10-2011 03:16 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  Are you serious? Do you see much of a change going on there?

I most seriously do.