Homosexuality, and what the Bible says about it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2011, 01:44 PM
RE: Homosexuality, and what the Bible says about it.
Homosexuality is choice only as far as one can choose whether or not to act in accordance with one's own nature. In this instance, it is nearly always best to assess the self (the "true" self) and act in alignment. Repression nearly always leads to fucking disaster.

Biblical prohibition refers to gender and completeness. An individual attains greater completeness by interacting with identities of opposite gender. Gender is psychology, whereas sex is biology; if Paul knew this, he wouldn't have been such an asshole. What is now known, as in the case of homosexuality, is that a male can have female identity.

This is fucking case closed. Peeps going on about "homosexuality being wrong" do not understand YHWH and need to get their head out of their collective asses before YHWH get all pissed and shit. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2011, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 04:15 PM by germanyt.)
(27-10-2011 03:40 PM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  Hughsie.
Would you like to be my new best e-friend? Smile
You understand me so well & you read my thoughts perfectly.
Most people don't even understand what the fuck I'm talking about, most of the time.

O/T but, I like your hair.

(01-11-2011 01:44 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Homosexuality is choice only as far as one can choose whether or not to act in accordance with one's own nature.

I don't know a straight person that claims to have chosen to be straight. Not sure why some use the choice argument. It really all boils down to bigotry and hatred and not so much what the bible says. Even people who aren't fundamentalist Christians hate gays. They can't see that it's a bad as racism. Also, I've notice that the black community tends to be more anti-gay than other communities. You would think that centries of being treated like 2nd class citizens would give them a different perspective.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like germanyt's post
03-11-2011, 04:32 PM
(03-11-2011 04:11 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(27-10-2011 03:40 PM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  Hughsie.
Would you like to be my new best e-friend? Smile
You understand me so well & you read my thoughts perfectly.
Most people don't even understand what the fuck I'm talking about, most of the time.

O/T but, I like your hair.

(01-11-2011 01:44 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Homosexuality is choice only as far as one can choose whether or not to act in accordance with one's own nature.

I don't know a straight person that claims to have chosen to be straight. Not sure why some use the choice argument. It really all boils down to bigotry and hatred and not so much what the bible says. Even people who aren't fundamentalist Christians hate gays. They can't see that it's a bad as racism. Also, I've notice that the black community tends to be more anti-gay than other communities. You would think that centries of being treated like 2nd class citizens would give them a different perspective.

About the only people you see choosing to be their sexual orientation of choice are the extreme Christians who are gay but choose to be straight in fear of their belief that they will be sent to hell by God for being a evil sinner.

The pray the gay away leaders and the the christian guy who was gay in Religious are the types who live in their repressed lives and often have the scandals in public mens rooms. It is the people like that who are spreading the idea that they've chosen to be straight and live in hatred with themselves out of fear due to religion that spread the idea across various religious media to kept he public thinking that way.
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
03-11-2011, 07:14 PM
I always thought the perfect human was the hermaphrodite as they have more options.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 4 users Like Lilith Pride's post
03-11-2011, 07:36 PM
(03-11-2011 07:14 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I always thought the perfect human was the hermaphrodite as they have more options.

Can't agree more!

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll
03-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Conversation centurys ago.........

1st person "Hey I gotta say that idea you had about that god guy.......I cant believe how it has took off.........controlling the way people live has so many profitable outcomes to consider.......never mind the RAW POWER we have over people. I think the idea about marriage is good seeing as it locks two people together and creates a unique enviroment for us to indocrinate the next generation.......all powered by fear......who would of thought it........there is something I was wondering about.....what about gays??? Where do they fit in???"

2nd person "They dont fit into our plans.........how can two men/women create offspring for us to control??? They dont.........so therefore I see no use of them and have outlined plans to execute them........we dont wont these wasters eating away at what we are doing here"

1st person
"WOW............but what about hyenas???"

2nd person "Hyenas??? What the fuck are they???"

1st person "there like big dogs........the females are more dominant and have penises just like the males.......shall we execute all of them as well???"

2nd person ".......................shut the door on your way out............"

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
03-11-2011, 09:23 PM
(03-11-2011 07:14 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I always thought the perfect human was the hermaphrodite as they have more options.

I'm so glad you brought that up here.

Science has no problem with explaining hermaphrodites. Many of us atheists have no problem with the ethics of hermaphrodite sex. But Christians have some explaining to do... if a "perfect creator" made both humans and rules for them to follow that depend heavily on which sex they are, why create humans that can't follow these rules?

It makes me laugh when creationists argue that the existence of gays is proof against "survival of the fittest", but don't even stop to consider what questions can be posed to their hypothesis of Intelligent Design.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 3 users Like Starcrash's post
03-11-2011, 09:33 PM
(03-11-2011 04:11 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Also, I've notice that the black community tends to be more anti-gay than other communities. You would think that centries of being treated like 2nd class citizens would give them a different perspective.

This issue as it affects support for same-sex marriage in the U.S. was addressed a couple of days ago in an Op-Ed piece in The New York Times:

Race, Religion and Same-Sex Marriage

It's worth reading.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 3 users Like cufflink's post
03-11-2011, 09:49 PM
(03-11-2011 09:23 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  

I'm so glad you brought that up here.

Science has no problem with explaining hermaphrodites. Many of us atheists have no problem with the ethics of hermaphrodite sex. But Christians have some explaining to do... if a "perfect creator" made both humans and rules for them to follow that depend heavily on which sex they are, why create humans that can't follow these rules?

It makes me laugh when creationists argue that the existence of gays is proof against "survival of the fittest", but don't even stop to consider what questions can be posed to their hypothesis of Intelligent Design.

Yahweh works in mysterious ways. I'm sure you know that. Big Grin

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll
04-11-2011, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2011 05:49 PM by houseofcantor.)
(03-11-2011 09:49 PM)Organon Wrote:  Yahweh works in mysterious ways. I'm sure you know that. Big Grin

That's why he got his ass fired. Tongue

YHWH is the number 4 - conditional to my being a mathematician and a witch. Seeing things like YHWH and tao as mathematical concepts is a vision where they are both the same kinda thing - as an atheist, I don't hafta pimp any gospel - science already got that shit covered - it's called emergence.

(03-11-2011 09:33 PM)cufflink Wrote:  This issue as it affects support for same-sex marriage in the U.S. was addressed a couple of days ago in an Op-Ed piece in The New York Times:

Race, Religion and Same-Sex Marriage

It's worth reading.

No surprise. Jews run that rag; always stirring up trouble, them Jews. Big Grin

I am anti-Semitic only as far as meme is concerned. Every valid stereotype occurs with alignment to classification. For instance, I'm Irish, See me stumbling down the street with a bottle of whiskey in my hand singing a lament to my Gwynnies - it is not the time to mention you cannot stand Gwyneth Paltrow.

Cause Shit will Get Ugly. Big GrinBig Grin

Racial profiling is effective police strategy for the cop on the beat - it is not ethical to throw me in the slam if the above is witnessed by a cop - it is moral. And there is no "law" when the beat cop is lucky to have a GED and the ARS is eleven volumes in the criminal's favor.

And my Gwynnies says she's half Jew, so I hafta love them peeps. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]