Homosexuality, and what the Bible says about it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2011, 03:18 PM
RE: Homosexuality, and what the Bible says about it.
(28-10-2011 03:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-10-2011 03:16 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  Are you serious? Do you see much of a change going on there?

I most seriously do.

Please point out what I did that altered the statement to take on a different meaning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Why do we even bother with this one? He is obviously too far gone for logic to reach.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
28-10-2011, 03:22 PM
I never said I would not love my kids if they took that route. I can only hope that I set a good example and hope they follow.

[/quote]

I didn't say that you wouldn't love them - I said they wouldn't know it. You don't understand how telling them that what they ARE is wrong would make them question that?

I think if I heard my parents talk about me as if I were an abomination (even if they didn't know I was that) would be really degrading and make me very depressed.
28-10-2011, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2011 07:16 PM by Hughsie.)
(27-10-2011 01:50 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  I just do not want any part of it and will teach my kids that it is wrong. It is my freedom of choice to have those feelings and teach my kids how I please.

When you say that it's your freedom of choice how you raise your kids you are, of course, right but do you really think that it's the best parenting route to take teaching them to hate?

Just out of interest how would you feel about someone making exactly the same statement as you except about blacks instead of gays? Would you see that as OK?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
28-10-2011, 05:21 PM
(28-10-2011 03:18 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  
(28-10-2011 03:16 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  Are you serious? Do you see much of a change going on there?

I most seriously do.

Please point out what I did that altered the statement to take on a different meaning.

Your rephrasing of your original statement took it out of the realm of certainty and into the world of probability. I only needed a small admission of doubt to turn me into a fine young atheist some 30 years ago now.

(28-10-2011 03:19 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  Why do we even bother with this one? He is obviously too far gone for logic to reach.

Because he's still here and that means he's not too far gone for logic to reach. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
29-10-2011, 09:50 PM
(27-10-2011 01:50 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  I know a great deal of people in the GLBT community. Everyone that I know in that community is dying of AIDS or they know a handful of people dying from AIDS. To me that is a reflection that it is wrong and a consequence for doing something that you should not do.

(27-10-2011 02:19 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  Seriously in my circle of friends and family I can only think of 1 person that has AIDS. I am sure there are plenty of people that knows someone that is not gay and has AIDS but there is no denying its more rampant with that group. Outside of that I know a handful of people that are active in the GLBT community that are dying. I really did not want that to be the topic of discussion but thought it was worth mentioning.

So within the great deal of a handful of people you know in the GLBT community they have AIDS?
And in your circle of friends the one with AIDS, are they gay?
I suppose they must be, as its punishment right?

And as for “there is no denying it’s more rampant with that group” you may want to look into that.

And it wasn’t the topic of discussion until you thought it was worth mentioning, though why you thought it was worth mentioning is unclear…

But fair enough, being gay is wrong in the eyes of the church.
Being a paedophile is wrong too but the church has more than their share, I wasn’t going to bring it up but I want to know why they don’t get punished.
That is the way it works isn’t it?
Or is finding love with a consenting adult of the same gender worse than raping kids?

The AIDS is from God augment ether stops here or I get a really good sound rational answer to my questions above.
Failing that, your “out” is to return to the OP’s question.

(26-10-2011 10:31 AM)itsFerdinand Wrote:  Debate time!
What irritates me most is when people use the Bible against gays. People now-a-days obviously can't read inbetween the lines, or pay in-depth attention to anything as 'riotful' as such a topic as this.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
30-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Bible don't say shit about homosexuality. Fucking Moses had plenty to say about everything; but hey, when yer working for YHWH, ya cannot say there's something you don't know. YHWH don't like that kinda thinking... Big Grin

And Paul... brilliant with the theology... too bad it couldn't get him laid. YHWH doesn't give a shit if his employee is a repressed, authoritarian deviant with an inferiority complex... YHWH big picture, fool!

That take care of the book. What's left? Jesus H? You know he's fucked in the head... guy probably doesn't even realize he worships YHWH, how's he supposed to know what's what when he doesn't even seem to know who's who?

Isn't that a disability? So it's fun to pick on retards, as long as the retard is bashing gays? What's really going on, here?

All of you. Are right. Now what? Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-10-2011, 09:31 AM

(27-10-2011 01:50 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  I just do not want any part of it and will teach my kids that it is wrong. It is my freedom of choice to have those feelings and teach my kids how I please.

Freedom of choice.
Which means, they can choose to be gay.
Shut up.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes calmyourtitsbro's post
31-10-2011, 09:34 AM
(28-10-2011 03:18 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  

I most seriously do.

Yo bro you got your life and we got ares. You have nothing else better to do in your useless pathetic life but to try to ruin others day. People like you is why people have abortions cause they dont want there kids living in a world with annoying people like you... so to sum this up TITS OR GTFO nerd!
31-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Ok I'm actually going to defend Jesus a little (that sounds so awkward >>). He was asked to state his opinion of something and while stating it added a part that wasn't asked. While we see that as an attack he saw it as simply a part of his opinion. When the argument came about he was not prepared for a debate on his views and answered quite horribly.

In most areas the epidemic in homosexual groups is lowering as they are the most educated. The most common issues are men who hide being gay and get their wives pregnant and druggies. Yes there are areas where it's not as well informed but many parts of the US are getting this way. In St. Louis straight black women contract aids most often nowadays. And yes if we want to talk epidemic lets discuss Africa where most death is occurring due to children being born from it and wanting to live their normal lives. That's the reality of this disease, check out schools where they avoid letting kids near bloodstains because it is the blood which is the issue.

Abstinence doesn't help much of anything, teaching abstinence is just ensuring that your kid will find out on their own. You teach your kid about what's out there before they go test themselves. You tell them to just say no and you better expect a surprise.

And lastly as far as teaching your kids that homosexuality is wrong, this is what you should give your children
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdQ1ivqcdmw

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 2 users Like Lilith Pride's post